I'm afraid I need a rollback...

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well.... it's not particular my fault that things just poof of my inventory for no reason... :| And I'm sorry if I gave trouble...

Oh and please, raven mace aint any useful! In fact in my hands it make me feel even slower than without, and it's an really easy item to get solo, while felewyn shard takes years to get nowadays, plus it's situational weapon where can be really useful. :p

Again, I do apoligize if I gave troubles or such, but I constantly look in my inventory nowadays just to see if that thing is still with me, I have no idea how it just go poof...

And... Yeah... It didn't appears yet in my inventory... It was silly of me not to say 20 may instead, but I guess I'm just unlucky... Well, seems like no more MSC for me for a while... :( Anyway, thanks for trying Thothie, hopefully one day you'll be in better mood. :p bless ya

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Why even bother getting it back if he is going to change them eventually?

You should focus on getting other stuff and grinding to a certain level range so you can keep up with other players when a new patch hits, if that ever happens. Got no clue what waits ahead for ms:c.

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
there is nothing really I else need or want, getting another unlike raven mace or ice shield is almost impossible. And I'm just really pissed that my long wanted and massive pain in ass earned item just got poof. It's not likely I want to level either, other people just want me to level them instead.

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well... I'm definitelly done with MSC for a while, that thing cost me a lot to get. Hopefully MSC will be updated very soon, or I might ask thothie again for rollback some time later once he gets in good mood again. :p

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Look at it like this, what costed alot to get will cost less to get in the future.

If Thothie removes felewyn shards from the game completly, that means he will add a new item not related with the lore, felewyn shards are related, they are part of the game's lore. The new blades will be something of lesser value compared to them no doubt. I guess the same could be said for unholy blade, it is probably the hardest item to obtain by playing the game normally (not using exploit club rewards or finding other ways). And by hardest, i don't mean rarest, rarest would be frost crescent blade. :wink:

I always thought that felewyn shards looked far too epic for level 30 content (and sucked a little bit), which is far from endgame, these shards should be near endgame content, if not proper endgame content. Though i was against the instant removal of said shards because they became so common, switching them to another type of uncommon item would be a much better approach than removing them entirelly.

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well, he said he will not remove it from the game, but rather replace it. And I'm afraid the update won't come up any time soon... :( But yeah, It's aint any fun that my really hard earned item just got poof, and it's just really unfair... I'm really want to use it as a reward for all the pain I got pass through to get it, or atleast to put in in Galat in case that it will be more safe and it will not just dissapears... But still, I'd rather stop play the game and wait for update or just wait for Thothie's good mood so he could do a rollback for me to 20th may :p there is nothing for me to do other than help the newbs around or those who ask me to level them, but I'd still wish to have fun with my felewyn shard one more time. The last rollbacks from Thothie was rather weird, as he rolled me back to the day I lost felewyn shard the first day and then just rolled me forward way too far when I lost it the second time... I guess I'm just not lucky... :(

Also, what I'd like to see in next update is that super rare and yet worthless items like cresscent blades finally get fair drop rate and wasn't just an nashalrath and elf's exclusives. I've managed to get two envomened cresscent blades, they are fun to use because of their aimbot, but their damage is meh, both ranged and melee combat. :roll:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Bloodstone Rings go through the same check process - I dunno why they don't vanish just as often... Maybe cuz they're gear items or something. But they are more useful, statistically even rarer (in terms of the number of players who have them), and almost as hard to acquire. So, meh.

It's MSC - sh*t happens.

(Granted, the rollback process is supposed to mitigate that, but I've already rolled ya back ten times in a single month now, and I could do it a hundred times, and ya might still never get that stupid sword back.)

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Crescent blades are fine as it is in terms of drop rates. Making them too easy will simply just kill off the purpose to play some maps again. Venoms are common drop, normal/lightning and fire all drop in the same map and have some rarity, ice is the rarest of them all because it's in a location nobody enjoys and seems to be a rare drop.

Though they could use some usefullness buff or upgrade in the future, like tomahawks.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Crescent blades are fine as it is in terms of drop rates. Making them too easy will simply just kill off the purpose to play some maps again. Venoms are common drop, normal/lightning and fire all drop in the same map and have some rarity, ice is the rarest of them all because it's in a location nobody enjoys and seems to be a rare drop.

Though they could use some usefullness buff or upgrade in the future, like tomahawks.

What are you even on about? No one was ever talking about crescents in this thread :?

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Bloodstone Rings go through the same check process - I dunno why they don't vanish just as often... Maybe cuz they're gear items or something. But they are more useful, statistically even rarer (in terms of the number of players who have them), and almost as hard to acquire. So, meh.

