RKS server

Hakariaki

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Just a question, how long is the map reset time on RKS servers?

I were just running lodagond solo, and while i were at loda-3 i got steam validation bug, couldent rejoin server for atleast 2 minuts, then when i can finally start loading server info. the game and whole steam crashes, leaveing me out for another 2 minuts befor being able to restart everything. And when i get back the server have reseted to edana :/
I belive the standard time for map reset is 10 minuts? so what is it on RKS?

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Maybe the server wanted some alone time, so it thought by switching to Edana you would forget all about it. This should be obvious!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'd be able to tell you, but the TCAdmin service seems to be down...

(...Wait... [h4x]... 3 minutes. Can't change it though, service still down.)

One bugger is, as long as you've not touched any other transitions, you would still be allowed to warp back to Lodagond-3, and still qualify... Maybe I should tweak up the map vote system to allow voting for gauntlet maps if the player still has the right transition tag.

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
So if i find the server he was on... I can go votemap back to lodagond-3?!!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
No, the player has to have the qualifying map tags (ie. last map he was on, and the destmap on the last transition he touched).

Nice try though. ;)

He could take other players, without the tags, with him, but only he could initiate the vote.

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
is that information saved on his computer or on fuzznet?

Hakariaki

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I'd be able to tell you, but the TCAdmin service seems to be down...

(...Wait... [h4x]... 3 minutes. Can't change it though, service still down.)

One bugger is, as long as you've not touched any other transitions, you would still be allowed to warp back to Lodagond-3, and still qualify... Maybe I should tweak up the map vote system to allow voting for gauntlet maps if the player still has the right transition tag.

Darn 3 minuts, thats short time. sucks to get disconnects for a few min, sucks even more if all your progress towards that points just goes poff.

So nexttime this happends to me, i could possible start up my server and change the map to loda-3 and join in on my server and play from loda-3? Or does it only work on the same server that you were playing on?
Being unable to vote for loda-3 on rks means you cant do anything about it anyways.

Also if this is possible to go to another server and start from middle of gauntlet. What if there are multiply players doing the first maps of a gauntlet, and then split up to diffrent servers doing last point solo to get everyone reward?:p possible cheat risk.

Hakariaki

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
FreshMeat said:
It's saved on FN quest info i belive.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
FreshMeat said:
Characters have a special element for saving the last maps they visited, and the properties of the last touched transition.

Hakariaki said:
So nexttime this happends to me, i could possible start up my server and change the map to loda-3 and join in on my server and play from loda-3? Or does it only work on the same server that you were playing on?
Being unable to vote for loda-3 on rks means you cant do anything about it anyways.
Yes, that would work.

But I've already tweaked the vote system, so the next time this happens, come next patch (which will hopefully be very soon), you will be able to vote for the gauntlet map again. Same with hidden maps.