Complete bullshit.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Re: Complete ****.

J-M v2.5.5 said:
And as for my reply to villager: I just remembered that I'm not going to argue over this, because the chest is still awesome.
That how you usually end your conversations when you run out of decent/selflish points to shoot down my argument. All I got out of your argument was that you want that chest to remain the same because it's easier for you to do Lodagond series than actually play the game as it was meant to be played.

Slaytanic_pb said:
J-M has a valid point about the whole loda series and what treasure may be found there. Many of the maps he has mentioned DO have a lot of stability problems that loda 2, 3 and 4 don't have. Noticed how I didn't mention Loda 1 there? That's because Loda 1 NOW has a HUGE stability problem with the ice mages. I've had that map crash on me 3 times in a row just as the blue circle protecting the ice mages goes up. Not to mention that it may just crash anyways just fighting the mages. Once you get past them, then it's open season for the rest of the series.

However, my point is how many times does one have to do a map to get a rare? If you are low level, you won't be able to get them because of the difficulty, but it's a challenge and that makes it interesting. But as you get higher up, it gets damn right disappointing, frustrating, and very f*cking boring to do the same map again and again to try and get a rare that never shows. Now, let's throw in map instability and it just down right insane. After doing a certain map to get pheonix armor for 2 months straight, almost daily trying that map for 2-4 runs, I can attest to this. If you are high enough level to make it through to the end of loda 4, the you deserve rares that were found on other maps on the off chance that you don't have it.

Also, there are many rares that are NOT obtainable through the loda series still. You still have to do the maps that the rares first appeared in.

1) stability problems isn't meant to be an obsticle in the game, Lodagond series isn't the "fix".
2) If people find it easier to do Lodagond series to obtain all those items than doing the not as hard maps, then clearly Lodagond isn't hard enough.
3) I can do Lodagond-4 and not touch The_keep and get all the rares in that map, is that fair for Little_Frodo who created The_keep?

And if people want to stock pile on rares for their guild members, they should be doing ALL the maps to obtain those rares, not just the Lodagond series.

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score

Villager,

You still haven't answered MY question though - How many times does one have to do a map to get a rare?

I guess one smart ass answer is - till you get it.

I suppose you think that the fair way of doing it, as we aren't being "fair" to the other map makers and playing their maps to get the rares and getting them on loda instead. How about being "fair" to the players who have played the other maps HUNDREDS of times to get a rare and never get it? I've played cliecert so many god damn times and have NEVER seen an lrod. And you know what, I wouldn't be surprised if I never do, because if never ever f*cking spawns. Every time someone suggests to do that map to the lrod, I just roll my eyes, and say "OK, let's try...". Finish the map and oh gee look, the lrod didn't SPAWN AGAIN. "Another run you say?" Oh gee look... ad infinitum.

Also, you haven't acknowledged what I said about how the loda series doesn't give every rare in the game. I know I've never seen an lrod there and I've played the series many times. I don't care about the rares there, just the xp. It's gonna be a sad day when the xp gets rolled back because ONE new weapon gets put into the game.

as to this

And now that the Blood Drinker and Bludgeon Hammer are out, the chest should only contain those two, maybe even moving the AoB and Hoarfrost Shard up to the Lodagond-4's chest. The Litch could be moved up into the Lodagond-1's final chest and the reaver's chest could be used as a stock pile

WTF is that crap? Loda-1 is hard enough as it is to kill the orc boss. That boss is the 2nd hardest boss in the game and YOU want the reward for killing that boss to be a Lich Tongue? Are you f*cking kidding me? That's just plain wrong on so many levels.

