Ye Ole Shoppe!

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Cyax, stop bashing him.
You shithead :mrgreen:

Now ceriux, about your house: Try adding those slanted support beams to your walls. Also, medieval windows (in latter times when there were windows) never were big. The windows were composed of multiple, smaller windows. Think of 3 x 3 small windows that together form a bigger window. You can slap a flag to the side of your house for decoration. Or use some of those plant (especially ivy) textures. Ivy looks great on houses if you don't overdo it - because if you overdo it your house will look like some decaying shack.

In that last picture you should also add a doorpost. Also make a railing next to your staircase. And last but not least: A balcony would be swell :D

Hope this works :wink:

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
about the balcony should i put it infron of the building or.... delete the room extension that goes over the rais on the ground and put it there?

also lol im stupid whats a door post?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
A doorpost is (in medieval style) a set of wooden beams separating the door from the wall. A frame for the door, if you want to call it like that.

And for the balcony: Make it an extension of the building.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i know what u mean by the extension thing but should i put it over the door, or where it already hangs over?

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I'd say put it as an extention of the already existing extention. :)

For stuff inside... try table and chairs and maybe beds (if you have small rooms inside your house) and smaller tables.

Also, what point are you trying to make about the logo on the forum. I see plenty of nice looking windows.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
he told me i shouldnt have windows because of the "midevil" thing but i pointed out that even the ms:c team uses windows....

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Although, it is true, what you see there are small panes of rough glass beset in intricate wood frames (although it could be rice paper, hard to tell in Half-Life) either of which is more feasible than a large solid pane of clear, flat, industrial glass. There are some textures in the MS wads for this, so you don't have to build every tiny frame. I think your first house used such a texture.

Still, Cyax is just being nasty. :p

Ah, thank goodness you changed your avatar though, the last one was making me think of Leviticus 20:13, this one's more Job 1:9, much better. ;)

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
He didn't say "don't have windows" he said dont have big one-sheet-of-glass windows.

LIke thothie said, have lots of tiny little windows stuck together in a wooden frame. Looks cool. But dont make it soley out of brushes. Find a good texture. :D I'll just repeat everything thothie said, in case you didn't catch it the first time 8)

Oh, and since we are submiting shops pics here, i though i might try my luck :roll:
Welcome to the Underkeep Tavern.
pic1
pic2
I just kinda whipped this one up in a few hours. I wasnt really thinking when i did it, just kinda winged it. I'll change it a little so it looks more real. It doesnt have windows because its a tavern, and taverns are supposed to be dark. The rock part looks crappy, i really wish i knew how to do that better. And the stuff with the wood and dirt for the plants looks too blocky :| but... o well.

Cyax

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
ceriux said:
he told me i shouldnt have windows because of the "midevil" thing but i pointed out that even the ms:c team uses windows....

Sorry if i seamed like an asshole, I was trying to proove a point without being... Use the windows, because every map uses them pretty much, and the late medieval era actually had houses with some. The early feudal medieval era was based totally on manorialism.

But ofcourse I love original architecture, if you sat down to design your own style of a structure, I greatly respect that... As for your map, my only thing I didn't really like, was the big window.