People who call items...

Should people who call items get punched in the head?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, btw I suck d*ck.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I strongly dislike it when people "call" items... even when it's something I don't want or already have.

If we came to this map SPECIFICALLY for you to get an item. Then you'll get it.

If you're on a more difficult map like foutpost or ms_snow with many other stronger players, shut yer goddamn trap. If other players are taking and dishing out more damage than you are, they have first picks to rare and powerful items.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I know. I was on a server and wanted to go to foutpost. Even before we votemapped, people started calling items. I just gave up and went to my server..

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
everyone wants my dagger... (and chain lightning)

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
"hey guys if we ever go to gatecity, the golden axe is mine."

:oldlol: like that?

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Every time I've done foutpost, with other people, somebody under level 20 called flamelick then either didn't help very much or waited by the door when everybody else went into the cave so they would be first in.

I just kill the supervisor and we all end up in jail having wasted 30 minutes.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
Every time I've done foutpost, with other people, somebody under level 20 called flamelick then either didn't help very much or waited by the door when everybody else went into the cave so they would be first in.

SO THAT WAS YOU!?!??!
I CALLED THE LOOT DAMMIT!!

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
shuriken ftw!

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:

yea, u were a dick... i tryed to help AS MUCH as i could... and i ran into the cave and u still did it... i let everyone grab what they wanted out of the chest then i went back to get what was left... and u killed teh bastard.... i was pissed all i got to grab was a mana pot...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
He's not supposed to tele you after you've beat it o_O

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
hmmm....

perhaps i did something wrong with that...thothie- in the next map updates, add a trigger_relay that kills the giant teleporter after the warboss dies...

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah... sorry about that... you were pretty much the only guy there at least trying to help.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
hmmm....

perhaps i did something wrong with that...thothie- in the next map updates, add a trigger_relay that kills the giant teleporter after the warboss dies...

I'll look into it.

edit: Yer using "perishtarget" on Graz, dunno if it's as dependable as "killtarget". Yer jail teleporter doesn't have a name (and if I give it one, it won't work) - so I removed the destination instead - should stop it.

Wish there was a dependable way I could rig the Super to be invulnerable to player attacks, but still vulnerable to orcs.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
There should be a system coded into this game that checks which players do the most damage. Whoever does the most damage is the only one to use the chest at first. Once he has looked into the chest, the #2 top killer can look into the chest, and so on.

charcolishen

New Adventurer
Reaction score
That'd be fun. Here a couple of people are killing Ice Lord off and have gone at it for almost 20mins then all of a sudden you come in and smack Bonelord for mega damage with the freaking golden axe.

Let the chest be openly available.
After all, it doesn't make much sense to be 'rejected' entry by a chest.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
How about magic chests that reject stupid noobs that call items while they don't do crap?

Also, everybody and their mother fights the ice bone lord with golden axes nowadays. In other words: the situation you just described won't occur.

charcolishen

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I was about to say don't feed me that magic chest crap, but I guess it wouldn't have stopped you anyway.

Votekick conveniently exists for 'stupid noobs that call items while they don't do crap'. That, and I don't like the idea of chest priority when a bunch of other people who have actually done more than enough to help out with killing / finishing the objective, suddenly don't get a chance at some of the rarities cause of an oversized snob who hogs the rares.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I always die when the Ice Bone Lord gets below 200 hp :oldcry: I never make it in time for the loot

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I know that might sound very complicated, but rares could have a % chance to spawn to every clients, not on the server. That would fix the problem of chest fights :roll:

EDIT: I just noticed I said about the same thing as AmIAnnoyingNow lol

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
whoever voted no, you suck d*ck.

charcoal, if you and ur buddy were fighting icelord and then J-M comes in and finishes him in 1 attack... then that means... You and your buddy killed his 1st 2 forms already... and Did enough damage to the last for J-M to smash him in one hit.... Taking into account the WHOLE REST OF THE MAP, you guys did way more damage than J-M so if such a system was in place... you or ur friend would get the items first...

I honestly think that we should have some kind of PASSWORDED servers for players who aren't noob item whores... Or at least some active players should have admin powers (*cough* kinda hard to have that with chances for abuse...)

This item whoring isn't something "illegal" ingame... But in a game like this with such a social setting... It's something that must be addressed and fixed. But ofcourse this looting thing needs to be added into amx server info or rules/common etiquette...

lawl, I gave Blasto the chain lightning I picked up from foutpost... Course he's gonna give me something in exchange later :twisted: but yeah... I gave it to him bc 1. he's a magey mage and needs spells. and 2. It was his constant blizzards that made the map easier than it should have been.
Oh! and a brawler kicked me up on the lobber cliff, so I stayed up there and kept the lobbers from doing their lobbing =D

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
hmm was reading this thread then came up with a possible solution I will try working on.

I know that you can check players play times inside a server, so what if a chest only worked for those where where in a map for a set amount of time?

like in foutpost, we could set the time needed to be in a map 30 - 45 minutes before you can even use the chest, so unless you where playing from the begining you wouldn't even be able to touch the chest. now this obviously work for everything, but for some of the bigger maps it could be a good short term use.

besides gives me an excuse to try and write AMX plugins for MS:C

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
No, that's a bad way to do it, for many reasons:

1. A person can just sit in a corner for 30 minutes and still have access to the chest.
2. If you have a 10 person server, it's not going to take that long to finish the map, so you'd be sitting around for awhile.
3. 1 level 30 joins 10 minutes after 2 level 10s. The level 30 is doing much more than the 10s combined, but since the 10s got there first, they get the loot.
4. It still doesn't stop people 'calling' items. Most people call the items at the end of the last map or right at the beginning, so how would this have helped anyway?

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well for the first one... a vote kick for the person who sits in the corner... blah... i hate it when people call stuff then go "afk"

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm tired of one person constaintly taking stuff out of that one chest while theres four other people who are waiting for their turn, did equal if not more work than him. And so, that person looting all the good items leaving crap items behind. I think, after opening a chest and closing the chest menu, or whatever its called, will have to wait a time before he can use the chest again.