People who call items...

Should people who call items get punched in the head?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, btw I suck d*ck.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
now THERE is an idea...

and i'd think a fairly doable one...only problem is that theres usually just the one good item, but this helps distribute the other loot at least...

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
No, that's a bad way to do it, for many reasons:

1. A person can just sit in a corner for 30 minutes and still have access to the chest.
2. If you have a 10 person server, it's not going to take that long to finish the map, so you'd be sitting around for awhile.
3. 1 level 30 joins 10 minutes after 2 level 10s. The level 30 is doing much more than the 10s combined, but since the 10s got there first, they get the loot.
4. It still doesn't stop people 'calling' items. Most people call the items at the end of the last map or right at the beginning, so how would this have helped anyway?

1. votekick

2. time is adjusted according to the number of users, besides this was more for my server than others

3. true the level 30 is doing more damage, but it doesn't change the fact that the level 10's where there first. This is one of the things that happens to me, I am doing a map to get the treasure others join and jack it because they are faster.

4. I never said it was a fix all, but it would prevent the lower levels from joining and just taking.

and again I will state in the long run this isn't a good fix...

DarkWasp

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
OR

We could create a new entity for the FGD.

Instead of a chest.

(We can keep the chests but for really rare item bearing and commonly argued areas like foutpost we could try this instead.)

A magic box.

Someone +uses it and *POOF* 3 or 4 items pop out.

(Only the rare items, and it would still be rare to get like a certian weapon, and a certian other thing if you get my drift... My UNSPOILERIZ0R3D drift.)

And the items would be reserved for people based on how long they were there, how much damage they did, and if they already have the item. AND the items would go public after 5 minutes.

That way, when you get a rare item, it isn't "OMG I GOT TEH *INSERT ITEM* BEFORE TEH NOOBS OPENED TEH CHEST LOLZ!"

But you'd be sayin, "I have been chosen! TEH GODS OF THE MAGIC BOX ARE IN MY FAVOR!"

Oh yeah and the chest would still be there with the other stuff like gold, potions, arrows and whatnot.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
how about whoever does more damage gets to pick up the loot, and after say 60 seconds that loot is open to everyone if he/she does not claim it.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Meh... hope this doesn't make some more people angry...

but I don't think there ever was a problem with chest looting in 1.3

Why? Well first of all there weren't as many noobs humping hard earned chests of other players. And also because everything wasn't so goddamn rare... Increase the item chances or at least put more items in the chests...
So there are no "garbage" chests...

Basically, I want to be able to attain the items that I'm strong enough to reach. So I won't have to even worry about noobs stealing item from chests that I already have.

Even if they have good items... They'll still be noobs and they'll prolly wanna continue playing this game with the joy of getting some awesome weapon.

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage."

Pussyass noob with gib < Veteran player tearing up foutpost
Pussyass noob gets a flamelick < Veteran player who has a flamelick already
Pussyass noob gets owned by calrian < Veteran player loots his flamelick

Even if noob players get items... they'll die and we'll be right there to loot their freebees from their corpses. :twisted:

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Squirrel, you have got to admit that it's very amusing/satisfying when people like Kokris (= Vlad = Chase = Chase Young) and Acehigh get banned from tons of servers.

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
maybe you should make it so in foutpost when you return the head rather than it triggering the door he just gives you a key to the chest room. its no amazing anti noob fix but its better than nothing and easily done. also make a sort of awning/hallway only the size of a player so the person with the key is definetly the first person in. and players can sort it out in game who gets in line for the chest room and votekick anyone whos not worthy and wont get to the back of the line. foutpost is the only map i actually care if there are chest looting nubs, because i cant finish the map solo.

charcolishen

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! said:
Meh... hope this doesn't make some more people angry...

but I don't think there ever was a problem with chest looting in 1.3

Why? Well first of all there weren't as many noobs humping hard earned chests of other players. And also because everything wasn't so goddamn rare... Increase the item chances or at least put more items in the chests...
So there are no "garbage" chests...

Basically, I want to be able to attain the items that I'm strong enough to reach. So I won't have to even worry about noobs stealing item from chests that I already have.

Even if they have good items... They'll still be noobs and they'll prolly wanna continue playing this game with the joy of getting some awesome weapon.

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage."

Pussyass noob with gib < Veteran player tearing up foutpost
Pussyass noob gets a flamelick < Veteran player who has a flamelick already
Pussyass noob gets owned by calrian < Veteran player loots his flamelick

Even if noob players get items... they'll die and we'll be right there to loot their freebees from their corpses. :twisted:

This reeks of an elitist wanker's attitude.
Are you really a supporter? Or are you trying to chase away every possible hope for this game to flourish with such an attitude towards new players?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
replica said:
maybe you should make it so in foutpost when you return the head rather than it triggering the door he just gives you a key to the chest room. its no amazing anti noob fix but its better than nothing and easily done. also make a sort of awning/hallway only the size of a player so the person with the key is definetly the first person in. and players can sort it out in game who gets in line for the chest room and votekick anyone whos not worthy and wont get to the back of the line. foutpost is the only map i actually care if there are chest looting nubs, because i cant finish the map solo.

