Blood Drinker hahahaha

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider any post in this thread a wall of text. >.>

Can't imagine what a book must be like if Vill's post is considered a wall.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A wall of text is a wall. Made of text. Walls are boring. You wouldn't want to read a wall unless it had something interesting in it.

Books aren't walls of text. They serve a purpose; they entertain. Unlike villager's posts, which exist purely to find the non-existant errors in J-M's ways.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Not to turn this into a flame thread. But that sounds like a bunch of brainwashing there.

Villager voiced an opinion on the game and why to him it would seem to work. Then goes on to inform why he had a reaction, and why he assumes another person had a reaction.

A thought that could be added to the game serves a purpose.
Clarification serves a purpose.

Also, a wall of text (to me) would be a mass of text that could be split up into multiple paragraphs as the whole post could deal with multiple things. So basically, a wall of text = a run on paragraph in a sense, while having a long post broken up into several paragraphs, would not be a wall of text.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Eh, okay. I see your point. I was assuming Villager was having another hack at J-M, as that's usually the case when he quotes J-M's posts. :roll:

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
tl;dr

You're good at sentences. :roll:

But on a less ignorant note; My "wall of text" was to clearify JM on the "people who find it's a 'horrible deed of "twinking" a new player'" subject and doesn't include me on this (Seeing how he mentioned my name in his post).

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
How many threads lately have been like this?
Omg I got to the artifact chest and it opened up and offered me an orion and i said no i had one and then the next noob got Aob...thats unfair, i wanted another set of AOB for my clan, friend, whatever.

or

Oh wow he wouldnt roll for it and even though hes been soloing the majority, thats not fair , he should roll...

How many times have you heard something like this?

Thank You....

Yes, i thought it through....Some players want to earn one, some players dont want noobs to get it, some people are so greedy that they get upset when someone decides that its better to be nice than mean....
Is this game so important that a pixel makes people want to stab other people in the back?
When did people become so spiteful....

I have read the reactions to this and Some have proven me right in what i and my friend did....
Nate, you keep it.....Your the one who deserves it.....Even though it was given to you , you still felt bad about someone else not getting it, and you never once acted like an idiot.....

Also for the record, if i or anyone else feels like it, giving something away is our right.....If more people gave things away , yes thered be alot more "noobs" with toys, but then again thered be alot of old players with toys too...So next time you come across a thank you post...stop and think......I wonder why there arent' more nice people like that around?

Allentrill

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I think Nate should keep the blood drinker, solely to piss off people who dislike "twinking".

Same applies to every other random noob who has a weapon he can't use by far.

Awesome thread :mrgreen:

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Take note, i'm trying desperatly not to start any sort of flaming here.

J-M, are you so against people who don't share your opinions that you wish for them to be pissed off constantly? Can you not just accept that there isn't just your vision and that you can't always possibly be right? I'm not sure I understand WHY you think "Oh, he doesn't share my opinion, let me poke at them to get a reaction out of them" but it just seems that sometimes you HAVE to throw yourself into the lime light and you WANT to start fights within the community.

To me you are becoming no better than Pimpsta or Razor (except that sometimes you make a hell of a lot more sense). I know you don't give a rats ass about that, but I can't help but throw that out there. Can you not just sometimes accept that other people have a different view and let it be?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but is there any reason (other than you just want people who dislike twinking to get pissed off) why you think people should run around with weapons they cannot possibly use or earn themselves?

Half of the reason the higher levels in this game still play is to hunt after items and feel the satisfaction of getting it with a group of friends/players/relatives/whatever and enjoying the time they had doing that.I'm not coming out and saying i'm against lower levels having items they can't use, and I'm not for it either, I hold no opinion on the matter as it doesn't really affect me at all. Just if you have a reason, I don't think I've seen it on the forums at all.

(Prepares for the flame that he has inevitably started in his search for reason)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thraxis said:
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but is there any reason (other than you just want people who dislike twinking to get pissed off) why you think people should run around with weapons they cannot possibly use or earn themselves?
Yeah - if somebody gets a rare as a gift, then what's the big deal? I don't get it. Let those people keep the weapons. I am amazed that other people somehow get annoyed if they see newbies running around with blood drinkers/hoarfrost shards.
The weapons were put in-game for a reason, am I right?

Edit: Reason being: weapons were put in-game so people could attain them.
Oh snap, crackle and pop.

This isn't WoW (thank god for that) and that's why rares don't show up once in a million years. This is MS: C and MS: C will be fun as long as it doesn't steer towards WoW.
MS: C is also fun when there are people whining about newbies having high level items, by the way.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Exactly my point....If someone came up to you guys on the street and said heres a Million Dollars...tax free debt free guilt free, all you have to do is accept the gift...You mean you people would say NOOOOOOOOOOO I want to EARN it? No it means that some little boy (in real world is noob) gets rich and the first thing you do is....OMFG he doesnt deserver it...?
Come on people...Be happy for the Little boy(the noob)...yes i would feel bad about not getting it and someone else did, but then something inside says...wow thats so cool...i wish more people were that generous....

and for the record....someone handed me free money and i could have it free of every liability i would say ty, take the money, and run like the wind....

