Open Gl????? what is that

Dalarack

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Master swrod uses features only available in open Gl mode!!!!

im a noob, so what can i do to solve this

Amrmentesh

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I had this same problem, and when i went to options it told me openGL was not supported, and ms was ONLY for OpenGl???? is this true if not where can i get openGl?

dRkILL

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
First of all, you don't download OpenGL; your video card either supports it or doesn't. Chances are, if your card was made after 1995, it supports it. Driver issue perhaps? Maybe get the latest one? If not, a good format might be in order for you. Otherwise, you can play in Software mode. Looks like crap, but works.

natranr

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
go to tigerdirect.com and buy a nvidia video card, geforce fx 5200 works for me

Rauell

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Alot of onboard video cards dont support opengl

My old compaq didnt... wierd i know.

Clobber

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Open GL CRAP!

alright... it says: This game cannot be supported in Software mode, it needs to be run in Open GL or something like that... so i change to Open GL and then it says: Invalid video mode, and then it uses software automaticly... that sux... how can i make diz shit work?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
You buy a new video card. The five people or so on this planet who still actually have these ancient video cards that don't support OpenGL should burn them and buy new ones immediately.

Clobber

New Adventurer
Reaction score
look

hey it works with open GL ive played cs in open gl b4
and then it worked!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's worth noting, that just about all the Flex case style Dells and Gateways - usually purchased by people of little means or of stingy parents - tend to have these sort of cards that lack OpenGL built into the motherboard. It is these very people that look to HL1 mods for their gaming needs, not having much in the way of options. Seems somewhat cruel, if not self-defeating, to ignore them all.

Certainly a low priority issue, but I think it'd be worth taking a stab or two at getting the Direct X working. Bad enough they can't play NS. ;)