Elves

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Gurluas said:
i doubt blizzard would even notice it...

Yes, but if they ever do...
Remember, Blizzard themselves doesn't need to see the model in-game in order for them to know about it.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah but it did not work...the thruth: milkshape needs a crack...
i tried buying it, but to no avail, it does not accept free email accounts.
means i cant buy it as i only have a hotmail account.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Gurluas said:
Yeah but it did not work...the thruth: milkshape needs a crack...
i tried buying it, but to no avail, it does not accept free email accounts.
means i cant buy it as i only have a hotmail account.

It works...Look at the readme that came with it.

[FSM]The Owneded

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I shall counter all proportional arguments with "she's not a human, she's an elf."
frontwp6.jpg

Oh, and Gaz, I didn't use the eye tutorial but I did it mostly the same way as him without looking at it (octa geosphere with 2 segments) . Wierd.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The arms are too long...Even for an elf.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Elfs are skinny humans with pointy ears, you need to use a human as a base.

Sabre: I have NEVER EVER had a single serial that worked for this program, the copy protection of milkshape is incredible.

it even automatically shut down scanning programs that scans it.

[FSM]The Owneded

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm gonna be gone for the weekend. I should be back tuesday; I'll give you more updates then. I did shorten the arms a bit.

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Much better! Here's a redline:

redlineof8.jpg

So your hips/legs are too short, and obviously some things could be done about posture. But this is much better than the first shots, I love the detailing you've started doing with adding in curves around the sides of the torso area, looking great. Keep it up! Oh and the feet assumes large disney style boots...heh ignore them.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ah, much better ears! ;)

This is starting to turn out real good!

And when this is done, perhaps you can make some slight adjustments such as weight, height and no pointy ears and call it human, and boom - we've got a female human as well.

[FSM]The Owneded

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I can't see your picture Lanethan. Anyways, I don't think I want to work on this anymore; I have other things. If anyone wants to work with this, send me a PM and I can send you the model in whatever format you want (well mostly...) Otherwise, this WiP is delayed indefinitely.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Imageshack has phayled - surely the world is coming to an end.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought I sensed a great fail on the internet earlier today. Must have been that =\

Darkside1

New Adventurer
Reaction score
shit.... lucky i got garrys mod so i can go to a space build map and fly to the moon :D

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Garry's Mod...
:|

i can assure u garrys mod 10 isn't all about posing alyx into sexual position with gman or dr kliener i can tell u, its sooooo fun with a couple of addons

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
[FSM]The Owneded said:
I can't see your picture Lanethan. Anyways, I don't think I want to work on this anymore; I have other things. If anyone wants to work with this, send me a PM and I can send you the model in whatever format you want (well mostly...) Otherwise, this WiP is delayed indefinitely.

Wut!

How come mate? I even re-did her ass for you! :oldcry:

[FSM]The Owneded

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Gaz said:
[FSM]The Owneded said:

Wut!

How come mate? I even re-did her ass for you! :oldcry:

:oops: I'll see what I can do just for you, but I don't have as much time as I used to. Anyone want to volunteer to skin her? I think I'll just fit her to the scientist skeleton because you all seem to love those anims.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Jelly said:
WeissberV said:
a couple of addons

Nude skins?

far as i'm concerened those get removed from garrysmod.org, anyway i've neer seen anyone use them ingame, also creating ragdoll poses is rare now, everyone makes helicopters, fly to moon in spcae build and stuff, u can even have zombie mode in it, its so cool!

[FSM]The Owneded

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Necropost! Alright, I've decided to pick this project up again, at least temporarily. I spent about 6 hours unwrapping this model *sigh* I'm such a noob at 3ds. The UVW has a lot of empty space, bu tit was the best I could do. Most everything there should be pretty obvious... except maybe that funny crescent looking thing up and to the left of her face (thats her hair....) And the ear is the thing to the right of the torso.

So this is all I have so far. Sabre volunteered to find somebody to skin it. I'm going to rig it to the scientist model.... when I have time. I think thats about it. Thanks for fixing her ass Gaz :D.

Final poly count of 1,044.

So heres everything:
Rendered UVW Template:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cziibxy9tgd
Model:
.max http://www.mediafire.com/?dhwhxgcn6yu
.obj http://www.mediafire.com/?6cexdri9zne

Screenshots:

uvwdm9.jpg

checkeredvl0.jpg
:D :D

[FSM]The Owneded

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Does anyone have any concept for what the elves are supposed to look like at all? Thothie has a list of elves in the required section, so I was wondering if he just expected us to be creative? I mean really... what is a torkalath elf.