Ideas thread

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
If Sabre truly stole Mithril Scale-Mail from Runescape, it'd be some fugly ass purple.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
villager said:
If Sabre truly stole Mithril Scale-Mail from Runescape, it'd be some fugly ass purple.
Yeah, I pulled that armor out of my ass(figuratively speaking).

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
If we ever figure out how to combine viewmodels, the model limit will be reduced drastically, as each weapon currently has a different viewmodel. Since most use the same animations, only 4 files or so would be needed to fit them all.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
megatracker said:
Orochi said:
the model limit will be reduced drastically

wouldnt that be a bad thing? or do you mean increased

It's a good thing, it means we will have room for much moar good stuff.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hey! Now! You can't talk about using Swords and Shields, and what is this? ARMOR!?

You guys are stealing from runescape! I'm gonna call Jagex and they will... Dunno, implement grooming skill, where your character has to shave every day. "Selling Rune Quad Razor! 100k!!!"

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Liv said:
I dreaming about new shield. There is only about 5 in game. I named it - (1)draconic shield - because it will (2)looks like dragon head. It would be have charge like rune shield but this wont be frozen -> (3)fire charge like flamelick dagger. Model(WIP).

coincidencell7.png

Oh, come on. Like no one else would have come to that conclusion.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I lol'd

Liv

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
coincidencell7.png

Oh, come on. Like no one else would have come to that conclusion.

But i never played Runescape :roll:

That grey thing (2) is "dragonhead-shape shield"? Rather shovel.

I dont want to argue with men who never played in different RPG or cRPG than runescape (and msc).

My idea was created in MY MIND when i first time saw that flames from FLAMELICK charge. Appearance of shield comes from Baldurs Gate 2:

tarcza.gif

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeeeah... I somehow don't think Runescape can lay claim to the idea of a shield with a dragon face on it that absorbs/inflicts fire damage as its own. ...Anymore than we can claim the idea of having a sword with a skull on the hilt as exclusively our own. ;)

Liv

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Yeeeah... I somehow don't think Runescape can lay claim to the idea of a shield with a dragon face on it that absorbs/inflicts fire damage as its own. ...Anymore than we can claim the idea of having a sword with a skull on the hilt as exclusively our own. ;)

hehe MiB will find skullblade in Runescape :p

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I remember when i was discussing some fan ideas in-game, and all the other "player X" responded was "cliche" and "gay", and that they should make more realistic weapons instead.

Shortly after that i decided to try milkshape so my ideas wont die

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:

That sword with a skull on it clearly needs to do the most damage in the game. And um... I don't care if a level 10 can get it from the thornlands.

And a serious idea, give one handed swords a more viable animation when using a shield. "I shall parry your attack with this shield buried in my wrist... Backwards! Ha-HA!"

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Touchy people are touchy >_>;;

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, meant to say that we will reduce the number of models counting towards the model limit.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Here is an idea for a new ring (or amulet, whatever). +1 for all skills.

An ultra rare ring on a ultra long quest in a ultra high level map with an ultra hard boss at the end.

!=-PhoeniX-=!

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
my idea is a shield bash attack such as when u right click to hold up ur shield u can left click to smash somebody with it

Jon

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
MAKE DUAL WIELDING ACTUALLY USEFUL. caps lock ftw.

2 Swords - Holding Normal attack button = Alternating attacks between weapons at 150% speed. Charging weapon takes twice as long.

2 Daggers - Holding Normal attack button = Alternating attacks between weapons at 175% speed. Charging both weapons creates double stab/ charge takes twice as long.

Etc.....

Dual wield looks really cool but its completely pointless since you don't gain anything from doing it.

Fehi

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Or allow them to do Simultaneous attacks where the left hand weapon only does 50 percent damage, and you can't use special charge attacks. Only first charge attacks at best.

By pressing a button (Set in options or console) You go from Separated to Dual wield. By doing this pressing on the left mouse button does a simultaneous attack, which attacks with both weapons at the same time.

