Possibility of server Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOONTER

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm sorry I wanted to know if you're going to see a server again in Argentina, I'm looking forward to your response.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Don't know about other hosts, but RKS currently has no plans to expand coverage in South America.

Long Answer:
Peering in South American is almost non-existent and placing a server in Argentina will only improve latency to those on the same network as the server. For all else, 90% of the time the packets are routed to Miami, FL for peering and therefore negates all performance advantages.

NOONTER

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thank you for his response and excuse that it wanted that there was a server since there are many waiting for this opportunity.

Also I want to be able do like a server to be able to play in my city. A code exists to see the life of the enemies.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
PM me your intended hosting IP, Steam ID, character name, and I'll start the "going over your exchange history" process. Please be prepared to host a HLDS 24/7 though. Keep in mind that you can't password the server (save for through the usual votelock system), and that any cheating you do will result not only in FN password revoke, but permanent character deletion and ban. (We're kinda mean to our FN hosts.)

We had an Argentinian server once before, for a few years actually... Think the guy finally gave up on it.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Keep in mind that you can't password the server (save for through the usual votelock system), and that any cheating you do will result not only in FN password revoke, but permanent character deletion and ban. (We're kinda mean to our FN hosts.)

Shouldn't afterlife be revoked then? They've had an "experimental" server LOCKED on FN. Assuming that's where they test all their exploits and console commands

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Shouldn't afterlife be revoked then? They've had an "experimental" server LOCKED on FN. Assuming that's where they test all their exploits and console commands

Sounds like something a butthurt person would say. Also, what proof do you have that people have been testing exploits and consoles commands on this one server?

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
You need to work on your reading comprehension before you write your shitsmear posts

Seems like the over-defensiveness is an admission of guilt

Edit: Glad to see it's gone now!

Last edited:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That would be a no-no, indeed.

Should probably add something internal to simply prevent that sorta locking on FN.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Assuming that's where they test all their exploits and console commands
You probably also noticed that this server had ten player slots. It was a test to see whether an MS:C server could hold ten players without crashing. You can probably ask one of the server operators to verify this.

Also, testing "exploits and console commands" (how these two are mentioned in the same breath kinda puzzles me) is best done off of [FN] by the way because off of [FN] everything goes. It wouldn't make much sense to host an [FN] server for stuff like this and risk your character getting rolled back, or worse.

Last edited:

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Keep in mind that you can't password the server (save for through the usual votelock system), and that any cheating you do will result not only in FN password revoke, but permanent character deletion and ban. .

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Those guidelines were posted after the Afterlife test server was being hosted.

This pinned thread says something else:
Guidelines for hosting an [FN] server said:
Few requirements for FN hosts:

[...]
• Can keep the server unpassworded most of the time, as personal play space doesn't help the community.
...unlocked most of the time. Not sure if we'll see "most of the time" now, I'll admit, because the server is gone (for now).

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
UHH UHH ACTUALLY! SECTION 8 PARAGRAPH 3 STATES THAT

you're a hacker we all know it don't even try to hide it ok buddy?

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
You seem to default to baseless assumptions whenever you run out of arguments, which is frighteningly often.
Assuming that's where they test all their exploits and console commands

you're a hacker we all know it don't even try to hide it ok buddy?

I can probably make assumptions too. Let me give it a shot:
1) I assume your "shitsmear posting" is the reason that got you (and your secondary account) banned in the first place.
2) I assume you won't be unbanned from the Afterlife servers.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Haha nice try! I don't have a secondary account! Unlike the 10 you have and use to lock the servers that you haven't banned people you don't like from so they can't join

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
You need to work on your reading comprehension before you write your shitsmear posts

Edit: Glad to see it's gone now!

Seems like the butthurt is strong in this one, why would someone host a private server to test exploits on FN, that's completly illogical to me. You have the option
"non FN" for a reason. Everybody already knows you are mad for being banned on these servers without even having the chance of setting foot on them, this is what you get when you are a nuisance to alot of people within the community. Now all there is left for you is to regret your lack of attitude and plan revenge on those who want to weed you out on the fun.

I was going to refer you to this thread but someone beat me to it, it seems. Anyways reread it and proceed to shut the f*ck up. Thanks.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
There is no point in this argument, you are just a nuisance at the end of the day, say hello to your brother for me, wordor.

EDIT: Better off being a troll to certain people than an idiot for life who accomplishes nothing long term. Here's your tip of the day, wordor.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
WTF happened while I was asleep? Did you not get the message when I locked the other thread?

Locked.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Cool it guys... Seriously... I don't miss the drama.

Though, I will say, that a certain someone who isn't Afterlife or Lucifer related, who posted in this rage thread, really needs to stop cheating, as this will be the third time I've rolled you back this year, and if it happens again, I'm removing you entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.