Crossbow

TPM_Montross

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Witnessofgod said:
AN advanced game designer can make 170 dollars an hour so i dont know what you are talking about tpm.

no, as previously stated, this is a mid range paying job, game devs dont get payed more than brain surgeons, i'm sry, i really wish they did :p, but they dont

and trust me, i know quite a few people in the 3d art industry, none of them make that much money, and they are a whole lot better than your brother

Splorch

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yeah, even im a 3d artist in my spare time, and was considering it a job (until i realized they don't make crap), but gave it up instead to aim for becoming a teacher(not much better, but i like it more).

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I kinda like the crossbow. Yes, the texture is crappy, but the model seems pretty good. I like it.

And I don't know how many times I made that clear, that your brother or Rhoeder has been lying for so long. I corrected him earlier (can anyone remember that?) in another thread. Trust me, as I said before, I'm involved with people in the industry all the time. Trying to get that lie past me is like trying to tell a surgeon that the heart belongs in your knee and think you can convince him.

By the way, in industry, it's usually called clients, not customers.

- Ewok

TPM_Montross

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i am sry for taking so long on the texture, i am having all kinds of tests n stuff b4 Christmas break, i have very little time on my hands, if anyone wants to give it a go then go for it, the uvws are provided

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
So what do i do just edit that picture and you put it over the model? or do you need to send me a skin. Proggy lol i dont even know what one of those are im a ordianry web graphic designer.

TPM_Montross

New Adventurer
Reaction score
proggy is slang for program, as in wut program do u use? (ps, gimp), and to texture it u take the uvw map, or my texture, that i put up on the first page somewhere and u add stuff to it until u think it looks good, then i put it on the model

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Reaction score
cool ill just redo it then. I will use fireworks :p but i can do an awesome job if i take the time.

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Reaction score
K all done

Here ya go
crossbowtextnew.jpg

Could you attach it and show the bow? Im dead curious :p

TPM_Montross

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i'll put it on, but the top seems like its going to apply very wierd, i'll b back with a screen in a sec

Nickster

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hmm, starting to look promising although still some stuff that could use some tweaking.

I cant make out the general lightsource, could you enlighten me?

And the metal looks kinda "pasted on", it could use a bit shading around the edges here and there (although, I cant help you out much there since im not that good of a skinner)... :(

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Reaction score
the general light source is no where i used fireworks and created half of it then cloned it and fliped it and bingo.

New Adventurer
Reaction score
*009 sings* oh happy day...

so sup guys ?

crossbow look great :D

done.. what now ? :p `xD