OCT2007a Bug Reports

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Reward system must really be bugged. We where 6 people + chatbugbot at a server. All had been there for atleast 15 minutes. Everyone was active. We killed the armor and what spawns? Poison scroll :D

Did I misunderstand or shouldn't 6 players result in a 100% spawn chance of either Dark Sword or Urdulian shield? Have been farming different maps a few times with other players (3-7) and I yet I have to see something that got a spawn chance raised by number of players spawn.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If this is b_castle, I think it's actually 7 players for a 100% spawn chance of either/or, more than 7 gets you both. Chatbot, however, is not counted.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
dunno if anyone has reported this yet but sometimes one of the spiders in the old mans house has the name "ACT_NAME" only happens sometimes. i started a new character called Samurai and soon as i started i got sword to lvl 2 and parry leveled with it, this some kind of bug?

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
If this is b_castle, I think it's actually 7 players for a 100% spawn chance of either/or, more than 7 gets you both. Chatbot, however, is not counted.
You changed it?

viewtopic.php?p=65756#65756
Thothie said:
With 6 or more players over 500hp, your odds of getting one or the other is are 50%. (Always gives one or the other)

At 8-10 players with 500hp, your odds of getting both are 100%.

With less than six players it's 5% chance per player for either/or.

In addition to having the free time to play MSC 10hrs a day for 4 days straight, you've some really crappy luck. ;)

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Okey, we did a 7 players run:
# 1 "LordThraxis" 4 STEAM_0:1:13728723 8 1:12:31 300 0
# 2 "Mikkel" 101 STEAM_0:1:5804515 10 28:18 0 0
# 3 "Tull" 107 STEAM_0:0:3506107 10 28:05 53 0
# 4 "Black Archer Halo_Blue" 103 STEAM_0:0:13811888 6 28:18 85 10
# 5 "villager" 104 STEAM_0:0:1914428 9 28:18 105 0
# 6 "Mear" 112 STEAM_0:0:2139565 5 07:23 59 0
# 7 "Tirex" 113 STEAM_0:0:2883221 7 01:31 44 0
# 8 "Kreisi" 106 STEAM_0:1:221600 5 28:15

No nothing?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hmm... Wish I was there to "talk" to the chest. Lots of things can get players discounted. Being marked AFK when the chest spawns, being AFK more than half their game, having so few hitpoints that they look like a fresh char, never have been struck on the map, etc. etc.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Being marked AFK when the chest spawns, being AFK more than half their game,
All where active and all (cept Tirex) had been in the game for atleast 5 minutes
Thothie said:
having so few hitpoints that they look like a fresh char,
Well, that I dunno. Why have this requirement?
Thothie said:
never have been struck on the map,
We made sure everyone had gotten a hit once
Thothie said:
Wish I was there to "talk" to the chest.
Can we do this somehow?

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
You can, but then everybody goes "Woah did that chest just talk?"

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tull said:
Thothie said:
having so few hitpoints that they look like a fresh char,
Well, that I dunno. Why have this requirement?
To stop people with ID gens from spawning a bunch of characters, and hooking up their spare laptops to inflate the player count. Also helps in the anti-bot detection.

I can PM ya something and the vars to pull.

For those who already have vays of making dem speaks – here’s the questions to ask (so far they’ve been coming out right, I’ve been interrogating those lodagond chests a lot):
TC_NPLAYERS – how many qualifying players the chest detected in the last query
TC_CHANCE – the resulting total chance to win the last item tested
GIVE_PRIZE – set to 1 if last item tested was awarded

Also lplayers stuff:
lplayers scriptvar IN_WORLD – returns 1 if verified part of world for at least 1 minute
lplayers scriptvar PL_TIME – time player verified in world in minutes
lplayers scriptvar IS_AFK – returns 1 if player flagged AFK
lplayers scriptvar AFK_TIME – total time spent AFK
lplayers scriptvar PL_BEEN_ATTACKED – returns 1 if been struck
lplayers isbot – returns 1 if detects as bot (basic test, not passing info for adv test, but I’ve never seen it go wrong)
lplayers maxhp – player hp

“. time” (period, space, "time") will return your time stats as well as the server's.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Seems light Lightning Storm no longer counts as lightning damage.

It is able to fry lightning armors, and when cast upon people with lightning resist rings, resist is not added in.

Also poison armors were not getting extra damage from it as usual.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Endless Blizzards...

