Tentadrilus on: Economics, Critics and Daytime TV

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
So right, yeah, this whole Economy thing. What the hell is going on there? I don't know about your news stations but as soon as the big money-throwing idiots told us that the "Credit Crunch" is already underway, previously-good news programs turned into some kind of elaborate definition for the word "Retarded". Good old media. The first time I saw it on the news they were all like "DON'T BUY STUFF OR WE'LL ALL DIE" and then I flip over to the other channel and they're all like "BUY STUFF OR WE ALL DIE" and then good old GMTV can't decide where they sit. One day it's like "Oh my GOD you RETARDS it's BLATANTLY FUCKING OBVIOUS STOP BUYING THINGS" and then another time it's "Oh my GOD you RETARDS it's BLATANTLY FUCKING OBVIOUS BUY EVERYTHING YOU SEE". Damn. This was a brain vent.

Are you a critic? You are? Then shut up. JESUS CHRIST. Basically, film and art critics are people who are incapable of realising that people are perfectly capable of forming their own opinion. Game critics? Not so much, as if a game is blaringly obviously crap then usually people's opinions are unanimous. But seriously. "Oh yeah so I saw WALL-E the other day. Holy shit. Like, -5 stars out of 5. I hate childrens films." WHY DID YOU GO AND SEE IT THEN. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing but when you start using it to shove your opinion down people's throats then I think it should be confiscated and locked in the draw until break time. Oh yeah, and a letter home.

So, going back to the GMTV theory. This is a classic example of daytime TV; it talks about the stuff that nobody else dares talk about because it's too boring. But they can get away with it because 99% of the people watching TV during the day just LOVE watching daytime TV. The other 1% of us are bored out of our freaking minds because the channels reserve all the good stuff for like 9pm onwards. I hate the watershed. If I ruled the world, then I would make sure that EPIC THINGS were produced and screened during the day, as well as the night. Oh, you liked Loose Women? Well, um, sorry.

If you have an opinion on either of the three topics I have sworn about here, then feel free to throw them into the fray.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Hey, I'm a critic >:O

Mind you, with music nowadays you really need someone to filter out the garbage.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well I absolutely hate TV as a whole in my country, its just too much of a piece of crap. After one day watching those retarded programs, you'll go out wanting to kill someone.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I rarely watch Dutch television because it's really insulting to my intelligence. Not only my intelligence, by the way; anyone with an IQ higher than that of a brick wall is disgusted by the vast quantities of DUMB on Dutch television. I only watch the news and good movies, the latter also being rare.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Oh, and f*ck daytime TV, get Tivo and record all the good stuff, then watch it during the day :D

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Critics are useful. They help stop those who have yet to review something from having to waste a portion of their life on it.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I hate television as well, over 9,000 channels ( ITS OVER NIN THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!) and NOTHING GOOD IS EVER ON:roll: !!!!
Besides what is the point of tivo? If you have watched it before why would you want to watch it again?? :|

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I rarely watch Dutch television because it's really insulting to my intelligence. Not only my intelligence, by the way; anyone with an IQ higher than that of a brick wall is disgusted by the vast quantities of DUMB on Dutch television. I only watch the news and good movies, the latter also being rare.

lol'd looks like TV is the same crap everywhere, anyways i hate it TOO MUCH and yet i need it to either 1) Pass time; 2) Play consoles and do some other crap similiar to that... I think sleeping is better than the 1st reason i mentioned :roll:

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
Besides what is the point of tivo? If you have watched it before why would you want to watch it again?? :|

Other than watching stuff again (some shows are good enough to warrant this), you can record shows you missed due to it being on the same timeslot as another good show, not being there to watch it, etc.

Honestly, I just use CoolIris for anything I might miss (the only TV I watch anyway is Animation Domination, and they're starting to add crappy shows to that too).

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I used to watch a channel called Locomotion that mostly showed anime, but then it turned into Animax and started to air crap I've never heard about (legend of blue?)

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
FER said:
I used to watch a channel called Locomotion that mostly showed anime, but then it turned into Animax and started to air crap I've never heard about (legend of blue?)

no way! i also used to watch that like 5 years ago but then it vanished from my channels list, it used to make alot of air time for brazilian south park which was so damn good times to watch tv, i really wished i still had that channel (i remember the channel's icon was something like a white hand inside of a red circle or something like that) not sure if it's the same channel you refer to but it also made alot of anime air time on tv... :mrgreen:

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
DeneroffHearst1.gif

Yep, pretty sure its the same channel

i really wished i still had that channel

It died (was killed) and turned into Animax, which is pure crap

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Sounds like what happened to g4 and tech tv (now merged into g4techtv). They were good separately, but when they merged they went down the S.H.I.T.ter.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
More like what happened with MTV, Locomotion had even weirder stuff between shows than MTV back then.

Now as a channel that cliam to be all anime, its airs crappy movies and some shows like Lost to compensate for the low buget crappy anime they have.
If they only aired old classics, then it would rock. Probably the only series that make up for all the crap (including a show that everybody loves but I considering it way to EMO, you all know which show it is) may be Basilisk and Hellsing (if they still air it)

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Tentadrilus said:
If you have an opinion on either of the three topics I have sworn about here, then feel free to throw them into the fray.

3.jpg

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
watp.jpg

, actually.

P.S. Sorry Sabre, didn't mean to offend.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Posting direct links to 4chan isn't the greatest idea in the world, as eventually the post will run off and that'll be that as you can see :p.

AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah Tentadrilus I can't see yo picture!

Tinypic that shit yo!

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Oh shit. I used the wrong link, one sec.

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well played good sir, well played indeed.