I can't host on FuzNet anymore?

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I used to host using Fuznet all the time. Today, everytime I host it says my connection to FN has been broken and can't load my characters. Yet if I go to someone elses server, it loads fine?

Artemis

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I just created a username and was about to post exactly what happened to you because it just started happening to me too!! :(

[TBOC]Razor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have the EXACT same problem!! I have recently installed AMX and i thought that was it but i removed it and the game just crashed instead

BTW im using jan2007d

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
is that on character select? just bring up the console and type 'changelevel edana'

might help....

[TBOC]Razor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Diz be da wierdest shite, now all of a sudden it works fine again, no broken connection or anything.

I can run my own server, select my char and play again even though no changes have been made anywhere, wierd

And BTW the changelevel thing is for when you are running one map but your character is "registered" on another map, isn't it ??

*EDIT* Incase anyone is interested my server is the swedish one (no further details required really since its the only serv with Swedish in its name =P )
its not always online since i have to go to work in the morning hehehe but still, its another MSC server and its NOT located half-way round the world for us scandinavians.

Anyone want the addy ??
I also run a webradio, CSS:RPG server and sometimes a hamachi network for other games on the same addy but not all at the same time tho xD

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
no i was having a problem when i tryed to load up my [FN] character and it wouldnt connect to [FN] or something all i did was type that and it let me pick them.

[TBOC]Razor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
really ? hmm well its working just fine for me now and i didn't do anything to fix it (nothing that worked anyway xD )

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
yeah i got the same problem, i load up the sever, and it wouldnt connect to the FN...... but mine dosnet conenct still

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I just hosted and it still says the connection is broken... Changelevel Edana does nothing, they are all greyed out saying "Create New" and must wait until the server reconnects...

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
uhhh....just sounds like the central server is down.....but maybe not...i hope not, although it doesn't effect me - as i'm mappin

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
It's been like this for a few days. Central server ISN'T down, as if you join a server that's already up, you can load your character fine.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Port...? As in FNs port?

ms_central_enabled 1
ms_central_addr "cboat.mine.nu"
ms_central_pass "testing"

Is what I have in my .cfg.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
odd...should be defaulting it to the 5710 port then...

try adding a :5710 to the adress, maybe its not defaulting it properly or somesuch..

if that doesnt work, try the :5711 port

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'll restart the 5710 server.

edit: restarted. Log stopped on 1/18 - seems fine now (cross fingers).

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Just hosted to test if it worked Thothie, and... It did! That reset must of helped so thank you.