"Sounds like a personal problem."

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah, it is...

my computer is acting weird when i play mastersword... used to work just fine. But now whenever i play i move all in slow motion and when i jump i kind of float in the air. The things i've tried so far: Restart, and Checked taskmanager processes for something sucking up cpu... no clue what is wrong....

anyone have any ideas?
(serious please, and i know a new computer would work too, but what can i do to play mastersword some more :'()

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
last night mine slowed down alot to... cept it wouldnt do that it would lock up... then play noramal slow down then lock up play normal then repeate.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
try some scanning!

get yourself adaware and spybot S&D
this will get any spyware, malware, and other data mining programs.

after that you should try running a virus scan, there are free online ones you can use if you don't have a virus scanner yourself.

if all this doesn't seem to help on last thing is CCleaner this program dubbed the crap cleaner will really clean out our computer, if you have never run any cleaning program this would be th one you should run. check everything unless you want to keep you cookies and or other things because you don't want to re-enter them later then uncheck those boxes. When it finishes analyzing click clean now it will erase lots of stuff if you don't normally clean it manually I personally cleaned up over a gig before. the other handy thing about this program is the registry clean up tool. I would reccomend using it to clean out errors there, it helps my computer after virus or other maleware infections. Just remember BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY, in the off chance the program screws up your regestry you will have a backup to restore it.

I can't think of other things you can do besides flat out re-installing windows.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
it isn't really located any one place, however if you wish to access it click start go to run then type in regedit. This will allow you to modify the whole of what your registry is. Be very cautious when playing with things in there some things may only break programs others will stop your operating system from loading.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
hehehe, i remember when runescape had your character file stored on your computer while you play (for some reason) and you could regedit your characters levels XD (this was way back when "jagex" was just 3-4 guys in a basement)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
type this in your:
start -> run -> msconfig

In msconfig check your startup configs, and make sure you don't have shit like yahoo or unknown programs starting up...

Next type this in your start run thingie... ---
start -> run -> services.msc

Now while in there; totally turn off your BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service). You only need that on when using Windows Auto Update; and having it on 24/7 sapping away at your CPU isn't fun. Anything else you may feel un-necassary to leave on in there; go around turning it off and making it only start up manually.

Hope I helped out some :D

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Just a note, despite those commands looking like they have something to do with msc, they don't :p

HobbitG

New Adventurer
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
hehehe, i remember when runescape had your character file stored on your computer while you play (for some reason) and you could regedit your characters levels XD (this was way back when "jagex" was just 3-4 guys in a basement)

back in the day when there was only one world, and pvp was allowed everywhere except inside banks. Player limit was like 20. Good times though, camping the door on the bank ;)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
HobbitG said:
evilsquirrel said:

back in the day when there was only one world, and pvp was allowed everywhere except inside banks. Player limit was like 20. Good times though, camping the door on the bank ;)

hey now! you couldn't kill in lumbridge either ;)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Just a note, despite those commands looking like they have something to do with msc, they don't :p

They concern compute performance; which was what I was aiming at helping Mario with. So in the thoughts of how much CPU & RAM will go towards MSC; those commands do concern it, greatly so even :D

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I meant....You know...if you can't figure out what I meant, it's not worth explaining to you. Here's a cookie. Go sit in the corner and don't talk anymore.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
um iv noticed its only (all) of my games on steam... i can play my bf2 online with no problems... same with other games....

yea bye guys nothing works to fix it... :( ill still come around the forums...