Rollback

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Had the items of interest loss again for the third time in 2 months... heard some items drop(same thing JM said happened to him) when I got on a server hit the pick up key and was able to pick up the items of interest I had equipped, my bloodstone ring and PA, but my fshard and UGA dissapered.

I'm starting to think it's some bug that causes you to literally drop your items of interest on connect while your character is loading. It would also be nice if I could grab a dev when it happens to see if they can find anything in particular wrong with the character that could cause the items of interest loss bug to happen.

Name: cartman-2000, slot 1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2286685
Reason: items of interest loss, was able to pick up my PA and Bloodstone ring but my fshard and UGA are gone.

Worked correctly at 11pm GMT-8, 9-27-10.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Repeated loss of items almost always means a corrupt item stream. The usual advice: cycle through all items, drop anything you don't absolutely need, and any item that does anything odd (change name, model, etc.)

There should be no "items of interest" however. Character corruption treats all items equally - it's just some items you're more likely to care if you lose them. ;)

(Actually, if there was any logical reason for a particular item to vanish, it'd be the Lich Tongue, as it be the one with the longest script name. Stackables and arrows would be next up, for the extra item data they carry.)

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I did that last time, and there wasn't anything out of the ordinary with all of the items/containers I've dropped. I don't have a litch tongue anymore since I leveled SA enough to use the neck hunter(NH is the only SA weapon I have now.). I only have 3 different stacks bolts and one stack of arrows.

It's always been the items of interest items that have been loss, I've never randomly lost any other items before.

Server's show the items of interest people have when you connect, form my server when I connect(putting these items in the galat chest seems to take it off of the list.).
Code:
STAT_TRACKER: cartman-2000 [ STEAM_0:1:2286685 ] ( Thu Sep 30 18:31:00 2010 )
hp: 807.00 mana: 390.00
swordsmanship: 31 [ 31 31 31 ]
martialarts: 30 [ 30 30 29 ]
smallarms: 36 [ 36 36 36 ]
axehandling: 30 [ 30 30 30 ]
bluntarms: 30 [ 30 30 30 ]
archery: 34 [ 34 34 34 ]
spellcasting: 24 [ 33 32 33 30 32 1 1 ]
Item of Interest: Shard of Felewyn 1
Item of Interest: Unbreakable Golden Axe
Item of Interest: Pheonix Armor
Item of Interest: Bloodstone Ring
Quest Status - RingStage: 0 Lighthouse: 0 Namestate: 0

And it's always these items that I loose randomly, never any other item.

I have gone through dropping and picking up all of my items(containers, equipped items, and other items) again, and still nothing is out of the ordinary with them, didn't loose anything doing this, as what happened with zues when he went through his items.

It might not be any sort of item corruption, but might be related to quests. the previous map I was on before it happened was sfor(testing out how it ran in my listen server, still pretty bad, but a little better then my dedi.) I was in the undemael boss room, I didn't really do anything in there other then talked to one of the guys and killed one of them, got off for like half an hour, then hopped onto another server when that bug happened. The previous time I had the items of interest loss bug, I was coming from a run on the_wall.