Status
Not open for further replies.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
:?: = unconfirmed or not reproduced, :oldangry: = No clue, :arrow: = Working on it, :idea: = fixed next release

Known issues

:arrow: Starting an HLDS or listenserver with the -num_edicts flag may lead to crashes on some maps.
- 1500 is now the default for clients. Servers should set their -num_edicts flags to 1500 as well, via the command line.

Minor
:idea: Hitting +use on a chest or NPC/interact menu retains the slow down effect after exiting said menu/interact.
- At the moment, you can just tap the +use key again to fix it
:idea: Double click functionality for worn (gear) items
:idea: ms_reset_when_empty not working on Steam Pipe HLDS servers
- Code side method doesn't work on Steam Pipe HLDS, but rigged up a new script side method that does
:idea: Disconnect/reconnect sequence not running on Steam Pipe HLDS servers
:idea: Dusk TOD event causing crashes for some users
- Sadly, the fix for this entails removing some of the day->dusk transition effects that the new renderer don't like
:arrow: Glow failing to re-cast after cancel when multiple players present
:idea: orc_for -> bloodrose transition broken

Aesthetic
:arrow: Some p_models vanishing into floor
:oldangry: Periodic texture scramble issues

Ancient/Perpetual
Known Ancient bugs:
- All entities invisible bug (type kill in console to cure).
- Lights/sprites not going away / sticking to other objects (Sticky client-side effects)
- Occasionally a weapon/spell will stop doing damage until it is unequipped then re-equipped.
- Can't use charge attack in laggy conditions. (Work around: use +special or +uber or ms_autocharge 1)
- Sitting animation bugs (sometimes saves to character for awhile)
- All water sometimes goes white (texture stretch bug, restart)
- Lack of level up sfx for Polearms (for some players)
- Typing issues in chat. Especially with European keyboards.
- Various Health/mana indicator madness (see also yonder)
- Small sack holds stuff it should not.
- Double attack bug, most prominant with xbows
- All tomahawks appear as fire tomahawks in third person
- Heavy/Light Crossbow jamming when firing
- You cannot use NPC/GM/menus/chests when inventory is full (not a bug, insomuch a necessary limitation, at the moment.)

Also Not liable to go away soon:
- Jumping from server to server without closing |MSC screws with FN functionality
(solution: ALWAYS close MSC before joining or creating a new server!)
- Some monsters still capable of some acts while frozen (jumping, etc.)
- Orion Bow jamming sometimes, (I've no idea how to fix this without dropping the whole charged weapon concept.)
- Spawning a largely full Galat chest on a busy server may lead to server crash when withdrawing items
- Some players report additive render weapons not rendering so in first person, or otherwise rendering incorrectly (Felewyn Shard, Hoarfrost Blade, GIB, etc.)
- Some mixed-rendered monsters may not render their additive bits on some systems
- Disconnecting while dead results in invisible body and armor on reconnect.
- Using changelevel instead of votemap or admin_map may cause various texture issues.
- ms_soccer cameras are hard to get out of if you move the mouse while using them

Resolved from FEB2013a:
- Monsters spawning in func_illusionaries will periodically blink in and out of existence, until slain
- (maybe) shender_east: Buggy portals sometimes make fire giant inaccessible.
- some creatures blinking in and out of existence due to new anti-stuck sys
- (maybe) Glow failing sometimes
- Blood Blades tied incorrectly to Smallarms skill
- Thunder Breaker secondary doing Fire damage
- Problems with the vine wall and the Abominations in Hunderswamp
- (maybe) Ether dagger damage dips
- Pharaoh of Storms not boss flagged on Umulak

Resolved from JUL2013a:
- Votemap sys locks up after being voted down (doesn't reset)
- Healing sometimes locks up when stacked (effect not removing proper)

Older_Than_Dirt

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Re: Bug Reports JUL2013a

There seems to be some sort of issue regarding the rejuvenation spell. I noticed it on shender_east, and I'm trying to find the details. While it will always heal you over time when it is cast, I, quite often, cannot heal myself, or others. Same goes with the healing circle.

I think it has something to do with casting rejuvenation while you have full HP. There probably is more to it than that though.

Sembelbin also sounds like a broken record if you ask to change your name, then chose no.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score

Getting cl_dlls/client.dll differs from server error, but I've already patched.

Date on my client.dll is July 27 2013.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Keldorn said:

That's ms:c trying to tell you something. Haha :wink:

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Older_Than_Dirt said:
There seems to be some sort of issue regarding the rejuvenation spell. I noticed it on shender_east, and I'm trying to find the details. While it will always heal you over time when it is cast, I, quite often, cannot heal myself, or others. Same goes with the healing circle.

