[wip] Actual Buckler "replacement/fix?"

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
well theres been alot of arguments about the buckler model sooo i too liberty to start working on a new one...

bucklerwipks1.png

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Where's my door? :oldcry:

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
door coming thothie XD , but its going to be after the end of the month im going out of town to day and im not finished with either project..

if its ok with who ever made it id like to change the thing in the center...

kray1091 said:
NICE, Now alls we need is a spear =O

spear would be really easy scept animation... specially since i cant animate... :(

PhotoSacred

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i would actually perfer if something better were in the middle i just couldnt make anything

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I think what I may do, to save you the trouble, is rename the "Buckler" to "Training Shield" and end the controversy - because even what you have there, still isn't a buckler, it's just a wooden shield.

(Buckler, normally being a v. small shield held in the fist or strapped to the forearm with a round hub for deflecting blows. Neither of which plays real well into visuals nor game mechanics.)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Point being, something like a true buckler is too small to be a good view model. It'll either be an awful little thing in your fist on the view model - or strapped to your arm, making you think you should have a hand free - which you won't, as it can't be arranged. (No way to dynamically combine view models sfaik)

Better to waste time on something else, I figure. ;)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i think we should stick to buckler and give him a chance...as for the metal shiel, rename it large shield or round shield

Kokris666

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Buckler should look like Ceriux's model but a Bit smaller, But i don't know actually if thats ingame size or not. :D

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I would love to have a buckler; and Thothie, you could make a new skill area to lvl up (or lob it in with parry) called shields :D

The buckler could block attacks, and be a weapon! Punching people using shields'n'bucklers is fun :D