whats one thing you like about msc and one thing you would..

Ayhur

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Re: whats one thing you like about msc and one thing you wou

Regorty said:
Oh! Oh! Oh! Me next! Uhh, my most favoritest thing in the game world is umm... the easter eggs and secrets in the maps. :)
And one thing I would change would have to be the food, or rather the lack of food. We all can't live on apples, just me. :D
you can do a soup in game!

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

There is already a soup in-game but i heard it's made from apples aswell.

wronskii

New Adventurer
Reaction score

I love how time consuming and grindy the game is, Or the community of the game
I hate the fucking miss/parry chance
12 parries in a row? 5 misses in a row? please no :evil: :evil:

Phosphorcracker

New Adventurer
Reaction score

I love the interactive way of combat paired with an oldschool touch of rolling and rng that drives you crazy after the 12th miss in a row with a 7 needed for hit.

I too would love to see some more spells with actual power. It feels like a joke to deal 100 dmg to a mob that already does take double damage from that elemt while literally ANY weapon would hit 200 and higher. Magic needs some fancy new spells to compete with the variety of strong weapons. Please for the love of god make some more spells that actually do damage. I dont want OP trololo hyper beams that outperform close combat but id love to see some useable singletarget spells that dont feel like throwing clothballs.

Everquest

New Adventurer
Reaction score

Mind you, I am speaking of a time many moons ago... But my favorite part of MS (I am not sure if it was called Continued back then...) was the bow and how you actually had to aim and be good with it to hit things, especially at great distances. I always felt a tinge of pride when I saw the monster I was fighting have several arrows already stuck in it by me or dare it to reach me while not backing up and have it fall at my feet dead before it could actually attack me.

And the one thing I would change would be how the servers are/were. I would like them to be connected to other servers and each server with their own map running 24/7 so each player could go where he or she likes with out having to worry about getting the rest of the group to go to the same exit, like in regular MMORPGs.

I also enjoyed the talking NPCs, but I would of liked more out of them and I believe some did not even respond to you or have any real purpose. And I liked the exploration, slow grinding and story.

However, around the time I was playing there were cheat maps and people who had a LOT of gold and I guess at the time what I would call uber gear. I remember having to tell some people several times I did not want any gold or armor/weapons that I did not earn on my own.

But as someone else mentioned, if this could merge with Sven Co-op that would be awesome! Not just for them but you guys as well. Since Sven Co-op is now a stand alone game on Steam, anybody and everybody could play MS. Plus you may even get some more mappers and modelers. Or if MS it self was released as a stand alone game on Steam it would be great too.

Lt.Green

New Adventurer
Reaction score

I just got back, so I'll throw my two cents in: Favorite thing, not lore or environment or world.... It's the perseverance of this mod, I just wish I'd stayed with it better.

Least favorite... yeah, i'm gonna have to toss my hat in with the 17 misses and 8 parries in a row crowd... especially when you have a >8 to hit.

EDIT: I Do like the lore, enviro and world btw... just to make that clear

cfreyrun

New Adventurer
Reaction score

I love the entire concept of the game. It's in my opinion one of the best mods out there for Half Life, and it's something more people should look into doing if they make a mod. I really hope we get a bigger community one day at least when the servers can support people properly.

However.... I do not like the treasure system currently. It really punishes people who wish to do content solo, if they can be creative enough to beat bosses and get content done, they should be rewarded at least a bit better than they currently do. The servers also have that issue where they melt down the second we hit past like 3 people so that's an issue too with the system.