Very Quick Questions

agbrianlee

New Adventurer
Reaction score
universe, earth Emotion: VERY happy =D Thinking of
Hi ppl,
I just have two small questions to ask :D

1. When a player votes for a map, what command must the other players input in order to vote for the same map? (going with vote)

2. Are there any commands or configs which can allow me to NOT lose 20% of an exp point after I die? Because I play solo, and die alot of times

Thanks in advance!!

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
agbrianlee said:
Hi ppl,

1. When a player votes for a map, what command must the other players input in order to vote for the same map? (going with vote)

2. Are there any commands or configs which can allow me to NOT lose 20% of an exp point after I die? Because I play solo, and die alot of times

Thanks in advance!!

1. You press "Yes!" or "No!" with your mouse. There may also be a keyboard command but I can't remember off the top of my head. If you're at a transition you press enter.

2. You can't change it if you're playing on FN. If you're hosting your own server then there might be a command but I don't know it.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Durak said:
agbrianlee said:
Hi ppl,

Thanks in advance!!

1. You press "Yes!" or "No!" with your mouse. There may also be a keyboard command but I can't remember off the top of my head. If you're at a transition you press enter.

2. You can't change it if you're playing on FN. If you're hosting your own server then there might be a command but I don't know it.

1. The keys 1, 2 and 3 works too. Not sure if theres a console command, though.
But since you ask, I guess you don't have AMX installed on your server so the best option then would be that everyone just disconnects while one player/listen server host transfers (presses enter at the trans). if everyone tries to trans (pressing enter at the trans point), theres a chance that the server will go down. This is an old bug but will probably be fixed in the next version as Thoth made an internal votemap system.

2. Theres no way to change it with any command, without altering the mod. But there is an armor called 'Armor of Bravery' that neglects the effects (losing gold and exp) of dying. But this armor is really rare and hard to get.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

If yer under the current betapack, typing votemap in chat or console will cause a menu to pop up that you can click a yes/no answer from. You cannot, however, vote for the map you are currently on to reset it, if that’s what you mean. (This will be a server option in future revisions).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Patch is likely not applied proper. What's it say if ye type "betadate" in console.

agbrianlee

New Adventurer
Reaction score
universe, earth Emotion: VERY happy =D Thinking of
Well, I first applied the DEC2007 patch, then I realised within days you put up a DEC2007-to-JAN2008 patch, so I downloaded that and applied.

Yeah thats the version of MSC i currently have, but don't worry, I don't need the votemenu. I just type changelevel in the console :D

By the way, AWESOME work on the game, me and friends just love playing it.

Thanks for helping!! :wink:

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Play it on FN it's runner that way! :)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yes. It's much runner on FN.

When did Scooby-Doo join the forums >_<

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
A day almost as grim as 26 Feb 2005.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm just going to assume thats when J-M joined and not waste my time trying to figure out who your aiming to insult.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
That may be the date he created the account to these 4th generation forums, but certainly not the date he joined.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
That made so much sense that I died a little on the inside.