The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
zeus i dont see why it would be a bad idea. the games have similar mechanics, the openmw engine will be OPEN source and even compatible with already existing mods. so, it should be fairly easy to make as well.

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
ceriux said:
zeus i dont see why it would be a bad idea. the games have similar mechanics, the openmw engine will be OPEN source and even compatible with already existing mods. so, it should be fairly easy to make as well.
So, basically there could be a port of MSC to MW or just use the engine to power MSC so you wouldn't have to deal with GldSrc issues anymore?

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
ceriux said:

I never said it would be a bad idea.

Though begging and posting an image of someone praying is a bad idea, it ruins stuff. :wink:

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Regorty said:
ceriux said:
So, basically there could be a port of MSC to MW or just use the engine to power MSC so you wouldn't have to deal with GldSrc issues anymore?

basically a new mod of mastersword in the openmw engine. we could have a real rpg world with out loading screens and all the crappy limitations of goldsrc. i doubt there would be servers with like 10 people running around idk how they plan to do the multiplayer to be honest, at the moment the developers just list it as a possibility. but even being able to run around in a real rpg environment with like 4 people i think would be good enough. which either way it'll be open source so the player limit could always be changed. i just think if they really add the multiplayer to the engine it would be a great move for msc to jump on.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
ceriux said:

I never said it would be a bad idea.

Though begging and posting an image of someone praying is a bad idea, it ruins stuff. :wink:
Suck my dick faggot :mrgreen: I do what I want

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
We wouldn't even need to worry about ripping off morrowind models if we go this route.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
Suck my dick faggot :mrgreen: I do what I want

>Implying that everyone does the same as you.

Nope. :roll:

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
TheOysterHippopotami said:
He does what he wants. And he wants you, zeus.

Kids shouldn't have that much liberty, otherwise they will rebel. Just like girls. :wink:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Converting a single player game to multiplayer is a coding nightmare, one that I've yet to see pulled off well. It certainly would be nice to see though.

I have NIF converters for Milkshape, so we could convert some of our models over. They don't do animations though, which would be a huge bugger. There maybe better converters for 3DSMax, that maybe FER could handle (I can't make heads nor tails of 3DSMax myself). I suppose our orcs wouldn't look too out of place among Morrowind graphics with some tweaking.

Maps would have to be redone from scratch. Morrowind maps are made up of groups of models though, so it may not be entirely outside the remaining team's skill set. It's tricky to align them proper though. The chrome caves in Nasharlwatitz are actually made up of several Morrowind cave models glued together, so it's not impossible - just really tricky.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
ceriux said:
why not just use morrowind content?
Because then all your dwarves would have mechanical spider legs.

Yagrum_Bagarn.jpg

ancient_dwarves.jpg

(But yeah, they do have orcs, at least... And we're already using their elves...)

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
There are Dwarven Spectre models that could be reskinned to be actual dwarves.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Is this the thread where we talk about stealing yet even more content from Morrowind?

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
MS:C community said:
Is this the thread where we talk about stealing yet even more content from Morrowind?

Master Sword: Morrowind Continued.

Problem, officer?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Converting a single player game to multiplayer is a coding nightmare, one that I've yet to see pulled off well. It certainly would be nice to see though.

I have NIF converters for Milkshape, so we could convert some of our models over. They don't do animations though, which would be a huge bugger. There maybe better converters for 3DSMax, that maybe FER could handle (I can't make heads nor tails of 3DSMax myself). I suppose our orcs wouldn't look too out of place among Morrowind graphics with some tweaking.

I actually did have a smd importer pluging for MAX (I think you can get it from the same guys who make jed's HLMV) tough it barely helped. Had way better results to just export as another format which escapes my mind right now (autodesksomething...) and I also believe same can be done with animations.
Also 3Dmax is far from being greek if you just stick to the tools that were available in milkshape3D (they are less buggy in MAX tough)

Maps would have to be redone from scratch. Morrowind maps are made up of groups of models though, so it may not be entirely outside the remaining team's skill set. It's tricky to align them proper though. The chrome caves in Nasharlwatitz are actually made up of several Morrowind cave models glued together, so it's not impossible - just really tricky.

Probably almost every modern game uses models for maps, except for the terrain, which probably make the task even easier as the modelers themselves could do part of it.
Also im not sure you should be so afraid of misaligned areas, its probably not like in HL maps were the minimal error makes it unplayable.
If anything it sounds far from tricky but rather a simplification of HL mapping and in general.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
In Unreal it's not so bad, as the models are all self contained, but in Morrowind, the models are made up of several conjoining sections, and while it's true, if they are off by a few units, it won't break compilage, but you will fall through the map at the break.

Not that it's a huge deal - more complicated to make the models themselves. Main concern would be whether this multi player code comes to fruition.

I dunno what it is about 3DSMax and the various spin offs, but I canna so much as reposition the camera. :\

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I dunno what it is about 3DSMax and the various spin offs, but I canna so much as reposition the camera. :\

Select mesh->right click->editable mesh->ms3d onsteroids

Also the thing to give models more quality is the "meshsmooth" modifier

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm aware of the 3D selection interface - think Milkshape is the only 3D editor without one, being a bit half-assed (though you can use the Selection Editor Plugin, even if it's a bit clumsy). But 3DSMax just doesn't work intuitively for me - meh, I need to reinstall and fiddle with it some more I suppose. Half-Life1 is about the only thing Milkshape is good for these days.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Eh no what I gave out was the command to get basic tools ones uses on ms3d (selecting vertexes, sides,etc. spliting them or welding them)