Picture

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Casting time is kinda fixed... It's one of those things that has to be set before the character actually loads (before the spell "weapon" is registered.)

I have a theory on how to fix the XP passing on Volcano and Firewall... But it would wind up nerfing them in the process - you'd basically have to hold the casting button down to sustain it.

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
whats that with volcano and fire wall? and since you're the spell expert, at what level can i use a spell other than fire, ice, and lightning? at what sc can i use rebuke undead and such? mostly because levelling 3 skills to bring average up is silly!

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Casting time is kinda fixed... It's one of those things that has to be set before the character actually loads (before the spell "weapon" is registered.)

I have a theory on how to fix the XP passing on Volcano and Firewall... But it would wind up nerfing them in the process - you'd basically have to hold the casting button down to sustain it.

if you have to hold it down is it possible to take mana in small incriments (say 10) for a set ammount of time - and just have the spell fizzle after a fairly long timer instead of insta-fizzle like it is now?

Tao

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I hate it when my spell fails to load. :eek:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
if you have to hold it down is it possible to take mana in small incriments (say 10) for a set ammount of time - and just have the spell fizzle after a fairly long timer instead of insta-fizzle like it is now?

That was the idear. Constantly spend mana to "keep it up", as it were.

and since you're the spell expert, at what level can i use a spell other than fire, ice, and lightning? at what sc can i use rebuke undead and such? mostly because levelling 3 skills to bring average up is silly!

I'm only the spell expert cuz I write the spells. ;)

You can also raise Affliction and Divination, starting at SC 6 or so, via Poison and Rebuke Undead (and later Acidbolt, Poison Cloud, and, maybe, Holy Circle).

Summoning is dependant on your SC. Both summoning and protection will be getting the axe, most likely.