ArrowEd!

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hey Thothie... I've been spending a lot of time levelling archery (just got to 22) Dunno if you are open to suggestions to the strengthening of "la range" so here goes:

Fire arrows are a joke... initial hit damage sucks, supposedly for being able to see, the burning damage is pathetic. [last time i fired em I got around 10 damage initial hit... and like .8to1.0 dot.... LAME!]

Frost arrows are awesome, they support, they protect, and the damage coupled w/ it's dot is near the higher end of damage you can get from arrows of the non-holy kind. [last time i fired em I got 13-20 w/ 4-5.0 dot =D]

Envenomed arrows... are yucky... they are found in the nightmare thornlands... yet, they suck so hard... slightly better than fire arrows...
[10-16 dmg w/ 1.8-2.8 dot XP]

what i'm suggesting... is to increase the damage potential of envenomed arrows... more dot than the frost arrows to make up for their lack of freezing, and a slight increase of hits/poison time. (Decrease amount in chests too if need be.)

Fire arrows although easy to get, could use a lil more damage and +1 or 1.5 or 2 in the dot department. (increase the price of em if needed)

Hehe... when them LIGHTNING ARROWS come out... if possible, suggest they harm multiple targets with near frost arrow damages =D

Ofcourse, these are just temporary solutions to the possiblility of raising archery damage dependant upon the bows as well yah?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
sounds good, i like it...envenomed arrows really are a joke...iron arrows cost like 20x less and they do more damage INSTANTLY than the envenomed arrows do with impact and DoT combined...

as for the fire arrows...i think the light for them is messed up, hasn't worked for me for awhile...also kinda useless with glow being the allpowerful uberness that it is (not that i'm complaining)...

but i dont think fire arrows really should be very good...i mean, the tip of the arrow IS covered with cloth soaked in oil to make it be on fire

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
but i dont think fire arrows really should be very good...i mean, the tip of the arrow IS covered with cloth soaked in oil to make it be on fire

what would frost arrows be covered in? it really doesnt have to make sense. but i guess you do buy them from merchants and dont find them in crazy ice places. i wouldnt mind if they were stronger but i guess it doesnt matter cause ill never use them.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Frost arrows are enchanted, most likely. Ice blades are just enchanted steel, so why not the arrows.

As for Fire and Evenomed, those really CAN be made. And in those cases, Fire would have a weak impact (Squirrel's reasoning) but high DoT because of the burning oil that's now on you. Envenomed would have a higher impact and SHOULD have a higher DoT since there's now poison in your veins :roll:

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
btw, sometimes I can't kill a small araneola or a boar w/ one fire arrow... where is teh crispy... sorry, just had to mention it.

got from my envenomed finally to my fire arrows

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I agree on Envenomed arrows having a damage increase. As they are so "rare" (According to the Wiki, but was does the Wiki know >_>), maybe on Nightmare_Thronlands lower the amount in the chest, as at the moment I believe it's 240? The only arrows I seem to use are the Holy ones and Iron ones.

Also Drawven bolts I think need a damage increase, seeing how exspensive they are, the explosive radius is tiny too and not worth it.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Xeropace said:
Also Drawven bolts I think need a damage increase, seeing how exspensive they are, the explosive radius is tiny too and not worth it.

i dont think they havea radius, i think you actually have to hit the monster directly...that needs changed...

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Oh really? Well that does need changed. For a bolt stuck with a load of dynamite, the damage it does and blast radius is tiny :p

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Fire arrows are *not* to be used as torches. Fire arrows burn houses and ruin people's hair-dos. I think they should at least do decent damage.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie needs to make a fire-enchanted arrow, a new one, similar to the frost arrows. Screw fire arrows, make a new one called flame arrow or something.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Or lava arrows. That way we can quote Dr. Evil while we play!

"Liquid hot mag-ma!"

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
if there enchaned there should be animations, or you can buy them from the mage shop's and the guy enchaes em for you =p!

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i think you should have to take the arrow to him, and talk with it in your hands - then he enchants it....for a premium, of course...

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I fully back the idea of upping arrow damage for special ones...

The base arrows like iron and wooden (and the infinite spawning ones) are okay where they currently are, but special ones *VOMITS*....

Bow is good, and ranged, but HARD TO GET arrows need HEAVY DEALING DAMAGE.