It's MSC - sh*t happens.

(Granted, the rollback process is supposed to mitigate that, but I've already rolled ya back ten times in a single month now, and I could do it a hundred times, and ya might still never get that stupid sword back.)

Bloodstone rings are more rarer?? I had big time doubt about that, atleast because atleast each player or even character supposed to have them. And harder to acquire?? Now that is just laughtable. It's one of those items that actuality request an interesting quest, other than kill 150 dwarfzombies. And you can actuality do it solo. Honestly, I don't know anyone in game who still doesn't have that ring, atleast above level 5-10. Honestly, I wish there was much more maps with quest to obtain certain thing/ability, just like that m2_quest's quest. :p

The reason why I wanted not so futher rollback, is because few days before losing Felewyn Shard I finally leveled up my agility and that was an real achievement for me, so I didn't wanted to lose it. :p I'm sorry if all this day by day rollback is tiring. I'm not completely sure how does rollback exactly works though and what exactly it would request to do... If you say you rolled my char again, well, nothing really changed since the last time I checked... Ummm... Maybe 19 may FINALLY will solve it. And I swear, once I get the sword, I'll use it a few seconds to be sure it's all functional and put it in galat chest and will never ever pull it out again untill it will be fixed. I'm just hope that galat chest is more stable than it was before, I've happened to lose dark swords and some other stuff back in time, though I get it all back again. But I will never understand why you cannot put bravery or firebrand potions in galat anymore. :p

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
zeus9860 said:

What are you even on about? No one was ever talking about crescents in this thread :?

PyroManiac said:
Also, what I'd like to see in next update is that super rare and yet worthless items like cresscent blades finally get fair drop rate and wasn't just an nashalrath and elf's exclusives. I've managed to get two envomened cresscent blades, they are fun to use because of their aimbot, but their damage is meh, both ranged and melee combat. :roll:

Someone needs to go back to school or buy some new glasses, word(or). :roll:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
PyroManiac said:
Bloodstone rings are more rarer??
On the RKS servers alone, for all of 2013:
271 separate characters with Felewyn Shards (184 with more than one, 43 with all five).
vs. 77 separate characters with Bloodstone rings, total.

Mind you, there were only supposed to be 5 active shards at any given time (er, 25 - 5 of each #), total, meaning, most likely, you'd completely barred from it, save via trade or getting in that narrow window when one expired, but alas, there was no way to work that out.

And I can already tell ya that rolling ya back to the 19th wont get it back, as we already tried that. (Last month, I spent more time rolling back your character than I did working on the dern patch.)

In a game with nearly 200 items, if you're going to leave because you can't have one, you were going to leave anyways, and this definitely isn't the game for ya.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Lucifer Majiskus said:
zeus9860 said:

PyroManiac said:

Someone needs to go back to school or buy some new glasses, word(or). :roll:
I knew somewhere there was a mention I missed. I usually only read topics and skim posts for relevance. Sadly, this must've missed my radar :wink:

PyroManiac

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
PyroManiac said:
Bloodstone rings are more rarer??
On the RKS servers alone, for all of 2013:
271 separate characters with Felewyn Shards (184 with more than one, 43 with all five).
vs. 77 separate characters with Bloodstone rings, total.

Mind you, there were only supposed to be 5 active shards at any given time (er, 25 - 5 of each #), total, meaning, most likely, you'd completely barred from it, save via trade or getting in that narrow window when one expired, but alas, there was no way to work that out.

And I can already tell ya that rolling ya back to the 19th wont get it back, as we already tried that. (Last month, I spent more time rolling back your character than I did working on the dern patch.)

In a game with nearly 200 items, if you're going to leave because you can't have one, you were going to leave anyways, and this definitely isn't the game for ya.

oh wow, someone must farm a lot of them or just multiple all them somehow... Kinda not fair, as I couldn't get mine back when it was so generic... Like I said, I'm not really sure how does rollback work, but aint you just load the data file of certain date from your archive?? You rolled me once way too far backward (for some reason), so I guess the archive does save information about char for long long time. And I do appologize again if rolling back a character takes too time. I remember watch for the sword, but one time it just gone. Aint the arcvhive saves information about the inventory and if I had the sword or not?? 19 may was technically work, as if I remember properly, it was a day when I played with random guy and probably found that qualiver of archer mysteriously dwelt in my bag of holding.

Also, I have every weapon I wanted to get, and lately I really wanted to get that felewyn shard. In fact, I wanted to get it fair way and do the quest myslef, with no trade (for that sword, though I did exchange some symbols if I rememebr properly) or borrow it from someone else, or just use some symbol exploits, so I did, it's just really depressing that my most wanted item just go poof.