Poison Cloud

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Does Shadahar drops Poison Cloud? Since this time it's 23rd time i killed him and looting 109 gold each time.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Shadahar is, at the moment, master of the ultra-rare drop. I keep meaning to get to him and buff him up into something worthy of a more common drop (and more interesting), but alas, too busy. Next month isn't looking good for him either. I've idears though.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I prefer the idea of keeping Shadahar somewhat easy. He should be a mid level boss for noobs to kill =\

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I do like him as is, it makes PC actually somewhat rare considering you either have to kill him 50-100+ times, sit in on an atholo hunt, or trade for it. I think this is how the high level spells should be.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
I prefer the idea of keeping Shadahar somewhat easy. He should be a mid level boss for noobs to kill =\

Can we have like another, harder version of Shadahar? I kinda like the little mini-quest so I could fight him :eek:

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Or just a whole different quest with an entirely different monster.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:

:mrgreen:

Okay, okay, I'll post something serious: Let's make every single boss in this game yet even harder (read: more annoying). We should give Shadahar frequent knockback attacks, like Keledros now has (second form) because that's totally challenging. We should also definitely make every mid-level boss harder because that'll prevent mid-level players from actually being able to kill them. In fact, all the high-level bosses should be harder, too, because they have already been beaten multiple times.

Okay, that wasn't really serious. My bad.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
We should make bosses so they can be damaged in weakspots (or when they retaliate) or can only be killed with traps like Garontho (tough he can still be killed without the trap)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I already have plans for that..

That is to say: One of the N number of ways to beat a map of mine is like that. There are just so many ways.. So many.. (I dun know which one to choose ;-))

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Meh. I want to see a boss that you can only knock back until you knock him into a Fountain of Life (or some RPG cliche like that), then he falls in it and you get to beat the living crap out of him for 5 seconds, then he gets back up again, etc.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Jelly said:
Choose them all then. :p Make a map with N different endings.

It would crash with all the entities. On top of that, the script would kill Thothie.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Tentadrilus said:
Meh. I want to see a boss that you can only knock back until you knock him into a Fountain of Life (or some RPG cliche like that), then he falls in it and you get to beat the living crap out of him for 5 seconds, then he gets back up again, etc.

I had an idea similar to this one, though everyone might not like it because it's zelda-esque. Basically a boss that you beat on until it falls over, and is stunned for a couple of seconds, allowing you to do extra damage(or none before he falls, whith actually damaging him afterwards).
I just think it's a neat idea.

A flaw in the knockback thing is bosses can't be knocked back, I don't think. Or at least I haven't seen it. Kicking Calrian's big bro never got him away from the trampoline when I got stuck under him.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I like you're idea CrazyMonkey, but I think if he's going to take damage while down, I don't think he should be able to be froze (with GiB) or stunned at all, just like how Calrain can't be stunned.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Is there a way to make it so a boss is able to be ATTACKED by GiB, but not frozen? Most bosses I tackle with my iB are "too powerful to be affected by my blade's magic", but even then I'll get a slow on them on a rare chance.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, you can make monsters unGIBable

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Eh, bosses still get frozen even if they are too powerful.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I think it's based on their HP left, like it doesn't work when he has xxxx hp but works below xxxx

[FSM]The Owneded

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think we should ditch the classic idea of beating up a boss until it dies. I think it would be better if you could bribe the boss with something like an apple so that he'll give you access to his loots. Shadahar, being undead, probably wouldn't like an apple. So maybe you'd have to give him something like.... a diet coke (since he definitely wants to avoid the calories contained in a normal coke). This way, boss fights would becomes more interesting and also vending npcs would be less useless. Two birds with one stone!

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
[FSM]The Owneded said:
I think we should ditch the classic idea of beating up a boss until it dies. I think it would be better if you could bribe the boss with something like an apple so that he'll give you access to his loots. Shadahar, being undead, probably wouldn't like an apple. So maybe you'd have to give him something like.... a diet coke (since he definitely wants to avoid the calories contained in a normal coke). This way, boss fights would becomes more interesting and also vending npcs would be less useless. Two birds with one stone!

...what are you on, and where can i get some?

Zephiris

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Long time no see everyone. Just got Poison Cloud from Shadahar, took me 15 tries on my LAN server :D . Btw, What SC do you need to use the scroll?

Off-Topic: Love how far the mod has came since back in 1.2, Keep up the good work guys!