Riddlemaster suggestion

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Evaan said:
Just to clarify, we can't really keep updating the riddles every update because X numbers of people remember the answers.

As with the Myst games - once you figure a puzzle out, you know how to solve it every time you play it (unless it's Myst 4, of course, in which you'll find yourself puzzled every time...)

I do realise, however, that the answers are not "encrypted" well enough.

I actually forgot the answers I chose for them when I played the game again as of late, and had some real trouble getting past them, so they do indeed work as intended if you don't have the answers already.

Reason is that Thothie changed the answers,
the original ones were Parrot...and...cant remember the rest

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I think just re-arranging the three riddles would be a rather pointless delay.

However, if I made it randomly select from like oh a dozen or so...

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The mind is a fast learner, Thothie. Memorizing 12 answers and connecting them to 12 words or phrases requires very little.

You would need riddles in the numbers of 30 or more to have any real "confusing" effect.

But we don't really want Calrians Ruins to be inaccessible either.
The riddles were invented entirely to provide adventure and less static content, making Calrians Ruins one of the maps where it's not just hack and slash till kingdom come.

However, the way you are "told" the answers is perhaps too straight forward. Mistake on my part, which I'll see to change. No real use to people who've done this before, though, sadly.