Problems with spellcasting...

Za Perfect Shinigami

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So I heard tell that spellcasting was bugged in the latest patch. I therefore reverted back to the version before, hoping to raise my spellcasting high enough to avoid the bug. Unfortunately, I'm now stuck at spellcasting 4 and I don't know how to get any higher than that. I've gotten myself to 12 fire and 11 lightning and I can't learn/find any more spells. Please help me?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Assuming you're playing solo by the fact that you're using an older betapack...

If you're high enough level to brave some of the harder maps on Daragoth alone, you'll find a vendor who will sell you an ice bolt scroll. You'll find him in a very Frosty place. ;) Otherwise, seek out the ice troll guarded by bandits. You can find him on your way to The Ruins of Keledros or The Bandit Keep. There is also staff that you can use to train your Affliction skill should you be able to defeat The Snake Lord.

Za Perfect Shinigami

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yes, I do play solo... for some reason steam doesn't like my internet very much atm so joining a server is outta the question... plus, there's no one else at my house that want's to play with me :( anyway, thanks bunches for the tips! I'll check em out asap! [EDIT] Btw... can you give me a hint as to where The Snake Lord is? I haven't played this very much so I'm not that familiar with the high lvl bosses 'n' such :D

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
it's a map that contains 2 names in it, the 1st name describes something that's red, the 2nd.. you have to find out! It's a good and simple hint, if you check the listmaps you will end up solving it :wink:

Za Perfect Shinigami

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanks for the help you guys! I appreciate it bunches! One last question that's not really related at all to spellcasting. What's the lil pic next to my name saying "is here ->"? I don't get it...

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It means you're currently active on the forums.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
It means that you are looking at this thread specifically.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I am currently the only one looking at this thread and there's the "you are here" next to me and zeus's post, who's in another part of the board.