How ever you have to have Much higher of the skill needed to dual wield. For example. GiB, 15 swordsmanship to wield, 20 swordsmanship to dual wield with 25 percent damage left hand. 23 for 50 percent. Which will be max. 25 for Dual Wield Charge attack which uses the weapons standard charge attacks. Which means No dark sword dual wield uber charge attacks.

scaredwolf

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Jon said:
MAKE DUAL WIELDING ACTUALLY USEFUL. caps lock ftw.

2 Swords - Holding Normal attack button = Alternating attacks between weapons at 150% speed. Charging weapon takes twice as long.

2 Daggers - Holding Normal attack button = Alternating attacks between weapons at 175% speed. Charging both weapons creates double stab/ charge takes twice as long.

Etc.....

Dual wield looks really cool but its completely points since you don't gain anything from doing it.

Well here is something I came up with (no actual mechanics thought about)

The idea, create a dull set "Dull Dual Wield Knives" a 2H dagger, that looks like two daggers on screen and so on, maybe creating a new stat, "Dual Wield" that has 6 sub stats:

Profficancy \
Balance |
Small Arms |-----Just quick Ideas
Swords |
Axes |
Blunts /

The first two would level like any other skill, and depending on what you wield, it would increase the appropriate weapon sub stat (increasing damage for it).

The weapons would have either 2x the normal attack speed of that weapon, or hit twice at the speed of a normal attack.

Now for some weapons:

The Bale Knife

A fusion of Demonic Flesh, and a masterwork Knife, it would most likely be in the hands of said demons. With a weak poison on its normal attack, Charged attacks would be almost basic :

1st Charge: Normal Power Strike

2nd Charge: A strike that steals some health

3rd Charge: A powerful, Deadly Poison strike that also Afflicts the minor poison on you (like the snake staff's charge)

The Wyvern Blade

Crafted from the teeth and horns of a long dead wyvern, This rare weapon might be found in long lost castles or forgotten cities. this Saber-like blade also has a poison attack.

1st Charge: Basic Power Attack

2nd Charge: Tooth Strike, hits with the embedded Tooth in the Hilt, inflicting a stronger poison, and draining some mana from you.

3rd Charge: another mind spew from me, Go into a "Corrupted" State, much like the demon blood. dealing damage over time to you and taking all your mana, increasing your damage based on your Affliction, it would last around 15 seconds, enough to drain your health nicely while giving you a damage boost.

Both of these are without looking into lore, or anything.

Liv

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
scaredwolf said:
The Wyvern Blade

Crafted from the teeth and horns of a long dead wyvern, This rare weapon might be found in long lost castles or forgotten cities. this Saber-like blade also has a poison attack.

1st Charge: Basic Power Attack

2nd Charge: Tooth Strike, hits with the embedded Tooth in the Hilt, inflicting a stronger poison, and draining some mana from you.

3rd Charge: another mind spew from me, Go into a "Corrupted" State, much like the demon blood. dealing damage over time to you and taking all your mana, increasing your damage based on your Affliction, it would last around 15 seconds, enough to drain your health nicely while giving you a damage boost.

Both of these are without looking into lore, or anything.

Maybe Wyvern's Tale (BG2) - poisoning blunt (better than snake staff and gives blunt exp).

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
You couldn't poison a blunt weapon in real life even if you tried. Even if you did, you wouldn't poison the person you hit it with.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Tentadrilus said:
You couldn't poison a blunt weapon in real life even if you tried. Even if you did, you wouldn't poison the person you hit it with.

Well, since axes are considered blunt weapons, you, sir, are pwnt :D.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
1. Blunt objects can, and will, draw blood, therefore they can pass their poison along.
2. Not all poisons need to go into the bloodstream directly - some can be applied by skin.

Blaze

New Adventurer
Reaction score
but doesn't application by skin take quite a lot longer to show symptoms, then direct blood stream injection?

if so... Blunt weapons will kill before the poison sets