Anyone getting this bit where blizzards never go away? I'm just noticing it with my test character now, and I've no clue what's causing it (not done anything to Blizzard in a long time...) :(

edit:
nvm, figured it out... Parry affects Concentration, and if Con goes over 100, Concentration dependant spells become permanent due to the ratio math. :/

Bleh, may have to bump new parry system over to next year, too many unforeseen consequences keep cropping up. Got enough "whack-a-mole" debugging going on here as it is.

Picadilly

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Ara's loot isn't dropping, Calruin's seals aren't working correctly, some of the map triggers aren't working well.

Cleicert: sometimes the wall that houses the electric orcs and shamans doesn't break after the gold forged and lightning skellies are all eliminated.

Wicard: the red translucent barrier in the skellie room between the catacombs and the hole with the rope ladder sometimes doesn't drop when last skellie is killed.

B_castle: bludgeons in last room before boss sometimes don't spawn after the last elemental armor is killed.

the_keep: sometimes the second wave of bandits in the courtyard with the trolls get stuck behind the door on the stairs.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The keep can be fixed with the use of Poison cloud, Blizzard, or some other spells that act like them. Fire at the door and let the guys inside die.

Moira

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Here are some very minor typos I pinned down as I played...

In the description of the spider blade:
"...to fend of(sic) spiders..."

When you've shot all your bolts with the crossbow you get a message saying:
"You don't have any bolt(sic) left"

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The b_castle problem seems to be caused if you purposely don't kill the armors as they come out. For example, not killing any of the fire armors because you have phoenix armor and like free health. Then you end up with a bunch of fire armors left over from waves and it seems to screw up the trigger to spawn the bludgeons at the end... somehow.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
When you've shot all your bolts with the crossbow you get a message saying:
"You don't have any bolt(sic) left"
Can fix the spider thing – but I think the ammo system just returns the prefix for the ammo type. (Maybe we can rig something on the code end to pluralize.)

Ara's loot isn't dropping, Calruin's seals aren't working correctly, some of the map triggers aren't working well.
There was a bug with one of the Ara chests that has been fixed…

…Calruin I’ve not had the chance to test yet, but I’ve not done anything to the map, so I’ve no idea why triggers would be breaking. :/

Cleicert: sometimes the wall that houses the electric orcs and shamans doesn't break after the gold forged and lightning skellies are all eliminated.
Probably a map flaw (fireallperish dependency), I’ll have to re-examine the source, although I’ve never seen it happen myself.

Wicard: the red translucent barrier in the skellie room between the catacombs and the hole with the rope ladder sometimes doesn't drop when last skellie is killed.
Also, likely a fireallpersh dependency, but I’ve not seen that happen there either. :/

B_castle: bludgeons in last room before boss sometimes don't spawn after the last elemental armor is killed.

the_keep: sometimes the second wave of bandits in the courtyard with the trolls get stuck behind the door on the stairs.

“ “ … although this one I’ve at least seen. May also be a improperly chained monster spawn, if it’s the one I’m thinking of.

I thought we fixed that by making the door stay open? Maybe I r thinking of someplace else.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Should you happen to fix wicard, do drop the torch sprites...No Free Edicts at the spawn point just shouldn't be happening :?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tis actually one of those times when it happens a lot, characters logging in generates a lot of temporary edicts, so it seems.

I'm not sure if my source any longer matches the current release – but if it does - I could go in and replace all the torches with light-texture based ones (ie. mounted light crystals). Assuming Replica does not object.

Hmm... My host has gone fuzzy - bad timing.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Average of all skills, maybe? Could even have it be XX.XX for the hell of it >_>

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'd rather prefer the idea of quest-based titles, tbh.
eg: Antimage, if you kill all of our evil wizards and bring proof to some NPC...Or something to that effect.
I'd imagine this being more effective as a way of gauging what a character can do, based on their ability to complete more difficult tasks, as opposed to being a parry inflated level forty that completed the task of afk'ing.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Maybe a sum of all levels excluding parry. Just a suggestion, personally I like hp/mana more.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It would have to exclude parry... As we're going to axe that as a level'able skill altogether, eventually. It'll depend instead on equipment and your skill with the deployed weapon.

[FSM]The Owneded

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
It would have to exclude parry... As we're going to axe that as a level'able skill altogether, eventually. It'll depend instead on equipment and your skill with the deployed weapon.

You'll compensate for the lost mana I hope.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'd hope so... I'd say melee skills should give small MP boost, as levelling Spell Casting gives small HP boosts.