Too heavy

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Something's up with my char, but I don't want a roll back atm. I can't use rejuvinate, I can't use scrolls, I can't even pick up scrolls because I'm too heavy. I seriously don't know what's up...Any clues?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
you're on thothie's server without the alpha DLL...btw, i need to go get a new rejuv scroll from deralia >_>

[same prob]

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
My server isn't running the alpha SC.DLL anymore, due to the model mis-reference causing issues.

If you are running the alpha SC.DLL and have this problem, you can try switching back to the standard SC.DLL on your client.

Beyond that, all I can say is, drop stuff. ;)

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I wasn't all that full, but I switched to the alpha to test it out. My weight bar was above max. I checked items to try and find way and apparently the Strong Health potions are a lot heavier, my guess is that this is to stop players from carrying too many >_> Not very fun.

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
This happened to me without using a different sc.dll with iron arrows... 4 stacks to be precise, my weight was at about 80%, dropped all my arrows and I could cast again, and for some reason, they suddenly increased in weight by 300% since I couldn't pick a single stack up again, saying it was too heavy.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Okay evil... how do you know that the cork on the potion isn't made of lead :!: There's always the possibility that these potions are radioactive (ahaha, gulp down that killer shit!) :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hmm.. yeah, the pots may have gotten heavier in that release - I've yet to work out a better way of preventing character overload atm... but I've got some idears on the table.

Didn't change the weight of Iron Arrows nor Bolts - but if the stack is very large, it will weigh a lot.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Can't you make potions their own type of item, sorta, and make a special belt-item to hold them? Then limit the items allowed in that belt to six or something, and perhaps have double-belt compatibility (to allow two equipped belts, therefore doubling potions to twelve) :D

It would be a lot like Diablo's potion carrying system, but they don't have rights to that since there are a few older games that use it as well (meaning no patent rights are flying around, plus the patents can be maintained only oh-so-many times, and won't extend to 20+ years for video games) :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well... One thought was to make it work on an ammo system... So we have this "healer's kit" that uses "healing herbs" of various strengths for ammo (then all the pot gets converted to herbs - oh the comic irony)... Then we setup the herbs into stacks, so they only count as 1 piece of data for each stack against the character size limit. Meaning, you can carry a lot of em without any worries.

I'd like the healer's kit to be a combination container / healing item, that could both hold the herbs, and be used to heal, but I'm not sure if I can pull that off. Maybe eventually make it be the only sack that'll accept herbs, and come in various capacity levels. (small/medium/large healer kits)

It would mean rebalancing all the pot treasure accross the world- but it wouldn't be the first time I've had to do that (did it back when I increased the # of drinks/pot in an previous effort to fix this problem)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You just had to post the "comic irony" comment ;-)

Can't you just write one of your oh-so-famour batch files to replace x-num pots with 3x-herbs (or something like that)?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Wound up doing something along those lines the last time.

I'm not sure if we can have weak/medium/strong herbs though, now that I think of it... I dunno how I'd get the heal amt to pass from the ammo type, through the kit, and to the player.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
So then back to the belt idea!! Since that one is:
A) Cool, new items to equip on us at our waist!
B) Effective in the sense of giving it a limit to holding items and designating potions to a specific area at last :D

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
alright, so i'm having this weight problem too... gonna need to find a new glow scroll... should i drop all of my strong health potions? or most of em at least? my weight isnt' even full according to mr.yellow bar i'd say around 60%

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
That's how it was for me, then I dropped my SPots. Might as well give it a try.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Using the 10/30th SC.dll instead of the alpha would likely fix it too. If ya get sick of people stealing yer glow- go beat up the Lord of the Land for his ring. ;)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Well, the new patch doesn't FIX it, it just shows your true wait.