zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Echo717 said:
You sure you weren't holding it backwards?

For once, i agree with Avacado!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, we all thought surely he was doing this.

I mean, we see so many folks doing that all the time, and all - it's just such an easy mistake to make!

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Healing with rejuv/HC no longer seems to give points in listpoints.

Ice shield still does though.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sure you're pointing the spell the right way? :p

Fixed...

Bit worried as to how that's going to work under the new healing sys though. Won't affect circle, but rejuv... Tis a lotta dmg points. Don't want people getting angry cuz nubs are healing them, or what not.

MrJohnson

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
That orc poisoner on orc_for:

Is he really ment to regenerate health so quickly? Because me and the guys where roflstomped by him few days ago.

On other news: shadow goblin working as intended *applause*

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Any non-elite monster will regain health whenever it kills a player.

This is somewhat amplified on monsters with stupidly high armor, resists, or parry, as in the case of the poisoner.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
They always have... :\

Non-elite mobs gain twice the maxHP of the char they kill.

Elite mobs gain none, but gain 5%-10% resistance to the individual player. They also regenerate over time.

This was to cut down on folks yelling at nubs for feeding bosses, while still preventing the "throw yourself at the mad god until it dies" approach... Used to be all mobs got 100% of their HP with a kill, then 50%... Now this kinder, if counter-intuitive, insanity.

MrJohnson

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Well it definitly caused teamplay ("I WANT THAT MOTHERFUNKLER PERMAFREEZED"), at least in our situation.
I can imagine someone crying over the fact that 200/300 HP chars stand in the acid all the time.

Other thing that happened to me: on orc_for the goblin envoker (that guy that casts the fire elementals) has a new habbit on casting them elementals right inside me, so i got stuck 3 times that way and could not move until the elemental is killed. No harm done with phoenix armor + fire helment, but that never happened before the patch (at least for me).

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
MrJohnson said:
Other thing that happened to me: on orc_for the goblin envoker (that guy that casts the fire elementals) has a new habbit on casting them elementals right inside me, so i got stuck 3 times that way and could not move until the elemental is killed. No harm done with phoenix armor + fire helment, but that never happened before the patch (at least for me).

:Old:

That has been around since gertenheld_caves, which is an annoying map to get spawn-stucked to begin with.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, they do that... Tricky to fix... 'specially in those narrow caves - they got room in Orc_For so it doesn't happen as often there.

Debating on whether to wait until the first to put out a minor patch - preferably optional. Got most of the stuff in here fixed, and can make it optional, if we don't add any items. Such a tiny patch though... Did make a special map and NPC to aid folks who want to play with the script system though, so that'll be something.

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Oooh what does the npc do? I'd say screw waiting, if you have the time might as well do it sooner rather than later!

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I don't know if this is a bug or how it's supposed to be but I have not located any climbing arrows yet and have not heard of anyone getting them.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oh dear...

They are in the random arrows lists, in all four tiers, so they should be popping up wherever random arrows appear.

MrJohnson

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
If you wanna buy a spell book or weapon sheets for another guy he can't pick them up due to "reservered for OriginalBuyersNameGoesHere".
I encountered that when I wanted to buy some basic gear for a buddy who just started playing. You can buy him armors, weapons, spells and sacks + backpack though.

I believe this didn't happen in earlier version because when i was new someone bought me a spellbook and I also witnesses it beeing done by other players for other "newbs"

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, you can't trade containers any more cuz, sploitz.

MrJohnson

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Does this apply to bag of holding also? I don't want to ef up when we finally beat old helena with the npc alive.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Jes.

Status
Not open for further replies.