Tired of getting dark sword

KEMPER

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hello!
For the past 2 days I've been trying to get a Dark Sword from b_castle.
After somewhere about 20 runs with total players hp from 1500 to 5000 It didn't show up even once, neither did the shield.
So, I really want to know if its just my luck or it doesn't drop there anymore, because 4 years ago when I last played msc it was a usual drop with 2-3 players with more then 1500 hp in total.
Maybe someone knows the exact probability formula for it? Or maybe its just a bug?
Thanks.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
/me checks...

"get_chance_ultra_rare 400" + 2 player req.

So... Req 2 players, +3%/per player with >400hp, max 50% chance (not that you could hit that).

Shield's the same, but checked separately.

Older items tend to have crueler spawn chances. :/

Hasn't been updated since its inception.

KEMPER

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So since we had 2-6 players with 400+ hp our chances were 6-18%. Not much but it could have spawned for at least 1 time.
Thanks for the answer.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Random is a cruel mistress. :\ (I should know, dated her back in high school, right after Karma, Fate, and Death.)

Woulda be kinda nice to work out some sorta "I dun finished this map X times" system, to make the chances go up, but trixtie. Additionally, the chests are so damned varied, it'd be hard to apply to them all - again, this chest hasn't been modified since the map came out in 2007, and that's true of a lot of em.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Random is a cruel mistress. :\ (I should know, dated her back in high school, right after Karma, Fate, and Death.)

Woulda be kinda nice to work out some sorta "I dun finished this map X times" system, to make the chances go up, but trixtie. Additionally, the chests are so damned varied, it'd be hard to apply to them all - again, this chest hasn't been modified since the map came out in 2007, and that's true of a lot of em.

you'd have to add a variable to the players save file saying you beat boss x amount of times. then in the logic say if boss_beat < x do random event handler. else spawnspecialitem();

KEMPER

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ceriux said:
Thothie said:

you'd have to add a variable to the players save file saying you beat boss x amount of times. then in the logic say if boss_beat < x do random event handler. else spawnspecialitem();

I guess that would make farming items too easy. Maybe the maps should be more rewarding for full clean of the map, like +15% spawn chance if 90% of monsters are dead.