Exploitable. It's actual the exploit I use right now if people are being idiots :roll: (And no, it's not a cheat. If Thothie doesn't believe me, I can PM him)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Are you really a supporter? Or are you trying to chase away every possible hope for this game to flourish with such an attitude towards new players?

Don't start with this proletariat/bourgeois tripe...Understand that the hard working lvl 26+ people are the people that have already worked their asses off to get to where they are...And the fact that some n00bie comes in and takes a hard earned chain lightning scroll that they cannot even use is not something people around here will shrug off. Experienced players are nice to new players-They offer help, but not free rare items at their expense.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
how about just make all items like magic. where everything has a level limit (or sub level limit like swordsmanship).

"You cannot use the Flamelick because your SA is not to level 35" (or whatever)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
That would be better, but it still wouldn't stop people from giving noobs things "for later"

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
charcolishen said:

This stanks of a c*cksucking douchebag's attitude.
Are you really sucking d*ck right now? Or are trying to prove to us that every penis in the world has been sucked by you and your compulsiveness to suck dicks?

Juuuuust playing! Don't take it personally, though I'm sure you're one of them dern n00bs who are taking our jerbs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jStBsc98Bhw

I think what I said is quite reasonable... You play this game online with other people... To play with others, you have to respect others. If THEY screw you over, or loot a chest that they haven't worked for then they will not get your respect.

Guess it's time to mention another thing that bothers me about player treatment/etiquette...

You join a server and you are the only person on... So you decide to go make a run at an item or train on a certain map. Someone else joins and immediately wants to go somewhere else or do what they want to do.

Geeze people... wait your turn. Help them with their lil quest or cleaning of a map and then ASK if they would like to help you make a run at something or train elsewhere.

If they are too weak for your level of training or run for an item. Then either leave or help support them with ice shield and rejuv on a tougher map.

Yeah, confusing huh? (at least for you n00bs that are taking our jerbs!)

I hate looters yet I want to protect lone/weaker players from being dragged to maps that will be impossible for them to play at. What kind of maniac am I?

*sigh* All I want is to be called "Master Mario" (has that ring! or Zing! to it, lawl) of Urdual. :oldcry:

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
THEY TOOK OUR JERRRBS!!!1

(+1)

Also...I dislike n00bs coming in and voting to kick me out for no viable reason, even after I offered helpful advice.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
That would be better, but it still wouldn't stop people from giving noobs things "for later"

true. maybe people should stop giving noobs things.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
As has been suggested before, there should be levels for items. For example: you can't use the golden axe unless you have... say... axe handling 20 and divination 10.

Also, when some noob tries to grab an item without having the required skills, the game should say "You lack the skills of wielding this item" (or better yet: "Stop stealing rare items you motherf***ing noobcake"). I think this would solve the problem.

It would also get rid of that "Here's a rare item for later on!" bull.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! said:
*sigh* All I want is to be called "Master Mario" (has that ring! or Zing! to it, lawl) of Urdual. :oldcry:
When was the last time you checked the BoU guild topic? You got promoted to Master about four days ago!

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Well JM, that could annoy everyone, you finally get this rare item and you go to pick it up and discover that you're 5% off picking it up, and there are no monsters left on the map.

But I do like the idea of say needing a certain amount of skill in a weapon to use it.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Well, if skill-requirements for items get implemented, every player should be able to have instant access (somehow) to which items need which levels, so they know they should not waste time on Map A for Item B because they can't get it yet.

And no, such information should not be secret, because it would indeed be very annoying to waste your time on Map A only to find out that you can not use Item B yet.

What I mean is that skill-requirements for items should be public information. It should be posted in the WIKI or something.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
maybe... If someone lacking the skill in using a weapon...

They CAN pick up the weapon... But when they use it... Incredible Innaccuracy, Incredible high-low damage range, and a by a chance every swing they will drop their weapon! :p

And there can be a server message in the top left similar to the level up message now:
"So-and-So's skills are unworthy of the Flamelick!"

Or um...
That pushback thing like in the back alley of the edana market... Have one that pushs back players too low levelled for certain map types.... "I DOUBT IT'S POSSIBLE" but Derka Derrr

Yeeess :)

EDIT!

and um, adding on to my statement about people joining and dragging newbs to difficult maps.

Would it be possible to have in the server info along with the player name like:
Name____________Level_Kills_Playtime
"ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! (34)__99___1:37

so players can more accurately gauge which server they should join so they can play at their own level.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Fairly certain we can't affect the player list readout on the steam browser - although maybe I could rig it to suffix the user name with their level.