Rollback Request

Bbb

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Well it happened AGAIN. I joined a broken bloodshrine server (one of the montreal ones, might've been the same one as yesterday actually) and I proceeded to watch my armor poof at character selection at 6:50 pm EST today. The same server corrupted my character twice in a row. I'll ask for my last rollback for this month and then proceed to not play MSC for a while. And yes I was restarting the game every single map change.

6:30 ? pm EST
STEAM_0:0:26708559
Slot 1, character name is just "B"

Last edited:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Done.

Eh, while the rule is generally three a month max, to help cut down on people exploiting the system (not that it doesn't happen anyways), I can confirm these last two rollbacks were character corruption, so I'll not count them against your limit.

Ya might just be having some really crappy luck, but I suppose there's also a small chance that you have a corrupted item on you that's messing up the data stream. I'd go through all your inventory and worn items, drop them to the ground and pick them up again one at a time (perhaps on char_recover). If any of them vanishes, it maybe the culprit.

Reactions: Bbb

Bbb

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll do that next time I play. Is it possible it would be an "invisible" item? I encountered a bug a week or two ago where I picked up a "Bare Fists" potion out of my galat chest which then promptly vanished. I don't know if it was an actual item in my Galat that got corrupted and turned into bare fists or not, or it could just be completely unrelated. I also have no way of knowing if Bare Fists still exists in my inventory.
8253467041D94A963774B3FE3E25078E164C1602.jpg
EE5D276696C4D8BC07B1822D66E8ADF0C906DB27.jpg

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, that doesn't look good.

Now, the Gallet Chest inventory is seperate, and it doesn't actually save item data, only script names, so corrupted items in the chest shouldn't cause issues, but if you manage to pick one out, and thus generate an invalid item, complete with data, then yes, that could be problematic.

Getting rid of an invisible item, should it lack an icon, might be a bit tricky, but you do get an item count when you near your max items, so you might be able to figure out which container it is in via trial and error. You can also use the console command "lplayers numitems" to get an item count at any time. Keep in mind "bare_fists" is actually an item you always have (is what it sounds like), but ya should only have the one instance of it.

Side note: While we used to have the "Legend of the Green Dragon" text adventure linked on the website's homepage, despite it being infamous for responding with something like, "You strap your bare fists to your back and prepare for adventure!", I don't think this bug is some homage to that.

Reactions: Bbb

Bbb

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Well, I happen to have the exact date of those screenshots, Feb 2 at 4:10 pm EST if you want to go snooping some logs or something. I'll fiddle around later and see if there's something in my inventory that was causing it. Thanks again for the help.