FN is down or something

Slash

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
the charactesr aren't being saved. However, we're not getting the traditional icon up at the top of the screen that normally pops up when FN is down.

Only noticed it b/c pots/XP weren't saving when the map changed.

Madman can corroborate.

franky200

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
Slash said:
the charactesr aren't being saved. However, we're not getting the traditional icon up at the top of the screen that normally pops up when FN is down.

Only noticed it b/c pots/XP weren't saving when the map changed.

Madman can corroborate.

this ^^

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Possibly because I ran then without administrator privileges, or something. (Thus, ap can no overwrite save files.)

Try again?

Really need to ask RKS how to properly restart the FN servers now that it isn't in the tcadmin.

Slash

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
appears to be fixed, thx !

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Possibly because I ran then without administrator privileges, or something. (Thus, ap can no overwrite save files.)

Try again?

Really need to ask RKS how to properly restart the FN servers now that it isn't in the tcadmin.

Sorry, I'm being somewhat lazy. Will add it to TCAdmin tonight.
It should only be 1-2 minute downtime.
Once that's done, all I need to wait for is for TCAdmin to add subusers (which they have now promised to be in the beginning of Feb).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, I'd be fine controlling it via the RDP - but I couldn't figure how it originally was launched... Odd thing is, however, that I thought I figured it out before, so maybe I've just gone pants on head with all the crap that's been going on over here.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Well, I'd be fine controlling it via the RDP - but I couldn't figure how it originally was launched... Odd thing is, however, that I thought I figured it out before, so maybe I've just gone pants on head with all the crap that's been going on over here.

Problem is with it starting back up when the server's restarted. I would have to re-launch it under my account, and you wouldnt be able to see anything (and have to end process then restart under your account). Figured it'd be much easier under TCAdmin. I've imported it back into TCAdmin so it should pop up.

Aische

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
seems like sometimes it saves sometimes it doesnt

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Tried restarting the FN servers, but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
RKS did the same thing I did. :oops:

You started them up under a TCAGame user, without Administrator level access, as you had it before, thus it does not have the write permissions for the folder.

As a temporary fix, I'll kill it and run the ports as admin under my login. Hopefully RKS will find a more permanent solution later.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thothie said:
RKS did the same thing I did. :oops:

You started them up under a TCAGame user, without Administrator level access, as you had it before, thus it does not have the write permissions for the folder.

As a temporary fix, I'll kill it and run the ports as admin under my login. Hopefully RKS will find a more permanent solution later.

Yeah I forgot about the file permissions. TCAGame now has access to the proper directory. I've been running 5710 and 5711 on TCAGame. Been more than 24 hours with no complaints so far, so I moved 5709 and 57012 to TCAGame. Properly integrated into TCAdmin now. Let me know if there's any further issues.