steam is gay

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...So... I CAN'T start my Steam yet? :(

Really need to get this straightened out - I can't get MSC to start in offline mode, so I can't test anything like this. Patch release date is sooon, even if not much has happened this time, need to test more before release.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
...So... I CAN'T start my Steam yet? :(

Really need to get this straightened out - I can't get MSC to start in offline mode, so I can't test anything like this. Patch release date is sooon, even if not much has happened this time, need to test more before release.

thothie why dont u get beta testers for occasions like this?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I think most people here would volunteer to be beta testers.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Okay, beta tester - your job is to restart Steam, and see if you can still start Master Sword Continued from the game menu. :) Then report back here and say if you can/can't.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Alrighty then, I'll risk letting Steam update itself... Better be right, cuz if it asks me to pay for it - I suspect someone else is going to have to work on the scripts or somethin. ;)

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
no, it asked me to pay for it before i updated to the most recent patch. i closed steam and oh my there was an update i didnt have to pay for msc ne more lol... matter of fact i made custom content today and tested it XD!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sweet, worked out... Added some new stuff that, thankfully, turned out to be easier than I thought.

As for *real* beta-testing... Well, I work like Microsoft and Valve in that, you're all unwitting beta-testers! Mauahahaha! (Tis why tis called a "beta-pack") ;)

It's not too often I come across something I can't test alone, and when I do, I tend to summon up RED, who's usually eager to beta-test, despite the fact I keep forgetting to update his character on my test server, and is dependable in his responses.

I used to just leave the test server open to the public and depend on the occasional wanderer to help test things out on, but I discovered this ate too much time, particularly chit-chatting with said wanderers. So I do most of my tests LAN now... Sadly, I think this is what lead to many of the problems we found in the old MSC (team, testing via LAN, and single player), but it certainly speeds things along.

PS. I would like lag-test some of these new spell FX, but my system isn't real good for lag testing, since MSC hates my network and puters so much.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hey Thothie here's an idea: use Hamachi (I know I mentioned this like a year ago, and somebody else did recently; maybe it was me again...).

You could host a LAN network, yet people like me could join: they would require the password and networking name that you setup on Hamachi though: so you wouldn't have to worry about unofficial beta testers crashing your party :D

EDIT:
http://www.hamachi.cc/
Forgot to give you a link :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...or I could just use my backup of the [FN] archives like I always do. I dun care much if people who aren't supposed to be beta testers get onto the beta-test server, so long as there's slots for those I intend to have on there. I only password it if I want to be left alone, or am running something that could potentially mess up someone's MSC.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A) Ceriux your steam skin is very sexy (uhghhmmm... orgasm)

B) Thothie: Hamachi still rocks, and should you want private beta testers remember Hamachi; and when you remember Hamachi, remember me :D