Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Progress on the admin things are as follows:
FEB2008b_optional_serverside_patch [WIP] said:
• admins.txt reads proper
- You can use comments, but best that they not be on the same line as the Steam ID
- When defining steam ID's there must be a space between the STEAMID and any auth level definitions
• All admin commands seem to be working proper
* Also added admin_gag - but, atm, it doesn't seem to work on certain players (debugging)
• Votekick/voteban seems to be working proper
- both require 3 players present, and that more than half the voters vote yes
- fixed bit where cancled or failed votes would prevent future voting
• votepvp seems to be working proper
- this ones hard to test, but the function reports proper, and the vote goes off right
• Strobe effect on connect has been axed
• Players are now disconnected during map changes (ala amx)
- stops memory deallocation errors
• Potion of stability fixed
- It still may not due to client difference - but it at least shouldn't crash the server
• FN recognition of pvp_canyons
- If ye have canyons_pvp, you'll have to rename it - the pvp_xxx prefix lets the system know to set pvp

Still wanna fix admin_gag and a few other lil things before I finialize a release though.

The maxhp thing uses the disconnect method, rather than kick, so I'm still not sure what's up... Did ye even get the warning, Sabre?

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Nope. Wasn't the N00bie server running a fresh install? Is it possible that you forgot to enable that setting? :p
I dunno, but I can say that I srsly didn't do anything special to stay in.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It was, but I enabled it and made sure it'd kick me before anyone else got on... *shrug* I dunno, if hear of it happening again I may setup some more aggressive test - right now it only checks once when you spawn and that's it.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Maybe it's a conflict between the HP limit kicker and the gauntlet kicker... :O

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sabre said:
They're not related. :/

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Maybe he had under 400HP when joining, instead of having full HP?

I don't know if the checker checks current hp or max hp, though.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Sabre said:
They're not related. :/

This is MS:C...Tell me that you've never had two unrelated things conflict with each other :?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Some questions about the admin_shutthe****up idea.

There's basically two things you can do, and I'd like to see them both:
1) Completely mute players, removing their ability to type anything at all.
2) Change whatever players say into "Ooorgle." or "Bleeergh." or something.
Could you add these both?

Also, another question: could you make the "Ooorgle." and that stuff customizable text? I personally see the humor in turning whatever somebody says into "Please pee in my mouth." or "I molest children.", so could you please make the replacement text customizable?

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:

Also, another question: could you make the "Ooorgle." and that stuff customizable text? I personally see the humor in turning whatever somebody says into "Please pee in my mouth." or "I molest children.", so could you please make the replacement text customizable?

Should add a delay, so they can't spam even more annoying sayings, such as the gagball effect "Mmmmfmmmh!" Thothie finally added :D

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie's server has admin_gag, I was his first victim :D (Doubt it's a votable though)

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score
villager said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:

Should add a delay, so they can't spam even more annoying sayings, such as the gagball effect "Mmmmfmmmh!" Thothie finally added :D

Could be Abused.

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score
"Omg you stole my pfck yesterday on that other server, take that!"
"wtf no i didnt"
"Yes you did!"
"Pee me in my mouth" <-- Banana Style please. "Pee my in me mouth"

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Snow Wolf / RaZoR said:
villager said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:

Could be Abused.
Yea, by asshole admins. The point was to restrict the asshole admin from abusing their admin powers (other than kick/ban) from keeping you from getting the chest, I don't see how gagging you could keep you from getting to the chest.

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
villager said:
Snow Wolf / RaZoR said:
villager said:

Could be Abused.
Yea, by asshole admins. The point was to restrict the asshole admin from abusing their admin powers (other than kick/ban) from keeping you from getting the chest, I don't see how gagging you could keep you from getting to the chest.

He was talking about the customizable text. Which can be easily abused. They can change it to say "I'm a cheater and I use X program to hack rare items" And then they can screenie it and send it to Blasto and get them banned from FN.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
That's... kinda already possible, I think they'd need more proof than someones text saying that such person uses hacks. :\

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Wow, I guess suggesting admin tools really is impossible if people start searching this much nonsense behind their use.
Of course I can change what people say into "I hacked Atholo" or something, but nobody will believe it anyway.
Stop being paranoid.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
An admin could very well just kick you from the server once the chest spawns. Plus, if the admin is that much of an ass to use the burry command when the chest spawns, why the f*ck you would keep going to his server? From what I've seen, the BoUs, Hells, Revolution and Thothies are usually up, or atleast one of em, and I doubt any of them would abuse their power.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Point of having admin is to get rid of annoying players. It is not necessary to also abuse them in the process. The less fun ways there are to abuse power, the less potential there is for power to be abused.

'sides, tis not as if people have been running AMX servers with a thousand abusive fun moduels, so not much is being taken away in the process.

The amx_gag I've, reluctantly, worked out thus far is not customizable (and yeah, could do all sorts of nasty things with a customizable one - possibly even legal trouble, if one was clever). It also still allows players to communicate with NPC's (although players near them can't read their text), so it doesn't intefer with the client's actual ability to play. Last I checked, however, it did not seem to be working proper. (Seems it will only mute certain players, for some damned reason - although it mutes Villager - and maybe that's good enough. ;) )

Kh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
that game need more newbies game because when you are newb,you don"t know where to go and in lots of server,there is only high xp players who play really fast the quest and don let you the time to have fun.