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Wow that was really funny. I did el oh el, irl.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score

Also, after (hesitantly) re-reading villager's Nerf Post #47034 and (gladly) reading Slaytanic_pb's normal reply, I must add this:
Slaytanic_pb said:
villager said:
And now that the Blood Drinker and Bludgeon Hammer are out, the chest should only contain those two, maybe even moving the AoB and Hoarfrost Shard up to the Lodagond-4's chest. The Litch could be moved up into the Lodagond-1's final chest and the reaver's chest could be used as a stock pile

WTF is that crap? Loda-1 is hard enough as it is to kill the orc boss. That boss is the 2nd hardest boss in the game and YOU want the reward for killing that boss to be a Lich Tongue? Are you f*cking kidding me? That's just plain wrong on so many levels.
I fully agree with Slaytanic_pb here; the fact that you're actually trying to get the lodagond-1 chest nerfed is pretty disgusting. Villager, I know you rarely play this game, but there's no need to break it for the people who do.
You're like Jack Thompson, but then in the world of MS: C; everything that is fun MUST BE DESTROYED.
If you were a developer, villager, this mod would have died long ago.

Also:
villager said:
I can't believe you're going to argue this.
&
villager said:
That how you usually end your conversations when you run out of decent/selflish points to shoot down my argument.
=
"PLZ stop arguing...... PLZ continue arguing."

And to sum this up:
Villager, ask yourself this question:
Where would I rather farm?
A) A map that has one (1) rare as the final reward,
or
B) A map (series) with decent XP (near impossible to find in this game) and eleven (11) rares as the final reward?

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Hey villager, I am currently thanking God that you are not a developer.

So, you waltz in here and ask for everything to be nerfed. Do you even play this game any more? I have never seen you playing, let alone on maps such as lodagond. I just think that you should shut up and let the developers (READ: THOTHIE and various others) handle the nerfing.

INFLUX OF RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARES

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

In all actuality, none of the devs play, so far as i can see.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

ZOMG DIFFERENING OPENONION ALURT! SOND TEH ALARM GAIZ! CUNTENYEW TEW SLAHM UTTERS 4 NAWT AHGRING!

Seriously. Are we all 5 now? Too many posts in here that are just back and forth poo flinging. Back away from the keyboard, think things over for a bit, and don't get your panties in a bunch if someone thinks differently. No need to attack a person for their belief.

Also

ALL OF U R WRONG!

And stop with the stupid Italics on every other word or so. I know BoU is high and mighty in the ranks of continuing to follow each other into oblivion over mocking a person or group of people. But damn, get over yourselves please and grow up a bit.

Thank you to the people who take time to think out a reply through logic, not emotion, and setting previous experiences with people aside.

Glorfindel

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score

I vote JM as the new overseer developer for MS. Now we can enjoy our golden axes and hoarfrosts in every chest, and boars giving 300 xp, as well as Maldora giving 1,000,000. No, that doesn't level fast enough. 100,000,000. Also, Golden armor gives 100% damage resistance now. No need to worry about exploration or hard quests now guys, you can practically idle in the server and gain xp.

