Uh?

Conker6

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
If the new artifact system works solely on player numbers, how come with 3/4+ players artifact chests don't spawn atall, but sometimes stuff spawns with only 3 people. example... me, corn, nando, and a few others ran b_castle a few times, first time we had 4/5 people and nothing spawns, the next time 3 people did it, and a DS spawns. Uh... wtf.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It's a chance to spawn per player, with some items needing a minimum of X players (I think only 2 from what I've seen).

So while 8 people may yield nothing, 3 people still can.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Its still a % chance, that chance just increases with more people. So its possible to see a rare alone, its just a very low chance. In the same way its possible to not see a rare with a good number of people. However, that chest in particular gets up to 100% spawn chance fairly easily (a jump from like 25% (?) to 100% with 1 more person).

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Also, actual the actual artifact chests themselves also have a spawn chance per player, along with the items that may appear in them. Currently the only artifact chests are in ms_snow (two), ms_wicardoven (two), foutpost (one) and the_keep (one).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That's not true. Arti Chests spawn regardless of number of players. However, you will only see them if one or more items in them "make the roll", and like Shuri said, the chance of that varies with the number of players. If no item in the chest makes the roll, the chest never appears.

There's also a few more Arti Chests than that.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
That's not true. Arti Chests spawn regardless of number of players. However, you will only see them if one or more items in them "make the roll", and like Shuri said, the chance of that varies with the number of players. If no item in the chest makes the roll, the chest never appears.

There's also a few more Arti Chests than that.
Sorry. I actually knew how they work, but I suck at explaining.
Also, what other maps have artifact chests? I've never seen them elsewhere.