Allentrill

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I think people are just feeling sour that they had to work for their rares. They just don't like the sight of this... "generosity" business. I think it's perfectly legal, perfectly fair and really quite thoughtful.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
All this generosity crap is just to boost their e-go

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Omg i have an Eggo? Cool leggo my eggo.......I want ...oh wait ego? Sorry got hungry for a second....you shouldnt lift my spirits...Now i have to go cook another eggo and hope none else gets it...

Oh and if ego means feeling good that you were nice to someone new and made them feel welcomed....
Well then....WOW i must have one ell of an EGO....

:oldlol:

Allentrill

NateTehGreatt

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Wow I got to sleep for 10 hours and I come back to a flame war? OH LORD WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

If it makes the people who hate twinks feel better: I gave the sword to a good RL friend of mine who can use it. Then we'll probably share it once I get to a high enough level.

And FER, he's not trying to boost his ego. I left out names for that exact reason. And since when are random acts of kindness used to boost an ego? I said thanks, and he replied 'you're welcome'. I see no ego boosting there.

I NOW FORBID FLAMING AND/OR ARGUING IN MY THREAD. BAI =D

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The problem is not you, but those who did it I guess. Just keep it, dont throw it away or give it to someone else, just keep it.

Actually I dont give two shits, I dont play msc that much anyway.

NateTehGreatt

New Adventurer
Reaction score
FER said:
The problem is not you, but those who did it I guess. Just keep it, dont throw it away or give it to someone else, just keep it.

Actually I dont give two ****, I dont play msc that much anyway.

I still fail to see why a random act of kindness is bad. WAIT! DON'T REPLY TO THAT. FLAMING DONE.

Go home folks, there's nothing to see here. Move along.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
No problem...your the boss Nate....and if i see you online again ill be sure and say hi...

Allentrill

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
allentrill1000 said:
Exactly my point....If someone came up to you guys on the street and said heres a Million Dollars...tax free debt free guilt free, all you have to do is accept the gift...You mean you people would say NOOOOOOOOOOO I want to EARN it? No it means that some little boy (in real world is noob) gets rich and the first thing you do is....OMFG he doesnt deserver it...?

That's a terrible comparison. I refuse items in MS all the time. I wouldn't refuse money is someone gave it to me in real life. The reason being that I play MS to enjoy it. I don't play it so that I can get the best items. Sure, you could argue that accepting the money might be defeating the purpose of "playing life" but that's retarded. What do you do in life once you get money? Spend your time only on things you enjoy doing. What do you do in MS once you get the best items? You whine on the forums for better ones.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that the only person against twinking of any kind is Thothie. I don't want to be twinked and that's all I care about. I don't want someone twenty levels higher than us ruining the map and it's the same thing if you're low level with amazing items. I just won't play with you :roll:. The only reason I don't like it from a dev perspective is that it takes away fun for the people you're twinking and skips a lot of the great content.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Or you find a way to help the mod yourself.

What a novel concept!

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
If you had just earned your way to a million dollars, really busted your *ss off to get them AND bought a lottery ticket once every week yet never won. Would you not get the least bit annoyed if your neighbour won two million dollars in a lottery in the very first try. :roll:

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Jelly said:
If you had just earned your way to a million dollars, really busted your *ss off to get them AND bought a lottery ticket once every week yet never won. Would you not get the least bit annoyed if your neighbour won two million dollars in a lottery in the very first try. :roll:

I wouldn't be annoyed because I'd still be well off. I may have wished that I won it earlier. If you read my other post it states clearly why MS is not like real life because money in real life is worth something and the end result of MS isn't.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Actually the post was supposed to be a counter to Allentrill's post, I am just really slow at typing sometime.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
And i agree that your points are valid, however so are mine...To make it simple....Me and my teammate did the runs together, we earned our Blood Drinkers and then we earned an extra one....No one else but us earned it...no one helped us we did it ourselves...When we were done with the run it was ours, so we gave it to someone new, not because they deserved it or had earned it ...but for these 3 reasons...
1: We felt either throw it on floor or give it to someone.
2: We aren't all greedy.
3: I figured someone who couldn't use it would be better than someone who could, because then they would have to play lots more to get level 30 swords just to use it...where as someone who could already use it could get one of their own...

For better example

Yes i am glad that i earned the money to buy my computer, but i am also thankful for the video card that was given free to me before i got a computer, because it made me want to earn enough to get a computer to put the card in. That was my major thinking....Yes he had a blood drinker...could he use it no....then all he has to do is earn the level to use it...That was my point...I am glad that Nate was kind enough to post a thank you and that shows to me that we chose the right person.

Allentrill

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
allentrill1000 said:
3: I figured someone who couldn't use it would be better than someone who could, because then they would have to play lots more to get level 30 swords just to use it...where as someone who could already use it could get one of their own...

So, we should give everyone the best equipment because that'll be an incentive for them to play? I don't believe that. If anything they'll be bored from power leveling and then once they can use the item they'll have nothing to strive for and quit. It's much better to have people to look upto and try to achieve that yourself.

If anything having the best items is annoying for a new player. You feel that you just need to get good enough to use the weapon before you can start playing the game with everyone else. Then you realize you just passed the entire game and didn't get to enjoy it.

Hell, the enjoyment you guys are getting IS twinking new players. What else are you running the best maps for? Some people got to this level after playing through the game and most of them liked it enough to contribute something. I haven't seen that many new players who got twinked stick around but that's probably subjective.

My thoughts anyway. I don't care how you guys play the game because it doesn't effect me :roll:.