I think it has something to do with casting rejuvenation while you have full HP. There probably is more to it than that though.

Sembelbin also sounds like a broken record if you ask to change your name, then chose no.
Shall examine...

Keldorn said:

Hrmm... Are you using a rolled back / not updated version of Half-Life?

Slash

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score

Keldorn said:

I got the same issue :(

and yes I'm using the "old" version to avoid the mouse issues.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Mouse issues are fixed with this patch it seems. I installed it on top of the other files and it works.

Also votemap is broken, just did a votemap with a 1 vote on each side, server went derp and is constantly telling me a vote is currently in progress making me unnable to start a new vote again.

Tested this on an empty server and it happened again with 1 "No" vote.

Edit: I can't change my gear... Seems like double clicking the equipment slots is broken.

Edit2: No more xp bonuses? SAY WHAT? Just did a shender run and the xp values seemed to be on default the entire run with 4 players... :evil:

EDIT3: God damn healing is broken completly, only rejuv regen is working, any healing spells are broken when cast, cant heal npcs, cant heal players, cant heal myself, other players cant heal me or npcs or themselves either.

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

zeus9860 said:
Also votemap is broken, just did a votemap with a 1 vote on each side, server went derp and is constantly telling me a vote is currently in progress making me unnable to start a new vote again.

Tested this on an empty server and it happened again with 1 "No" vote.
Bleh, I'll have to play with that when I get back. First thing I did on RKS #06 was votemap Shender_east, and it went through fine though.

Bothers me that it didn't do the drop and reconnect bit though. I suspect something be up with the system's ability to send console commands to the Steam Pipe servers. It looks as though the servers are not resetting to Edana when empty, likely for the same reason.

zeus9860 said:
Edit: I can't change my gear... Seems like double clicking the equipment slots is broken.
Click on gear, click Remove in lower right.

zeus9860 said:
Edit2: No more xp bonuses? SAY WHAT? Just did a shender run and the xp values seemed to be on default the entire run with 4 players... :evil:
This should not be the case. :\ The default XP value for the Marogar Ice Warriors near the start is 360xp, so you can test with that.

Slash said:
Keldorn said:

I got the same issue :(

and yes I'm using the "old" version to avoid the mouse issues.

*sigh* Shoulda said something yonder. I'm afraid that, if you are using a rolled back Half-Life client, you'll get that error on the RKS servers using the Steam Pipe HLDS. *Maybe* I can see about having half the servers setup to the non-Steam Pipe version, but part of what is making development so difficult, right now, is a lack of consistency in both client and server versions - was hoping we were going to be safe to all get on the same page (specifically the one that Valve wants to mandate).

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Yeah... i feel stupid for looking at the "remove" option and not using it, eh. Was too used to double clicking my inventory off that i simply skipped that option.

I would check the values with the bonuses, but FN just died and i'm pretty sure they aren't working, the ones that count additional players in the server, the 200% bonus might be working, not the additional ones.

Also i made a new edit on my other post you probably missed, healing is broken like hell for some reason. Just tried doing the elf part in shender and it was impossible, couldnt heal anyone in the field nor could i be healed by anyone, only rejuv regeneration worked. Seems to be similiar to the glow spell being broken, worked at certain occasions.

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

For some reason, I keep getting crashes when I try to select my character. It only happens in about the second time I attempt to select my character, and it's getting really annoying.

Edit: I also noticed that the North Maul's 4th charge attack doesn't go in a straight line from where you're looking at, but rather to the side.

Edit2: When I tried to join a server on nightmare_edana, I got this error: http://screencast.com/t/wVwPIPPyaG
I was able to join afterwards, though.

Edit3: Nashalrath seems to be REALLY unstable. It keeps crashing at random points throughout the map.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Well, I went onto RKS #11, which was on nightmare_edana. Votemap'ed to Edana with no issues. Summoned a skeleton, beat the crap out of it, and healed it up, with no issues...

Granted, I was alone. I'll have to stalk a player down, or something, and see if multiple players causes different results (which will have to wait as I has to bail again...). The XP multiplier is working, but yeah, obviously only tested the base FN +200%. If some basic function, like finding the number of players, is causing issues on the Steam Pipe version, then yeah, we're in trouble.

Uberzolik said:
Edit2: When I tried to join a server on nightmare_edana, I got this error: http://screencast.com/t/wVwPIPPyaG
I was able to join afterwards, though.
Das web page is unavailable. With most of our error pop-ups, you can hit Ctrl+C on them, and copy them as text.

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Thothie said:
Das web page is unavailable. With most of our error pop-ups, you can hit Ctrl+C on them, and copy them as text.

