Picture

Shuichi Shindou

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Could someone post a screen shot of their character holding the dark maul in their hands... I just want to see what it is supposed to look like, because I don't think my dark maul module is quite right...

Kokris666

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well i think your outta luck cause i gave mine away for a cal mace but if i still had mine i would. :?

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
ACK! J-M why do you lug around that overweight, unsure damage, two handed crapper for a bluntarm :oldshock:

I *highly* prefer cal's mace over darkmaul...

TONY JAA

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You know i had the Dark maul for a vary long time and it is heavy.... I never tryed the cal mace yet surprisinly. I am thinking of switch to one though.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
definently a superior blunt weapon. I was thinking of making one... but dont know

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Dark maul does 150% damage more than the Calrian mace at its base - but that's not all: in addition, it does Fire Damage for 5 seconds equal to half your Fire Magic skill on 1 in 5 strikes. Finally, it has fire elemental attributes. So if you whack something that is vulnerable to fire with it - it does increased damage, based on its vulnerability. This also increases the 1 in 5 magic fire damage.

Hence the 675 damage vs. Ice Troll. ;)

Granted, if you whack something that's immune to fire, it does no damage at all. It is also true, it is heavy, and not for the low of level.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Well there you go! You can't fight the Ice Bone Lord with the Dark Maul then (as that skellie is immune to all but physical damage) :D

Hey thothie another idea just popped into my head, quite randomly too, that you should add something similar to bombs... basically make potions that you can throw and that will explode, as non-magical damage, allowing us to damage even uber-bosses with them :D

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
maybe not bombs but how about mana bursts that use a lot of mana and do little damage (unless you lvl sc of course)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Could be somewhat cool; but what I REALLY want is an enchantment system! Where you can buy/collect one rare element, have an expensive to get (be it by dieing a lot for the price, or like 15k gold) which also takes a lot of mana, and fails like 60% of the time; when the element & spell are used, a weapon of choice may be enchanted (unless that 60% failure rate God speaks up).

How's that for an idea, and of course there would have to be a system to change the sword perma, or make it so that it is temp and you get to keep the collected item meant to be used :D

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
15k gold? more like 35k? or higher

Kokris666

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
Hey thothie another idea just popped into my head, quite randomly too, that you should add something similar to bombs... basically make potions that you can throw and that will explode, as non-magical damage, allowing us to damage even uber-bosses with them :D

Aww dude he has a point.. Take like the flasks from HeXen beyond hertic they were pretty much middle aged grenades.. Very nice idea i must say :idea:

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
ACK! J-M why do you lug around that overweight, unsure damage, two handed crapper for a bluntarm :oldshock:

I *highly* prefer cal's mace over darkmaul...

how can anyone complain about the dark maul being overweight unsure dmg two handed crapper when the great axe exists? my d maul rarely misses... and its only like level 24. i totally prefer it over calmace for exactly what thothie said.

i want to know how someone with 629hp and 320 mana has a full weight bar :oldshock:

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
my char only has 465hp, i carry full dark armor set, d maul, great axe, elv bow, high elven sword, bone blade, spellbook with like 6 spells, and a backpack full of pots, and im roughly 90%. maybe he carries around like 1000 arrows, thatd weigh as much as a great axe lol.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I like how you mention the spellbook with SIX spells. I don't think sheets of paper would add to your weight much, if at all.

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i figured maybe spells would add up as bad as arrows do. i dont know. i hate magic in this game, it takes too long to level and i actually have to go through the thornlands with it lol. when can i level something other than fire ice and lightning? and when can i get spells for them other than frostbolt, fire dart, and erratic lightning? i have fireball and rebuke undead but dunno when i can use them.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I don't feel like thinking, so there's no response to that =\

However...

i hate magic in this game, it takes too long to level

*Cough cough* Thothie *Cough*

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
im not complaining that its not unwarranted; i think that upperlevel spells are much more potent than comparable skills, but the fact that you must level all 8 sub-levels separately (as opposed to the 3 that level simultaneously with other skills) makes levelling difficult, especially when you can only level 3 until you're level whatever *grumble grumble*

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I wsa making mention of that because Thothie always says that magic is easy to level and keeps trying to find ways to make it harder >_>

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
haha! well its not that each individual sub-level is difficult to do (aside from constantly having to re-cast the spell which seems stupid in a common sense way), its the averaging. Until you're like level 10, you can only level fire, ice, and lightning. When you have 8 sublevels, that means you have to uberlevel them. My fire is 9, frost is 8ish, lightning is 12, and my sc is only level 5!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Scrolls are weightless. The spellbook itself weighs a bit, but not much.

We've had several people go from SC 0 to SC 15 in less than a month. This used to take over six months. So don't expect much help in that department from the code end.

bluezerosix7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
im actually cool with sc being difficult to level, considering the power that a high wizard has, what with volcano and such.

would shortening the casting time as sc goes up be legitimate? i hate that part of spellcasting, or maybe only having to cast when using a new spell?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Volcano isn't actually all that powerful, that is unless you get a monster that doesn't fear it and you cast it inside of them. Volcano is really only good for making things run that are kicking the crap out of you.

Casting time, maybe, but I don't want to see equip time go up. It's hard enough right now when I get beat up while trying to equip a spell =\