Rename/regender charakter?

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
When created a char for MSC, I took a roleplay identity I liked to play in Vampire Redemption. However, since there's no roleplay, I'd like to my charakter to represent myself. Is there this possibility?

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
if i could get a server to run on my computer id make a roleplaying only server... but i cant iv tryed so many times with no luck....

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't think that that's truly possible, because slaying enemies is pretty everything in MS anyway. The quests are not that much of a change because they are a) few, b) have no interesting rewards at all and c) often involve killing alot of monsters.
But at least, it could be worth a try...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
How exactly does one make a roleplay server that is different from the roleplay game that it's for? It's already roleplay!

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
@MiB: MSC is no roleplay at all. Remember: roleplay!=skill points.
Roleplay begins where you actually play a role instead of just slaying monsters. Ever been in a theater? That's roleplay!
@Ceriux: sounds like a good idea. Maybe, we could stick our heads together?

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Sure, honestly i was just thinking of making like 2 or 3 town maps where people can go thru the "DM" i guess u would say which would be the admins i guess... or maybe go on a quest to get a special item which is redeemable for a house which is passworded so only they can get in. town maps would have special npcs that would be made just for roleplay maps. we could make our own quests that are more designed to induce roleplay.... ummm of course server rules is you MUST roleplay , which is punishbale if u dont... would like to hear some other thoughts on this?

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Maybe special scripts so you can be a trader and trade, or a worker in the town and earn money?

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i think thothie might have to alter the games code for that... and im sure hes not willing to do that... but with your house that you can get if i set it up, u can turn it into a trade shop... just when u claim your property say u want a shop instead of a house maybe? or a mixture?

Tirex

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Erm, walking around a map and doing a quest whitout killing or dieing to get a reward (trap dieing dosent count in) is cheating.
Roleplaying: Your role in this game is the role of an adventurer, you seek fame, glory and riches... thats roleplaying.
Furthemore, Thothie dosent like town maps.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
we mean roleplay as in you actually pretend, not just walk around talking as if its a game... the actual meaning of ROLEPLAY not just "play the role"

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Originally there was a trade option...finish it and you can be a proper trader...
also a worker is possible...forexample a miner, you have a pickaxe and mine for ores to sell and earn money

Tirex

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Player1: Hello my role in here is player1 and i say hi
Player2: Hello player1 you got an interesting role in here.
Player1: Il go to my house which is part of this role play.
Player2: Ok good luck.
Player1: *walks down the street and finds 5$*
Player1 5$: Omg i found teh 5$
Player2: Lol can u lend me haf of it?
Player1: Oh yeh here take it.
Player2 2,5$: wow thx now i can buy myself a gib, rune blade, salamander vest and other 1337 stuffz.
Player1 2,5$: Wow i didnt know that, thats awesome.

Player1 2,5$ dropped.
Client overflowed.
Player2 2,5$ dropped.
Client overflowed.

Thats how it would look, so, ew

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Role!=Job
You guys should play a game of Vampire redemption, of course online. That is roleplay. Not just doing a job, but actually playing like you're a person.

Tirex

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well in that case, open the door and advance forward, go in a building and say that you want a job, or look in the paper and call by the number writen there in the "Needed" category.
No this is not virtual reality, this is life.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
i like FFXI role play:

u do some massive quest talking to different ppl and then the guy gives u a crappie reward +fame

least the crappie reward is nicer than everyone giving u like 50 gil (which is gay)

its also nice if each quest gave u something different (like in FFXI)

i don't like getting 5 gold for almost every quest

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You guys don't get it. Roleplay is not about quests. Roleplay is about playing a person.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
u can't really play a person if everyone is the same person if u know what i mean

if u don't know what i mean i'd say fame is the role play

cause everyone knows u and ur the role of "that guy"

ReBoot

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Roleplay!=job
Roleplay is playing a person. A person is more than it's job. Or is playing PC everything you do here? If that, you're not an interesting person to talk with in real life. Same with roleplay: persons have hobbies, have they character stuff like humour or hobbies.
And important: a roleplay charakter doesn't and shouldn't be identical with the player! The thing about roleplay is playing someone else, a whole person.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
ReBoot said:
Roleplay!=job
Roleplay is playing a person. A person is more than it's job. Or is playing PC everything you do here? If that, you're not an interesting person to talk with in real life. Same with roleplay: persons have hobbies, have they character stuff like humour or hobbies.
And important: a roleplay charakter doesn't and shouldn't be identical with the player! The thing about roleplay is playing someone else, a whole person.

i don't care if i go on the pc too much :?

also i don't care about roleplay if thats what it means like jelly said... quests r fun (er)

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
If you think of a roleplaying game as a game where you play the role of some person then every game is roleplaying game. (Quests FTW! :mrgreen:)

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
You guys really don't understand what role play is apparently...

Its not about some setup story line with quests for you to complete, its about making up your own character, creating a background for them and then living that character as your role. There doesn't need to be any additions to the game to make role play better, its all just imagination anyway.

The only thing I could suggest is a server dedicated to role play. This server should NOT be FN and should use server side characters, the goal would not be to level up.