The Dragonknights
Reaction score
:?

From hax0rs to fights, the usual conversation tho

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
and people say it's dying

MS:C's community has always been self-destructive, but as the population goes down, small conflicts are actually much bigger than you'd think. Imagine joining a server with 7 people in a guild that you're friends with, but one of them absolutely hates you. You'll likely get locked out of the server (or worse)

Never understood why, seeing as how this isn't a competitive game by any standards. I try to act nice to everyone on MS:C, but there were some points where people have tried to jack my personal runs, especially while I was farming the_wall. I guess you could say the loot is the competitive part of the game, and people would steal a completely rusted dagger in a heartbeat

Wonder what you could do to improve community relations?

holy shit this thread went way offtopic, from humor to slander

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Well, most of that occurs due to the lack of quality updates to keep the current database entertained.

I mean, i know Thothie tries his best to keep this thing going, and this is like the second time ms:c is knocking on heavens door since i joined the forums. Last time was the shuriken incident, it took a few years to catch up the amount of progress lost because of that situation.

I do believe ms:c will get another lifespike eventually, if things are done proper and with caution for next patch. I would aim at a higher goal, that goal right now would be to make the game more popular.

Though as we know, most of the stuff relies on Thothie to make it happen, so it's him who decides the fate of this mod right now, not us.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Well, most of that occurs due to the lack of quality updates to keep the current database entertained.
Oh, yeah, cuz there weren't no drama at all when patches were coming in regular like. :p

(Probably be more accurate to say, about 90% the drama on the board is patch related.)

zeus9860 said:
Though as we know, most of the stuff relies on Thothie to make it happen, so it's him who decides the fate of this mod right now, not us.
That thar might just be part of the problem. :oldcry:

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
zeus9860 said:
Oh, yeah, cuz there weren't no drama at all when patches were coming in regular like. :p

(Probably be more accurate to say, about 90% the drama on the board is patch related.)

zeus9860 said:
That thar might just be part of the problem. :oldcry:

Well that drama could have been avoided if there was more communication to begin with. It's something that this community lacked alot back then and has been progressing slowly overtime. Drama was already in the community before i joined, i and many others just got dragged along with it and developed our own drama in the forums.

Well, problem or not, you are keeping it going untill now mostly by yourself. If you keep dragging this with you, perhaps that shows you got little hope it won't be completly abandoned and will eventually find some new people to take over the plate.

If the worst happens, you could always rush in some sort of end content just to fill in the empty gap and pause the project there and wait for something to come along in the years ahead. I'm starting to believe the best thing that could happen to this mod is being reworked under the new source 2 engine from where ms:c was left of... It'll be fresh new stuff for people to try out and kids won't be annoyed by "outdated" graphics. Even though what matters mostly is the gameplay, whatever!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Well that drama could have been avoided if there was more communication to begin with. It's something that this community lacked alot back then and has been progressing slowly overtime. Drama was already in the community before i joined, i and many others just got dragged along with it and developed our own drama in the forums.

Well, problem or not, you are keeping it going untill now mostly by yourself. If you keep dragging this with you, perhaps that shows you got little hope it won't be completly abandoned and will eventually find some new people to take over the plate.

If the worst happens, you could always rush in some sort of end content just to fill in the empty gap and pause the project there and wait for something to come along in the years ahead. I'm starting to believe the best thing that could happen to this mod is being reworked under the new source 2 engine from where ms:c was left of... It'll be fresh new stuff for people to try out and kids won't be annoyed by "outdated" graphics. Even though what matters mostly is the gameplay, whatever!
Well, there was tons of "communication", just, most of it requiring the quotes. Certainly the dev team spent more time explaining and justifying positions, in addition to fulfilling wishes, than actually developing.

As for rushing an end game, it's not something I could pull on my own. Would need at least four or five maps that no one wants to work on, and all the scripting that goes along with them. I've not given up yet, or I'd tack on the single player var, and move on. I'd drop it in someone else's lap, and I do drop everything I can on any lap that opens up, but well, seems to be a combination of lack of laps, and the few that get stuff dropped on them, don't seem to be very sturdy.

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
As for rushing an end game, it's not something I could pull on my own. Would need at least four or five maps that no one wants to work on, and all the scripting that goes along with them. I've not given up yet, or I'd tack on the single player var, and move on. I'd drop it in someone else's lap, and I do drop everything I can on any lap that opens up, but well, seems to be a combination of lack of laps, and the few that get stuff dropped on them, don't seem to be very sturdy.

If you could get word of MS:C out there through some sort of advertising, it would likely draw the attention of more than just players. Would probably take a massive load off of your shoulders if there were even one other programmer on the team, especially if they were competent.