zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Bump.

Fucking gratz to whoever had the amazing idea of making servers restart so damn quickly when a person disconnects.

Just fucking wasted ~1 hour of my life and 2 sets of potions after getting lag killed by ihotohr, then my internet died for 3 minutes, almost 4, when i got back online, RKS europe server i was on doing the map was reset to edana already, this is fucking annoying. :oldangry:

God damn, this is really stupid, i wasted almost 1 hour doing the map and the server seems to be forced to do a reset in a minute or so. Might aswell make it restart upon reconnecting to piss people even more >_<

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I think, by default, you have 10 minutes after the last person drops... Wouldn't it be funny if it was actually 10 seconds though?

exhaust,funny,graffiti,street,art,vent,yellow-869230f71e9b6934c7560c088763cdef_m.jpg

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
The RKS servers have it set to 3 for some reason.

Changing it to 10 now.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Lots of other reasons, too. It's more inviting to new players if servers are on the starting map, rather than a map where they die on connect.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
The Man In Black said:
a map where they die on connect.
Then again, maps in which you can't spawn without instantly being attacked have a serious flaw, imo.
Dun think we got a lot of maps with that flaw... Walk out thirty feet, and die instantly, surely. ;) Either way, discouraging for first time players.

There used to be some sort of helptip telling folks who created new characters outside of Edana about it, and starting a votemap for said - but it seems to be broke... Maybe simply due to the fact that you start with more hitpoints now.

The Man In Black said:
Lots of other reasons, too. It's more inviting to new players if servers are on the starting map, rather than a map where they die on connect.
Although it'll do that without resetting the server, under default behavior, which means all the gew in the memory from the previous game is still there, hence the ms_reset_if_empty thing... Really need to reset the game more thoroughly between maps either way though. *hint* *hint*

An option to shut down the server between normal map changes (letting it come up on the crashed.cfg) is something I was considering, but I'm afraid having the server suddenly shut down on map change may cause issues with characters getting written out to FN. (Also need an option to give clients longer delays before reconnects, to give the server more time to reset.)

128959671478750104.jpg