Reaction score
The golden poison frog only needs to touch your skin and you die in minutes

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Not that I want to add to the burning hell that is the 432nd "Ideas Thread" - but I do recall, vaguely, in Star Trek TNG, a poison blunt weapon that was shaped like a Bee Stinger, carved from some sort of dark wood, used on some primitive backwater planet. That'd work - although I'd hate to see it in game, as it'd no doubt be fugly as hell in HL1.

Fehi

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ahh but there is a difference. Usually those threads are just the thread starter's ideas and possibly other peoples ideas. This one mainly focuses on getting people to post their ideas without having to make a new topic.

Besides I searched idea and got no where.

Any way. Focusing on the current topic at hand. I think it would also be possible to poison someone using a blunt weapon with spikes on them. Like a poison flail or something along them lines.

:edit:
Also title fixed. + 1 idiot to self.

banert

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The frigid Northlands (because someone always hail
As a victim of the traps and pits of this game, I'd love to see a detect trap spell/ring implemented. It could work by highlighting. I understand that this may be outside of the bounds of the engine you use, but It would be neat if you could figure out a way to do it.

Jon

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
banert said:
As a victim of the traps and pits of this game, I'd love to see a detect trap spell/ring implemented. It could work by highlighting. I understand that this may be outside of the bounds of the engine you use, but It would be neat if you could figure out a way to do it.

lol? I don't think thats possible... Also you shouldn't need to have ring to detect STFUBIGHOLEWASONGROUND.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
If you recompile the maps it should be possible. All it requires is for the ring to trigger a specific entity name, and for the map to have a func_illusion near the trap, invisible but with a trigger_render (or what it's called, don't remember it) that gets triggered by the ring, then gives the func_illusion a white glowshell. But as for making it invicible to players who don't have the ring, I think new mappers toys are required.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Jon said:
banert said:

lol? I don't think thats possible... Also you shouldn't need to have ring to detect STFUBIGHOLEWASONGROUND.

>.> I know of at least one map that has hidden spike pits in it. As in, it has fake floors. For some reason the map name escapes me (probobly because it's a map that is seldom played), but I know exactly where it is O:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just so the few mappers I've not informed know, it is now possible, due to some new tricks I've learned with the script system, to do something along those lines if you so desired. I could rig it, for instance, so that if a person walked through a certain brush that you added a scriptname property to, with a certain item, that it would trigger a certian map event... However, assuming you lit the things up with func_illusionary's, it'd light up for everyone there, not just that player.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
Not the map I was thinking of... One of the obscure ones filled with undead. I think Keledros is there, too.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
*Attempts not to make a new suggestion thread*

#1) Make non-ranged versions of Dewm bushes and Dewm trees

#2) Place a few non-ranged Dewm shrubs/bushes in sfor, locations like next to the giant pit near spawn and/or in the maze-ish forest (You'd have to kill the shrubs/bushes to get by)

#3) Make non-ranged Dewm plants summonable, the higher the SC, the more likely they'll grow (SC6=Shrub, SC14=Shrub>Bush, SC22=Shrub>Bush>Tree. ~30 seconds between growth)

#4) Please :(

#5) Lightning arrows not effected by gravity? Other than that, I see no point in using lightning arrows :S

xxxcoldmanxxx

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
I've an idea about Amulets. And Blade Mail. And also a new weapon type. Polearm and Staffs.
Amulets: Gives various benefits, like resistance or adds health. Like +10 health or +10 lightning resistance.
Blade Mail: Returns portion of damage to attacker. Like, Atholo does 124.9 damage to you! You return <amount> of the damage to Atholo!
Polearm: Further ranged melee weapons that deal more than the Axe Family :D As always, slower.
Staff: Second to <number> charge fires out various spells (new spells or normal ones :p).

Hit me back on what you like and don't like. =D

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I suggest that the damage types of the trigger_hurt narrowed down to the four elements we have and then physical. That way fire actually does fire damage, and acid actually does poisen damage.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I added a mapper toy that makes that possible - however, in most situations, you don't want that. Sucks to be stuck at the bottom of a lava pit and immune to fire. ;)

*Attempts not to make a new suggestion thread*

#1) Make non-ranged versions of Dewm bushes and Dewm trees

#2) Place a few non-ranged Dewm shrubs/bushes in sfor, locations like next to the giant pit near spawn and/or in the maze-ish forest (You'd have to kill the shrubs/bushes to get by)

#3) Make non-ranged Dewm plants summonable, the higher the SC, the more likely they'll grow (SC6=Shrub, SC14=Shrub>Bush, SC22=Shrub>Bush>Tree. ~30 seconds between growth)

#4) Please :(

#5) Lightning arrows not effected by gravity? Other than that, I see no point in using lightning arrows :S
If a mapper requests non-ranged versions of the dewm tree, I can make them easily - however, we're at our model limit and can add no new summons.