Server problems

Roghan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
If me or my friend try to make a listen server it says that its not connected to the central server and wont connect to them but I can play on other online servers anyone know why?

Roghan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ive been able to make servers for 2 weeks and I have done that it says we cant connect to FN

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A) Open some ports, like 27015 and the such
B) Turn off your DMZ (Dematerialized Zone) to unlock all ports, all at once
C) Look at your router (if you have one)
D) In the event that the company who produced your router isn't game friendly, take a gun to the router, and a bat to the CEO of the company who made it.

E) If you listened to step D and it represented you, note that I did not play any-part in your committing your crime, and that you take full responsibility for your own actions; also note that you were a retard, moron, and general dipshit for following any instructions I give (no matter how helpful) :D

Roghan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Roghan said:
Ive been able to make servers for 2 weeks and I have done that it says we cant connect to FN
I was playing on a server earilier then i changed maps and it wouldnt connect anymore

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Are your FN settings in the proper .cfg?

Iselore

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have the same prob with my dedi server too, just came back a while ago and found the server had lost it's FN connection while your server still had the connection. Server was up all the time, no crashes since yesterday. Definitely not a .cfg problem.

Edit: Problem is fixed by added the port 5711 behind...weird

Oedipus

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Can add me to this list Had a listenserver running last night for a freind and it was find. I go to start one today and the connection is "broken" although i can ping the adress and can play with my char on other FN servers, go figure.

Roghan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Iselore said:
I have the same prob with my dedi server too, just came back a while ago and found the server had lost it's FN connection while your server still had the connection. Server was up all the time, no crashes since yesterday. Definitely not a .cfg problem.

Edit: Problem is fixed by added the port 5711 behind...weird
Fixed mine too.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Someone come up with another solution fast, 'cause I can't open ports in my dorm.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There are technically two FN servers, one on 5710 and one on 5711 they both save/load from the same character folder. I'm not entirely sure why Fuzzy set it up this way, but he seemed to think it prevented an overload somewhere. I'm not sure why the 5711 port would be more dependable, but I do know the 5710 port gets less traffic.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
An error I suffer from is that when I host my listenserver and connect to FN, it works just fine... but if I leave the listenserver and try to restart it, I can only connect to LAN server (even If I join another server before attempting to host again). This fixes itself if I quit the MSC/HL client and restart it, but only then will it work once more again :D

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
It would simply... ROCK... if that error was removed/fixed, but that can wait for a later point in time.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Ok, I can't connect to FN at all from my server. I tried both of the ports but it still tells me (on the char selection screen) that I can't join because it can't connect to FN. Any clues?

Roghan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
did you add :5711 in the configure file?

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I just noticed that I can't connect to FN on my own listenserver at all anymore :!:

That's strange, since it was working just yesterday....

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
There are technically two FN servers, one on 5710 and one on 5711 they both save/load from the same character folder. I'm not entirely sure why Fuzzy set it up this way, but he seemed to think it prevented an overload somewhere. I'm not sure why the 5711 port would be more dependable, but I do know the 5710 port gets less traffic.

The primary reason was because originally when FuzNet was first put up I was getting 25 character requests at a time, it was choking around 20 and dropping connections so I split it in two so that if it was busy others could use it.

Besides for legacy purposes 5711 has no use nowadays given the low number of people playing, asides from preventing OMG FUZNET BE DOWN threads. Much like the password stayed at testing. :)