Zip

Luger

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I was wondering if you gonna compress the game into zip. cause my dad won't let me get winrar. :oldcry: :oldcry:

Cernobylsky

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok, but what about people who aren t admins ? they can t use Installers... i think best is .exe and .zip....

dRkILL

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Kuroneko is saying when the next version is released, we will send it out as an exe file. Being an admin doesn't matter.

Anyway, why won't your dad let you use Winrar? .rar files compress much better than .zip files. You could install Winrar, extract MS and uninstall Winrar without your dad's knowledge.

Bobster1234

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i think he means computer admin for windows XP. He is saying he is a limited user and a limited user cannot use exe files.

dRkILL

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I see, I've never used XP without having administrator status. All of the computers I have that use Windows XP have all of the accounts set as administrator.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
A lot of parents, perhaps wisely, don't let their kids run in administrative mode. (As opposed to me, where I don't let my parent's run their own computers in administrative mode). ;)

Granted, the kid's probably more likely to do damage randomly unzipping stuff.

In any case, for the current version, I do have a ZIP installer, that's more complete than the current RAR - but it contains an installer exe, which you may or may not be able to run.
http://www.thothie.com/ms/MS_v1.35_Enhanced.zip
Tis the best I can do for ya, ATM, I'm afraid.

Tis true though, it probably shouldn't have been a RAR to begin with.

Tradion

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
honestly, i can see some people hosting it as a .zip even if the mod team releases it as an .exe soh does it matter?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well no one's hosting a pure zip at the moment, which prevents some people from playing, so I guess it does matter.
“The goal is to keep the bewildered herd bewildered. It’s unnecessary for them to trouble themselves with what’s happening in the world. In fact, it’s undesirable — if they see too much of reality they may set themselves to change it.” - Noam Chomsk
Saint Thoth