easy!

Oedipus

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I assume you mean it turns on them and casts some sort of "ray of enfeeblement" spell. Sadly, I can't think of a way to do that. :\ Weapon damage is set when the weapon spawns, it isn't adjustable, nor are player stats, nor can I make monsters resistant to specific players.

Dosn't deamon blood do a kinda reverse effect of this so couldnt you just make the monster do an inverted effect of it for a duration on a player? would be nice. that or add a -damamge effect to the monster so higher level people end up doing less and lower end up doing next to nothing.
Like hit for 100 . dammage risist 50% - 100/2=50 . dammage immunity 20 50-20=30 kinda thing that way low level people will hit for nothing.
40/2-20=0

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Onii (plural of onos?) look like skinned elephants, and are about as useful as one.

About damage resistance: let's just say that the gods haven't managed to figure out how to imbue pieces of armour with such an ability. I think it'll get boring once someone with 127% damage resistance joins the server and slays everything with his golden axe.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The plural for Onos, as everyone knows, is "OMFG F4!!!"

Dosn't deamon blood do a kinda reverse effect of this so couldnt you just make the monster do an inverted effect of it for a duration on a player? would be nice. that or add a -damamge effect to the monster so higher level people end up doing less and lower end up doing next to nothing.
Like hit for 100 . dammage risist 50% - 100/2=50 . dammage immunity 20 50-20=30 kinda thing that way low level people will hit for nothing.
40/2-20=0
You'll notice, with the demon blood, the demon blood damage comes up separately. Turning it into a resistance would work the same way, except of course, you do not get reports of monster heals, so you'd think you were doing the same damage as usual, which is counter-intuitive.

The new AI monsters have a filter where I can adjust their out damage dynamically, but the same process can't be applied to players (or very easily, to the old AI monsters). Maybe I can add a new monster/player property in the dodamage hard code that would allow adjustable damage, but anything with the hard code is always dicey.