Steam and Donations

Wormz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You ever thought of putting this game on steam? It would get more players into this game, some people like the good old classics, also is there a donate button on this site?

Wishbone

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Wormz said:
You ever thought of putting this game on steam? It would get more players into this game, some people like the good old classics, also is there a donate button on this site?
I know it was discussed about adding the game on Steam Greenlight, I think the only issue is currently, is the amount of stuff MSC uses that is under copyright (basically stolen).

I think if you want to donate, the best way you could is to talk to Thoth about buying models for MSC.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Not sure what happened with the Greenlight... I need to ask RKS about that...

We're probably moving to the Svencoop engine next patch, and may end up stand-alone as a result, which may result in a new flood of players (also need to be sure we're ready for the new flood of new hackers that will come along with - really tempted to put the VAC back up on the RKS servers so at least VAC bans would be in effect.)

I'm not sure how, exactly, RKS is handling donations at the moment, since PayPal is as screwy as ever, but I've almost more new models than I can hope to process before the deadline ATM, and he's the only one with real expenses related to this game. You can PM him yonder.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Not sure what happened with the Greenlight... I need to ask RKS about that...

We're probably moving to the Svencoop engine next patch, and may end up stand-alone as a result, which may result in a new flood of players (also need to be sure we're ready for the new flood of new hackers that will come along....

115-Mind-Blowing-mHealth-and-Telehealth-Statistics-and-Trends1.jpg

Wishbone

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Veltex said:
Thothie said:
We're probably moving to the Svencoop engine next patch

Next patch when?
It's hard to say when, but hopefully soon... There's still a few things that need to be done before the patch release.

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
We're probably moving to the Svencoop engine next patch, and may end up stand-alone as a result, which may result in a new flood of players (also need to be sure we're ready for the new flood of new hackers that will come along with - really tempted to put the VAC back up on the RKS servers so at least VAC bans would be in effect.)

banning some cool kids who downloaded a public aimbot from hacking forums isn't going to stop anyone you should really be worried about, and a lot of notable MS:C players are VAC banned

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Should probably re download msc so I can start playing again. Can't wait for next patch! :)