Italic away, friends.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score

Thraxis, do you happen to have an internet alias named "Jester"? Or perhaps "RED"?
===================================================
Glorfindel said:
if nashalrath is there and is so high that even the highest levels of our community cannot beat it together, it would serve as a benchmark to where the next step is.
Glorfindel said:
Imo, lodagond, the hardest maps currently in the game, are piss easy with a group of just medium levels.
Glorfindel said:
And it's absolutely sickening to me that the best items in the game are handed out so easily, when I spent entire MONTHS getting a single weapon or spell last year.
Glorfindel said:
God damn darksword is such a "invincible" weapon that its just become the mainstay of any bossfight and im really tired of it.
I vote Glorfindel as the new overseer developer for MS: C. Now we can enjoy level 80+ content in the game that nobody will be able to access for the next three years. New level 80+ maps will accomodate said content and they will serve as a "benchmark" to where the next step is. And this entire community is mature and patient, so the wait is no big deal, right? No need to worry about people trying to reach level 80 now guys; Glorfindel will remove the dark sword permanently because he's tired of this horrendous destroyer of worlds. Not only that; item spawnchances will all be lowered dramatically to assure that the "If-I-can't-get-the-rare-nobody-else-can" effect is achieved. And finally: the Lodagond maps will be made much, much harder because they are piss easy right now.
===================================================
Alternately,
villager said:
Sometimes I wish the Hxbow wasn't even made :(
villager said:
Or atleast (And I know everyone (Or some) is going to hate me but) slow down the reload on the freaking HXBow. Noone can reload ANY crossbow that fast, besides Gordon Freeman.
villager said:
Darksword IMO is rediculous, makes axes look worthless at any AH level. I could totally live without the damn thing, makes me look like a fool when I want to experience the game rather than KEEL THE BOSS SUPAR FAST!
villager said:
Well you can make up for all the DC's you're illegitimately gaining.
villager said:
I think the chest in Lodagond-4 (And everyone is going to hate me for this but...) should only contain the lodagond series rares, not every rare in the game.
villager said:
Farming is the lamest exploit in the game
I vote Jack "villager" Thompson as the new overseer developer for MS: C. Now we can enjoy... absolutely nothing. The heavy crossbow and dark sword (DESTROYER OF WORLDS) will be removed, the lodagond-1 final reward will be... *drumroll*... a litch tongue, because the armor of bravery and hoarfrost shard, which nobody should be getting, will be transferred to lodagond-4. After all, items are not put in this game to be acquired by people, of course not! No need to worry about people farming for rares guys! Every player will have five attempts at getting any given rare from any given map and after that he will be automatically locked out. This will be coded in through STEAM_ID, so there's no chance in hell that people will do farming ever again, the lamest exploit in the game. Last but not least, every few days or so, villager himself will accuse a random person of hacking/cheating/exploiting in the boards, just because he can.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

All of this page = :roll:, imo.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score

J-M v2.5.5 said:
Every player will have five attempts at getting any given rare from any given map and after that he will be automatically locked out. This will be coded in through STEAM_ID, so there's no chance in hell that people will do farming ever again

*cough* I actually like that idea

anyway the whole thing between good exp and bad experience, hard to find items and not so hard to find items is all very stupid to talk about. Seriously while yes I can see why it would be hard and annoying to play the same map a dozen plus times for a rare on a map that offers sub par experience for you level. You should also see that the game is level capped without actually having the cap, and that every place you go shouldn't offer you the best experience ever. More so a map not actually offer most all the rares in the game, the other maps where made for a reason.

The way I keep seeing things when a character has reaches level 45 they have basically completed the game, they are strong enough to go to any map and lay waste to all they see. Quite a few people at this level are upset just because they can no longer get "good" experience. however thats to be expected, you have basically reached the level cap. Clearly they also feel that if you can complete the map by ones self they should be able to get rares, this is true. I should be able to go to a location and fight my way to the item in the chest. However it is also true when that happens you get what we have now with the lod series of maps. People playing it so much that they all have an influx of extra rares, where they end up just passing it off to the next person. This saturates the new players with items they can't actually get a hold of yet, some what defeating the purpose of playing the game. Due to this kind of economy none of the items have "value" in this game, and clearly with how stubborn some people can be in this community the game will never be properly balanced.

So stop arguing over the same points over and over again, yes we understand you want good exp, yes we understand you want rares to be easier to acquire. However one must also see that yes there is a level cap in place, and yes rares are rare for a reason, hence the reason we call them rares :roll:

I won't even touch the subject on overpowered weapons, because clearly my view on how weapons should be balanced everyone would hate.

brian4

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score

I agree with pretty much everything J.M and Slaytanic said. I think the "influx of lodagond rares" is caused by the lodagond series being played alot. It's played alot because it's the only level where 45+ players have any chance of leveling up. As for you people who want the lodagond-3 chest removed and the lodagond-4 arti chest not to give so much stuff, you are getting your wish - just as soon as Felewyn's shard and the other weapon are put in. There's no need to complain about it, just be patient and you'll get your wish. I also think the lightning rod chances need to go way up.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Jeeze, everytime I've finished Cleicert (STILL the #3 map on my server) we've found an lrod... Hell, the last time I finished it gave us two, and we all already had one (...and rollfest 2000 broke out none-the-less, as this was pre damage points).

