Bosses in Bandit Keep are buggy

Anomie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
If a boss in Bandit Keep drinks a speed pot they have a tendency to get themselves stuck, despawn for a moment or two, then re-appearing fully healed. What if anything can be done to prevent this?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Not seen that, and can't think why it would happen, but I can try to look into it.

They have a potion that heals them fully. There's also a system that teleports monsters out when they get stuck inside one another, to counter buggy map design, but it should only be in effect when they first spawn, and have been stuck in one another for quite some time.

Anomie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It could be that after bugging out like that the message for the potion stopped functioning properly. I'm just taking a shot in the dark here. But the only potions that sent out a message potion of cold resist and potion of speed. 3/3 times we got potion of speed and potion of cold resist and then no further messages, as the boss sprinted around the room and then getting stuck repeatedly.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Anomie said:
It could be that after bugging out like that the message for the potion stopped functioning properly. I'm just taking a shot in the dark here. But the only potions that sent out a message potion of cold resist and potion of speed. 3/3 times we got potion of speed and potion of cold resist and then no further messages, as the boss sprinted around the room and then getting stuck repeatedly.
I've seen "[name] drank a potion of lightning immunity/fire immunity/demon blood/health/protection." countless times.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Every Boss Bandit has 3 Elemental Resist potions, 3 Healing potions, and one Speed or Protection poition.

If the boss is interupted mid drink (ie. enough damage done to him to make him flinch), he fails to drink the potion, and it is removed from his inventory.

Anomie

New Adventurer
Reaction score
That clarifies things, thanks for the help.