Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
WHOEVER MADE THE MASTER SWORD V1.3 INSTALLER IS AN INCREDIBLE RETARD
inspect-dryer-vent.jpg

Not it!

May not have been the old team either... IIRC there were several bunk rar's running around - no self installer. I don't think I put together a self installer until late 1.35 - when I figured the NSIS Steam detector script.

• Banned

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I was addressing whatever clown thought it would be a good idea to make an unzipper that does this:
(folders in red are empty)

/cl_dlls
/dlls
/gfx
/maps
/media
/models

/ms
/ms/cl_dlls
/ms/dlls
/ms/gfx
/ms/maps
/ms/media
/ms/models
/ms/MS
/ms/music
/ms/SAVE
/ms/sound
/ms/sprites
/music
/SAVE
/sound
/sprites

"Hey let's make an unzipper because we can't make an installer and let's make sure we include a whole bunch of empty folders to emphasize that we don't understand basic mod folder structure."

But you're right - installer is a big word, it's actually an unzipper.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
ventrilo.bmp

Hrmm... Don't remember that one. Probably one of those random ones put together by some kid who wasn't sure what they were up to, rather than the team being drunk again.

...Odd thing is I didn't think we even had a SAVE directory back then... Thought the char got tossed into the root.

• Banned

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Good point about the /ms/SAVE directory, I think you're right about the characters not being saved there at all.

Oh man...
air-vent.jpg

As if that garbage unzipper wasn't bad enough, MS v1.3, MS v1.3-c1.4 and MS v1.35 (!!!) all don't work on Steam... I was trying to get one of them to work for Gorynych, but no dice. Ah well.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
MS 1.35 doesn't work on Steam anymore? That's a new one. :\ Sure you gotta good install? I know some copies needed an additional patch - dunno where my MS 1.35 full installer ran off too...

Also, to Steam:
vent1.jpg

Marisa

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I've only seen that kind of folder doubling and misplacement on individual model replacements before. :<
amcktk.jpg

243etxw.jpg

• Banned

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Anyone noticed how they removed the option "I have a fast connection. Always play higher-quality video." from YouTube?
Pretty lame if you ask me. If I want 360p garbage resolution per default, I'll play a PS3 game.

deadPS3.jpg

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
360p defaults for games on the PS3? By default its 480i for any SDTV, and then it just gets better after that. Where are you getting your facts?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Pac-man on the last game console I owned.
2600pac.gif

These new consoles are such a waste of money with their inferior technology.

Also, Pac-man on the PC:
pacman-wins.jpg

PC pwns all consoles... Even if that does look like Iputsu 2.0. ;)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Don't you hate it when Lodagond crashes when you get 8312 XP, see Maldora drop an ice tomahawk, and know you're about to get showered in rares?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
moulin-a-vent.jpg

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Fuck whoever got the idea of making an unstable map that can only be beated with potions.

Fuck that damn no attack bug that happens frequently on the high lvl maps and make me waste endless amount of potions.

Fuck the lag disconnects on the_wall right after drinking 5 potions.

I'm done. Usefull thread is usefull now. :evil:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sadly, I only have the one picture of wine with the name "vent" on it, and obviously I used it too soon. ;)

(Was just too lazy to photoshop Maldora sticking his head out of a vent giving "the razz".)

Monika's_BFFEx0255

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Sadly, I only have the one picture of wine with the name "vent" on it, and obviously I used it too soon. ;)

(Was just too lazy to photoshop Maldora sticking his head out of a vent giving "the razz".)

I still thought it was cool :mrgreen:.

But if you can you should actually make that pic

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
the_keep is a heartbreaker.
when u see the boss holding orion you'd think he'd drop it..
but noooo0o fuckin granite maul and elven bow.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
FUCK!

Having [FN] die while I'm doing the_wall is already bad enough, but having the server crash randomly when I'm trying to kill the final ten monsters is just too terrible for words.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
****!

Having [FN] die while I'm doing the_wall is already bad enough, but having the server crash randomly when I'm trying to kill the final ten monsters is just too terrible for words.

inorite, i had that happen twice since i got back :wink:

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
FUCK

WHY on ****ing earth do some servers not reset on the map they were previously on?
David's server and (presumably) all RKS servers reset on Edana, rather than the previous map. This is exceptionally frustrating if you crash in lodagond-4, which happens about 80% of the time in the "blue magic room".

Fix your shit or r_gtfo.gif

Moral of the story: Don't ever play Lodagond on David's server or on RKS servers.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: ****

J-M v2.5.5 said:
WHY on ****ing earth do some servers not reset on the map they were previously on?
David's server and (presumably) all RKS servers reset on Edana, rather than the previous map. This is exceptionally frustrating if you crash in lodagond-4, which happens about 80% of the time in the "blue magic room".

Fix your **** or r_gtfo.gif

Moral of the story: Don't ever play Lodagond on David's server or on RKS servers.

You could have told me and it would have been implemented. But then I guess you didn't have my contact info (admin [at] rkszone [dot] c o m). Originally, I assumed incorrectly that if it crashes, then the players are more likely to go to another server than wait for that one to come back up. If hlds shuts down completely, then the service is automatically started back up. However, if the server stops responding, the system will wait until the next isAlive query which is currently 3 minutes.

Regardless, I have instructed the service manager to add +exec crashed.cfg to all MSC services. This should be automatically pushed to the VA and TX datacenters and be effective on the next server restart.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You can set admin contact via the ms_admin_contact cvar. It'll pop up if a player gets kicked or banned or they type contact in console.

We have an MOTD system (add text to msc/motd.txt) that I keep meaning to look over as well... Dun think it works all that well ATM.

funny-pictures-cat-is-sitting-on-your-vent.jpg

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ms_admin_contact is already set, but I thought if there was trouble, people would have come to the RKS website or posted on the forums here. I didn't realize that they would "vent" about it in a "vent" thread.

I will experiemnt on the MOTD system and see how it works. Thanks for the suggestion.