Granted, I stress "finished", as the last three times I played Cleicert it crashed when we got to the end, but we've fixed that since then. Granted, I also realize some servers are still having trouble patching, which is why I've a new internal-texture free version of old_helena lined up for the next patch. I may have to do something similar for Cleicert.

...J has a new, recompiled version of Ara he wants to introduce, and Rickler has versions of Smugger's cove and Oceancrossing that both required recompiles... *sigh* I'm going to have to draw the line somewhere or we'll wind up with an 80mb patch again real fast.

So stop arguing over the same points over and over again, yes we understand you want good exp, yes we understand you want rares to be easier to acquire. However one must also see that yes there is a level cap in place, and yes rares are rare for a reason, hence the reason we call them rares
I'm very tempted to hard code a level 40 level cap until we get a dozen or so level 40+ maps.

Rares are LESS rare than ever, although I think some have finally noticed this... In some cases, I just can't tell if they are happy about it or not. Suffice to say I seriously, LOL at anyone complains about rares being too rare when it used to be all the top-end items (that we now call "n00b weapons") had spawn chances ranging from 1 in 50, to 1 in 200, with no way of raising that chance. Despite that, everyone had said top end weapons before I got to the code.

I won't even touch the subject on overpowered weapons, because clearly my view on how weapons should be balanced everyone would hate.
Oh please, do tell, those are the views I love the most. ;)

J-M v2.5.5 said:
I vote Jack "villager" Thompson as the new overseer developer for MS: C. Now we can enjoy..
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I vote Glorfindel as the new overseer developer for MS: C.
So... Glor, Villager... Want the job? ...seriously. :)

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score

It's true that good equipment spreads to even the newest people but there's not much you can do about it besides raising the level requirement and weight of items. There will always be high level people playing high level maps because that's the only place they get "good xp" then they give the spoils out to new people.

Anyway, I don't think the game is being played too poorly. Just make it harder to twink new players. As an aferthought you could set it so you can carry 2 more tickets per level starting at level 10. That way good players can't just give tickets for all the best items to new people since they can't carry the weight.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

I'd rather have it so they can't even have the weapon in their inventory until 1-2 levels below the proficiency requirement, as certain weapons are exploitable despite the fail accuracy.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score

Sabre said:
I'd rather have it so they can't even have the weapon in their inventory until 1-2 levels below the proficiency requirement, as certain weapons are exploitable despite the fail accuracy.

That sounds fine but it would be quite a bit of work setting that for every weapon in the game to be at the right level. You'd have to consider what levels people should be beating a map so they don't get skipped from an item even though they got the most dmg points and code it.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score

Thothie said:
Oh please, do tell, those are the views I love the most. ;)

so you want to know?

I will keep it short and simple.

I feel one weapon should not be stronger than the next, damage should be based on weapon level only. Magically enchanted weapons are not sharper than a normal weapon, they do however have additional effects that can cause additional damage or status effects.

If I take a nice sharp sword and swing it at your neck it will come off, if I take the same blade with fire attribute. I will take your head off and catch you on fire.

Yes there should be a slight damage increase or decrease based on the sharpness of the blade, but any blade can only get so sharped, and I won't except that its "magically" sharper because that doesn't make any sense, after a certain sharpness they all cut the same.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Well, magical weapons are suppose to guide their owner's blows too, I suppose.

Main problem I see with that philosophy in game development, in general, is you either have to have a buttload of different magical effects (of which we have maybe 5) or weapons that affect attributes across the board (our ability to adjust attributes dynamically just about ziltch).

I've seen a game or two that nearly work it that way, or at least that the magical stacks items have far outweigh any new physical damage they do (at least until you get to weapons of exponentially different levels), but such games don't have the aforementioned limitations we're kinda stuck with, short of starting from scratch.

We do have a lot of weapons that do about the same damage, but that's, more or less, how we define our teirs, currently.

It might be something to consider for future races or titles. For races, at least, I’m hoping to make leveling an entirely different system, so just about anything goes. Only the gods know when we'll get to that though, so much scripting to do...