A little humor for you guys

CSS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Glad to see there's still some activity here. I know I've been MIA for years and years now. Sadly, it hasn't been due to any map dev. Rather graduating uni and starting the cubical life. I was looking through an old external hdd and found something that was going to be a secret with the last map I was working on, ms_hangout. Since that is unlikely to come to fruition, I'll just post it here:

7WxNYPU.jpg

Can't remember the fellow who wanted this in here, but I think he had something against PiMpSta, don't remember the beef. This wall-sized graphic was in a hidden chamber underneath the arena area.

It was part of the unreleased ms_hangout. Here are all the old photos I can find. That nostalgia. Those blocky maps

http://imgur.com/a/D6Aux

Cheers,
CSS

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Welcome back! You should probably know that your map Isle is still one of the most played "hangout" maps in the game. I hope you'll stay awhile (and make another map!).

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Adventurer is the real boss of them all!

What happened to Hangout? I might have read previously what happened with it (or not), i just can't remember.

CSS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear Isle is still played. I had a lot of fun mapping it. I wouldn't mind coming back to it and making it a little less blocky :D

hangout was an edana style map I had worked on to create a space for players to chill on. I started development but attempted to move onto source dev. The city itself looked pretty ugly, I used some default textures and I really had no idea what "good" looked like. Is there still a decent amount of players? It would be fun to check back on that map, maybe finally release it!

ner0sense

New Adventurer
Sons of Babel
DarkTide
Reaction score
So you are the one that mapped chapel and isle? :oldshock:
I spend tons of time on these maps and i think they fit the game perfectly :mrgreen:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Heh, for that list to be complete, it'd have to break the 2GB JPG limit - and you'd probably need six or seven such images.

I can't recall if there was a hooplah over your banning, or if someone was kind enough to PM me the forums you were visiting... Think it was originally permanent, because it was a speed hack that lead to 20+ other bans, and the solution for the hack caused at least as many problems as it solved. >< A lot of our anti-hacks work out that way, sadly, which is among the reasons we tend to go apesh*t when someone starts spreading them. (Sentence got sorta reduced to 5 years after the fact - figured that was more than enough.)

I'm not sure, but I think "Adventurer's" ban was for something along these lines:
cheater.gif
...Back when FN was open, didn't have map auth, "score" was kinda random, and he who shall not be named was still hosting cheat maps.

Have so many hilarious pictures going all the way back to 2003 or so, tempted to make a humorous "pictorial history of MSC".

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Speaking of hilarious and ancient pictures, lookie what I found from 2007:
h4x.gif
Yeeeah... Good times. ;)

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Heh, for that list to be complete, it'd have to break the 2GB JPG limit - and you'd probably need six or seven such images.
:oops:

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Speaking of hilarious and ancient pictures, lookie what I found from 2007:
h4x.gif
Yeeeah... Good times. ;)

That actually turned out to be kokris trying to get me banned, I'm sure you remember that guy.

Thothie said:
I can't recall if there was a hooplah over your banning, or if someone was kind enough to PM me the forums you were visiting... Think it was originally permanent, because it was a speed hack that lead to 20+ other bans, and the solution for the hack caused at least as many problems as it solved. >< A lot of our anti-hacks work out that way, sadly, which is among the reasons we tend to go apesh*t when someone starts spreading them. (Sentence got sorta reduced to 5 years after the fact - figured that was more than enough.)

Mine was due to a serverside mod when the FN password was public, I'm sure you also remember what it was as well.

It was actually seven years ago (jesus christ,) and back then, nobody really knew the consequences of cheating because nobody had been banned for it (yet) aside from a few people

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well... FC with U_CHEATED.char matches for 179 characters modified between 2005 and 2007 (meaning there were at least 1/3rd that many bans), and FuzzyFish was pretty quick to do it, occasionally making quite a noise - and we had six to ten different mods with access to the FN server to make such bans during that time. Dun think we switched to rollbacks (with the occasional, but much rarer ban) and being more subtle until Blasto took over. There were just a few that made front-page-news, usually due to public outcry to get someone banned, or the banned being silly enough to come on the forums and make a spectacle of themselves.

Granted, this year, it's like one or two rollback penalties a month now... Actually, that's if you average for the whole year, as I dun think we've had any in the past three months or so.

...and one of those odd images I have involves Korkis, I've actually forgotten what the heck that was all about...

The Valorous

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Anybody remember that time when someone was able to pickpocket one of the developers' weapons and run around terrorizing everyone in Edana? I think it was Lanethan's bow and sword? Anyways, I remember spawning at the Temple of Urdual and immediately sh*tting my pants and falling into the temple pit. Good times, good times.

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
...and one of those odd images I have involves Korkis, I've actually forgotten what the heck that was all about...

he was banned like 6 times and also suspected to have been banned recently, he obviously had serious autism or something because he just kept buying copies of HL and playing through a proxy

i'm fairly certain he had a split personality disorder, because when he was on my steam friends list (unknowingly) as Vlad, he'd change his name to something different and act like a completely different person, and that was the second time he tried to get me banned, which was by giving me a summon fangtooth scroll (among other BS) when it was unattainable

Kokris had some major issues, probably one of the dumbest people I've ever met, too. To be honest, he's probably still around under a different name. I actually have PMs sent to Blasto from around 2007 about Kokris coming back again.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Hmm, i remember seeing a Vlad a few years back or something.

If anything i would say he was hemeriodius and then zun, right now he could possibly be lucifer majiskus or max ride, both fit your description very well. :p

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
D.Drew said:
...a summon fangtooth scroll...
So is that item actually in-game now or still 'unattainable'? Cause I could have sworn I saw it somewhere before, just can't think of it off the top of my head...

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
Regorty said:
D.Drew said:
...a summon fangtooth scroll...
So is that item actually in-game now or still 'unattainable'? Cause I could have sworn I saw it somewhere before, just can't think of it off the top of my head...

It's attainable now, this was back when we only had rats and skeletons as summons.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Hmm, i remember seeing a Vlad a few years back or something.

If anything i would say he was hemeriodius and then zun, right now he could possibly be lucifer majiskus or max ride, both fit your description very well. :p
What was that about not starting shit?
I googled irony in the forum's search bar.

http://www.msremake.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8922&hilit=zeus+irony&start=105

:roll: Just gonna leave that here for research purposes ^

not speaking English as a first language is no excuse to be communicably retarded

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Lmao, someone's extremelly butthurt. :D

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
mirror-on-face.png
^ this is not me. Do not reflect

If that isn't you... then i guess that could be me, pointing the mirror at you. And what do we see? Nobody! :roll:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
cantwealljustgetalong.jpg