Bludgeon V2 (hopefully i finish.)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Gaz, looks awesome. Can NOT wait to play it.

Evil, no it doesnt matter but... It's Gurluas.

Please, no more WoW content, PLEASE!

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
It was a wow inspiration, demons looks more like demons with evil eyes

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
maybe i suggest some scars in the demonic bludgeon's body?

EDIT: OH, try twisting the horns, that will make it look evil for sure

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Im not going to edit the mesh, the horns curve anyway :)

He does have a scar, on his right eye, looks closely

Anyway, Final Demonic

Blud_d2.jpg

One more anim, and it gets its first shipment to Thothie

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Perfect :O
(however a minor change would be to add another logo on the belt... however i do not know any malgoriand logo)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Gj Gaz and Vomica (because I forget if he did some or all mesh)

Gaz why are you such a good skinner? If you enjoy doing it, could you reskin my armor? Because I just did the scatter RGB and put it over black hahahaha.

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
P|Barnum said:
Gaz why are you such a good skinner?

3d and 2d art is my job, I make games for a living :)

Working on a PS3, and Xbox 360, and a PSP title atm.

Im also really busy, which is why slow progress on the Bludgeon, post the model somewhere else (another thread) with the UVs and I'll judge from there ;)

Vlad

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah, I think he meant red pulsating eyes. That's a good demon-y effect if you ask me.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I've always wanted to try skinning.

I have a very limited experience with Paint Shop Pro 9, basically what i've bothered to mess with on my own, which isnt much.

In any case, after a little hunting around, I found something called a hue map. Lovely thing.

I wanted to make in Ice bludgeon, but I dont think you've posted the skin for the guy, only the weapon.

Wish I could see what it looked like on the model :p

EDIT: I did something to the wood prior to me messing with the hue map, so its all kinds of weird looking now. Not to mention the blood is blue now hehe, though i think it looks cool o_O

lolaxezr0.jpg

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I'm not feeling it.

Don't be affended, but thats not a re-skin, as you said its just a hue change.

A reskin would be adding snow/ice to areas. And besides, an Ice Bludgeons doing to be mainly the actual body, rather than his weapons.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Sorry for posting off topic again... But this is better than making a useless topic.

Gaz have you read my PM? I have seen you on but I have yet to recieve anything.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ice Bludgeons?
now if that existed they would either be questgivers, or wild animals, no ice demons exist, and its unlikely the wild ones evolved to icey version in around 30 years, it does not really fit, maybe a lost tribe survived the wrath of malgoriand like the Dawn Hope and hided in the cold vastes?

i however still prefer the current 3 build-ups

Demon Bludgeon: Former Dark Hoof clan, gave itself willingly to Malgoriand and became maddened blood thirsty Demons.
Bludgeons: Survivors of Chieftain Melanie's Party that did not escape to Dreadwind, very few of theese exist and they are on the brink og extinction, they have a hidden village somewhere in the mountains.
Wretched Bludgeon: Maddened feral bludgeons, cursed demon magics made theese bludgeons loose their mind, they are nothing more than animals, have been sighted in Bloodrose and the surrounding areas, like the bludgeons theese are extremely rare, the estimate of theese is around 5-20.

For more information please read "The Bludgeon Triology" under arts.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
now are these... chronicles?... lore?... whatever supported by lanethan?
he gives the final go on storyline for ms:c.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Gurluas said:
Wretched Bludgeon: Maddened feral bludgeons, cursed demon magics made theese bludgeons loose their mind, they are nothing more than animals, have been sighted in Bloodrose and the surrounding areas, like the bludgeons theese are extremely rare, the estimate of theese is around 5-20.

lies!

there are infinate not 5-20 they spawn infinatly on bloodrose :p

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
chance should be extremely low(10%) also the one that spawn on bloodrose is a demon and an easteregg

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Gaz said:
I'm not feeling it.

Don't be affended, but thats not a re-skin, as you said its just a hue change.

A reskin would be adding snow/ice to areas. And besides, an Ice Bludgeons doing to be mainly the actual body, rather than his weapons.

Gotcha. I guess ill run through some tutorials or something and see if I can't make an actual reskin.

Did you post the skin for the bludgeon anywhere?

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
No, to stop Gurluas raping it ;) at least until the final release

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I'd like to correct Gurluas:
I did not approve your trilogy.
The only thing I said was that my original lore does not include bludgeons, thus they are free for anyone to develop as they see fit.
Thus, you have no say in whether or not there are ice bludgeons. If the modellers make them, they're there, and if you want to try to make it fit your lore then more power to you.
This is how almost all of the original MS lore was treated during the production of our most familiar/old content. I provided guidelines or maybe advice, I didn't say: "Make this, this, and this because that's how it is." And I will still not say that. Let the content developers make what they want.

Oh, and thumbs up Gaz, that's one mighty fine looking model.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Does MS have some official biology book? (list of official animals and monsters in the MSC universe)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just the wiki, which has a habit of being contaminated.

Little G can reskin (and sometimes doesn't do too bad a job), so if he wants various bludgeons, let him handle it. If he wants non-hostile bludgeons, oversized bludgeons, or other, fairly easy variants, for a map I think may actually come to fruition (such as the one Frodo is working on), I'll work up scripts, but don't feel the need to put in 10,000 interactive animations for them.

In anycase, you should have an alpha package in your inbox with a working beta bludgeon and various notations, and custom commands to help you develop it further. Looking good!

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Lanethan said:
I'd like to correct Gurluas:
I did not approve your trilogy.
The only thing I said was that my original lore does not include bludgeons, thus they are free for anyone to develop as they see fit.
Thus, you have no say in whether or not there are ice bludgeons. If the modellers make them, they're there, and if you want to try to make it fit your lore then more power to you.
This is how almost all of the original MS lore was treated during the production of our most familiar/old content. I provided guidelines or maybe advice, I didn't say: "Make this, this, and this because that's how it is." And I will still not say that. Let the content developers make what they want.

Oh, and thumbs up Gaz, that's one mighty fine looking model.

you said you liked it, for me that means it is good.