New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Gurluas said:
Lanethan said:
I'd like to correct Gurluas:
I did not approve your trilogy.
The only thing I said was that my original lore does not include bludgeons, thus they are free for anyone to develop as they see fit.
Thus, you have no say in whether or not there are ice bludgeons. If the modellers make them, they're there, and if you want to try to make it fit your lore then more power to you.
This is how almost all of the original MS lore was treated during the production of our most familiar/old content. I provided guidelines or maybe advice, I didn't say: "Make this, this, and this because that's how it is." And I will still not say that. Let the content developers make what they want.

Oh, and thumbs up Gaz, that's one mighty fine looking model.

you said you liked it, for me that means it is good.

Like != Approve.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
fuck it, im gonna draw concepts for the many bludgeons that gurluas has crapped out.
lol

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
What I'm saying is that you don't have the authority to tell someone NOT to make something because it doesn't fit your idea of what a bludgeon is. And yeah I did like your stuff well enough. However, if what you're looking for from me is some kind of "What Gurluas Says Goes" ticket, that's not what I'm about. Like I said before, when I was doing concept for the original MS stuff I never tried to say what should and shouldn't be made, I just made up concept that could or could not be used at the discretion of the content team.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Because this is not finished, as soon as this is finished we will switch

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Username said:
Why dont they use this model instead of the lame old bludgeon model?
i get sick every time i see the old one xD

Yeah, cuz, you know, ya see them all the time, everywhere! ;)

The model sizes makes the two scripts incompatible (not to mention the current Bludgeon behavior is purely for comic effect). So it won't be a replacement, but a new script.

In case I forgot my [/sarcasm] tag above, the only place that has a bludgeon is the easter egg on Bloodrose. That one will remain intact as a museum piece, as the newer bludegeons will be under new script names.

BTW - we could use a new soundset for this beast. Gaz does not seem satisfied with the cow noises Bludgeon v1.5 is using. It's obviously graduated from cow to bull - dunno if anyone has a bull sound set.

I've one set from Hunger I have permission to use, but its not much better.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i still like the cow sounds, however we need a new idle sound, i dont like the current one but i could not find a proper MOOOO that did not sound painful

also the bludgeon1 and 2 should be optimised for the new model
and the old 1.3 model (without my new skin) should be reused since it will be a museum piece

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Gurluas said:
and the old 1.3 model (without my new skin) should be reused since it will be a museum piece
No, **** no. That model is so ****ing ugly. How could you possibly use that in a map?
It shall be immortalized in the museum of ugly (ie. the Bloodrose easter egg.)

I try to keep to a policy of not removing scripts, so bludgeon, bludgeon1, and bludgeon2 will all be there, using the old fugly model.

The first Gaz bludgeon is currently monsters/bludgeon_gaz1 - but there's no public release of it, so it may change. Likely have gaz2, gaz1_hammer etc, for the various skins and weapons or whatnot.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
dude that model/skin is subpar even for quake1.
come the fuck on.

when i first saw it, i cried it was so ugly.
seriously, like 5 years ago i swore i was going to replace that POS.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Vomica7 said:
dude that model/skin is subpar even for quake1.
come the **** on.

when i first saw it, i cried it was so ugly.
seriously, like 5 years ago i swore i was going to replace that POS.

that model was the first ever mastersword model created in 1998
that it why it will be immortalized

bah i dont like having to fiddle with the map all over again
however bludgeon_gaz1 is probably not demonic so should be named Wretched Bludgeon and placed in bloodrose (foamy said he added inactive spawnareas)

what we need for nash is an unarmed bludgeon demon on par with bludgeon2
and a random weapon wielding bludgeon demon warrior on par with bludgeon1

this is not including the boss.

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Bludgeon Hammer

334 polys (tris)
1 x 256x256 texture

Build time 1hr 7 mins

hammer_rend.jpg

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Dyam ye are fast! :| Yay! Now the bludgeons can have... bludegeons...

bah i dont like having to fiddle with the map all over again
Replacing the scripts is easy with the entity report - however, what is going to be a pain, is that these Bludgeons are about 4 times the size of the originals. You'll likely have to rework your placement and rooms to make em work.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yeah, kudos. :D

we really need a crunch sound when he hammers you straight down.

instant death no question, just give the player like a second to move out of the way haha

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Hey Gaz, could you post all of the pictures from the bludgeon and the weapons in a post on the first page, please? I don't feel like looking for all of them :mrgreen:

I do vaguely remember that you modelled some sort of axe thingy for the bludgeon, too, but I'm too lazy to search it.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Awesome,
yeah there probably has to be done some tweaking, else we can use scale to make bludgeon demon younglings in the tunnel part since changing it would be difficult.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
the map will have several parts,
part1: the tunnels: it is not part of the city, instead they are tunnels dug by the demons after the city sank beneath the earth.(based on unrest2_beta)
part2: the palace: the old bludgeon palace is now ruled by Hasgalgath the mad bludgeon demon king, he ordered to seal off the city for unknown reason
part3: city: the city of Nashalrath itself, once Learana capital of the Dawnhope, now the capital of the Darkhoof demons, it has been infested by some unknown power.
part4: secret
part5: secret(boss)

part 4 and part 1 are almost completed.
also part 3 and part 5 has preliminary concept works started.

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Hey Gaz, could you post all of the pictures from the bludgeon and the weapons in a post on the first page, please? I don't feel like looking for all of them :mrgreen:

I do vaguely remember that you modelled some sort of axe thingy for the bludgeon, too, but I'm too lazy to search it.

I would JM but I never posted on the first page of this thread, and have no mod rights to this section of the forum :(

But here are all of them in one place for you anyway:

Main_Final.jpg

Mesh_Temp.jpg

Blud_d2.jpg

Blud03.jpg

fantasy_entry_141.jpg

hammer_rend.jpg