Project Spellweaver Spire

Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Greetings for those that may come across this post, here are a few rules set by myself - otherwise anything off-topic you place I will ignore personally.

Please remain on-topic to the project, this is vital to it's development and lore.
Please do not bring Drama to this thread
Please do not bring any off-topic information that would be deemed not of use for this thread.

Welcoming you, Project Spellweaver Spire

QUOTE'S ORIGINAL LINK
The Elemental Planes (semi-corporeal)

• Carnaan, the Plane of Fire
  • Odriz, the Plane of Water
  • Hnshasa, the Plane of Air
  • Mughedd, the Plane of Earth

Project Spellweaver Spire's intentions are to imitate the brilliant works of Elder Scrolls Legends, Battlespire [1] [2]
- and utilize them to make the semi-corporeal planes reachable through the Spellweaver's Spire; but of course after a plethora of quests done for the Spellweaver's Guild, and of course.. after discovering upon it. Who wouldn't want to visit Carnaan and conceptualize visuals similar to Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion? [1] [2]

Additional information will be elaborated in posts below, thank you!

Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
What I would want to take a nick at, and it is what I am initially working on - is configuring Jackhammer and doing practices and tutorials, getting used to the editor..

Initially before anything "spellweaver"~ish would work, you'd need their tower.. or spire per se, so that is what I intend to do first, it won't be accessible until perhaps ties into Greatguy's/Hackasarus Rex's questing scripts allow you access to the area on a certain quest index level. Initially the Spellweaver spire will be a "nexus between all the semi-corporeal planes" , allowing a larger amount of quests and transitions to be added, powers to other planes and perhaps towers or even places unaccessible on the Mortal Plane (Leann I believe?) - such as Spellweaver's ruins or enclosed locations that no onlookers or even dwarves underground mining would find. This would also be a hub of trade, and an eerie place because you've been raised on the Mortal Plane (assumingly!) .. it will be sort of dark with a eerie atmospheric to it, because you are far from home but can only return by warp gates or portals provided by the guild itself within the spire. Hopefully allowing a mage-front to the game, later adding (maybe?) robes and enchanted gear, more spells and trainers - and somehow replicate the sorc_villa's crafter to make potions with ingredients there.

Intentionally after the map is made, I'd like to replicate Helena's good ol' random wave attacks from Orcs.. somehow tie it into Wizard Wars assets for spire guards, and evil wizards maybe loyal to Maldora or just corrupt with dark mystical powers, who want to attack and destroy the spire and prevent it's usage and reach within the sub-corporeal planes; which are now granted to humans/elves/dwarves when this map is completed. Perhaps the Dark and twisted Evil wizards can have a tower of their own, or a whole another storyline which you can progress to defeating them. Hopefully this can also lead to a whole another plethora of lore we can add, like a crisis similar to Oblivion Crisis, that brings the involvement of all mortal species into some pact to stop it.. (another inspiration from Oblivion). While these are all great ideas, I'd like to hear from others.. any pointers?

Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I would also like to, while thinking on the grand picture of this for a moment - is to idolize how Thornlands and the chaining of map transitions are done.

It would be neat if everything can tie together through the maps, not saying that you should hop between Carnaan to Hnshasa, atleast without some sort of Spellweavers plane gate, either ruined or abandoned (ruined maybe a quest to fix it for your use) - but that you must back track for certain quests or events to occur - and to simply get back to the spire. I also want to replicate the feeling that the world is alive other than just you being there, I'd like for wizards, rivalry or friendly to come across and maybe help you by chance, spare their works.. or a battle between two evil wizards or a group.. just make it feel alive. While on that topic, I'd like to establish that the Spellweavers Guild should be at war with the Dark Wizards, evolving into a atmospheric battleground and pressure.. overall a crisis may occur from the ability of Humans able to visit these semi-corporeal planes.. maybe they can contract diseases or bring back horrid creatures.

Another neat idea told to me by Oyster Hippopotamus, is that of.. if you do not have 100 percent resist to that element then you will take constant miniscule damage, as if it hurts your lungs or human physique, no one should just be able to be dumped into Carnaan and not melt to death.

Last edited:

Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Some progress, trying to hammer out the layout of the area (no bad pun intended), and then later add some cool designs after the floors are layed out, only question I have though is I have this idea, and making it work probably would be difficult, but water elevators in MSC, that is a way to transverse across the spire and ascending/descending levels, the water won't be visible but it'll be a way to get up and down from floors with the addition of stairs, but to make the area look neat. [IDEA IMG]

[PROGESS IMG]

EDIT: This was provided to me by Oyster of MIDIEvil Studios, this sounds so good to fit the eerie environment of the spire! https://midievilstudios.bandcamp.com/track/dark-waters

Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Going along nicely for the teleporter pad.

WfG7uhoCQhm3fmiFY2JUKg.png

Attachments

• de2TpzstQca_hrYQAd7OnQ.png
    de2TpzstQca_hrYQAd7OnQ.png
    244.2 KB · Views: 3

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
water elevators in MSC, that is a way to transverse across the spire and ascending/descending levels, the water won't be visible but it'll be a way to get up and down from floors with the addition of stairs, but to make the area look neat.
(Squints at thumbnail) If you're looking to make a pillar of water you can swim up, best method may be to use a func_illusionary with water content, and surround it with func_conveyors with waterfall textures, flagged for no-push and non-solid. (Sticky bit with those always being figuring out which way to align the textures.)

func_water can be treated like a func_door or func_platform, but yes, the sides sometimes won't render if you opt for that route.

Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thanks!, Dridje was helping with me on this also; the map from the thumbnail above looks entirely different, and we have a functional gate.

EDIT: I also just realized this isn't under the maps section, I hope that's okay.. unless we use this post to do lore talk as well on how the spire allows mortals for a brief time, to travel to the elemental sub-corporeal planes.

The map description I made is this (ms_spire):

This ancient spire was created by Loreldian God Urdual for use of the Spellweaver's Guild

It can be changed, I just thought it'd be a neat addition for now and we can do some loretalk on why it'd exist in the first place, Oyster did mention long back that the Spellweaver's Guild existed some sort of way, or maybe it was a idea of his own.

Last edited:

Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Song in video provided by oyster.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
This ancient spire was created by Loreldian God Urdual for use of the Spellweaver's Guild

It can be changed, I just thought it'd be a neat addition for now and we can do some loretalk on why it'd exist in the first place, Oyster did mention long back that the Spellweaver's Guild existed some sort of way, or maybe it was a idea of his own.
I can't find anything on it in my collection, but the lore is scattered and not particularly consistent, with several iterations. Setting up a tower for a magic guild, however, doesn't sound like an Urdual sorta thing to do. If anything, he might grow a tree, but assembling a magic guild at all doesn't exactly promote stability. Torkalath is always interested in promoting ambition for power, but prefers to work with individuals and to promote competition, so I suspect, if he did something like that, he'd set up competing branches. The Felewyn elves, however, are huge on magic, and Felewyn is big on community collectives.

The spires and towers mentioned in my lore collection include The Observatory (which was constructed by the triad as a trial for Apostles) and those about Shahaed, grown by Lor Malgoriand. The others are kinda off world, The Pillars of the Moon and The Tower of Fate, both floating around an old-style lore story.

I'll support ya in whatever ya want to do though - just my two cents. For one cent short of a nickel, the video also reminds me how much unsupported ceilings irk me - but I assume this is just framework, and you've not added any details.

Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I haven't added any details yet, going to get the whole layout before any geometry.