It says: Memory Error
Unhandled Exception While Deallocating Memory

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Oh yeah, all kinds of things love to cause that one... Hopefully it's a periodic thing, although one of the reasons for the disconnect-wait-reconnect sequence you normally get on map changes is to avoid that one, and it doesn't seem to be working under the new Half-Life, so...

Slash

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score

anyone know what to do for those of us with old HL?

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Also, I noticed that the FN servers aren't reverting back to edana after a while. Maybe you should look into that.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Slash said:
anyone know what to do for those of us with old HL?
Well, there's one of two things you can do...

1) Find one of the non-RKS servers (which all seem to be down at the moment, so not really an option.)

or

2) Update your Half-Life and pray it works.

If you take route #2, I suggest renaming your Steam\steamapps\<username>\Half-Life folder before updating Half-Life and reinstalling MSC from scratch... Lest you get a conflict when the system tries looking for old files there.

This Steam Pipe HLDS seems to be having so many odd problems, we may just have to give up on it - but that causes all sorts of other problems, and I'm not sure how long Valve is going to *let* us run the old version of the HLDS at all.

Uberzolik said:
Also, I noticed that the FN servers aren't reverting back to edana after a while. Maybe you should look into that.
Yes, commented on that a few times. I'll add this stuff to the list. I may need to move one of the RKS servers to the developer versions of the DLLs to diagnose some of this stranger behavior.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

The good news, is that, thanks to some online help, I think I might know what's locking the vote system and the healing system. It probably isn't Steam Pipe related, and we can probably fix it.

Dunno about this other stuff though.

Probably looking at a JUL2013b (although this close to the end of the month, maybe an AUG2013a.)

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

The FN bonuses seem to be working now, i'm not sure if entirelly... yesterday the last shender runs i did were pretty much rewarding bonus xp for extra players in the server, i think this got fixed when FN got the hikkup... before that the bonuses weren't working for some reason, example being the ice demonwing mini boss giving me 18k xp tops with 3 players, i'm pretty sure he should be giving like 3x that amount with 3 players right? since he is tagged as boss... Then later after the hikkup i got 80k+ with 4 players and even 120k with like 5 i think. Samething happened with burning one, spiders and fire giant.

Oh and Nashalrath runs were also giving default xp, like around 5k xp per dragon knight guy with 4 players in the server and 1600xp archers. This is when FN got the hikkup on my second attempt with the map after a crash and well... magic happened.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

It *might* be that, if the FN hick-uped, the way it checks it might have stopped the player multiplier from working temporarily, but I wouldn't think so... But it's working now, so...

The maps you describe have a lot of other multipliers and/or are monsters with variable XP - the easiest way to test would likely be the Edana rats. (3xp base, 6xp on FN, +50%/player beyond the first)

*Hopefully* have a B patch to fix a few issues (votemap/healing, and a few other, more minor things). Currently, the votemap system will only lock up if it fails to pass a vote. Granted, that wont fix itself until the server resets or the map otherwise changes (a manual transition should reset it). The healing, yes, will currently stop working after you heal any target to full - seems the healing effect doesn't remove itself proper then, and the new applyeffect optimization brings that to light, as it prevents accidental stacks (which eat resources). Should be able to fix both of those, *maybe* even before the end of the month.

Still clueless on the server reset and disconnect/reset sequence though - more likely related to the new Steam Pipe HLDS and/or new client, but at least it isn't doing what I feared it might be doing, and failing to track the # of players proper.

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Just noticed a really minor typo, on Deralia. By the end of the messages Guilda of Galat's Storage says when asked about the galat tickets, she says: "Galat has outlets in Deralia, Gatecity, and Kray Eldorad. A new one just opened a new one in Helena." Really minor, but still.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Maybe she means a new one, opened a new one, like one of those Russian Xzibit dolls? DID YOU THINK OF THAT!?

Heh... Always funny when someone catches a typo that's been around for six plus years... Fixed next patch. ;)

Older_Than_Dirt

New Adventurer
Reaction score

Interesting discovery about the healing bug; I don't know if it helps though.

On daragoth, those who cannot heal themselves can heal others affected by the bug. Those who are not affected by the bug cannot heal those affected by the bug. Maybe it is splitting players into two separate groups?

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Older_Than_Dirt said:
Interesting discovery about the healing bug; I don't know if it helps though.

On daragoth, those who cannot heal themselves can heal others affected by the bug. Those who are not affected by the bug cannot heal those affected by the bug. Maybe it is splitting players into two separate groups?

Except there was this one time in shender_east, elf part. Where nobody could heal the npc or me, and i could heal other players sometimes. Don't think that's the case, most likely healing is broken in a similiar fashion to the glow spell a few patches ago.

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Uhhh... The servers seem to be crashing, and then not coming back up. What's going on?

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

EDIT: Ignore this, accidentally double-posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.